FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

cocainebiceps

Professional shytposter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Trolling hI'm about what? She's the only person on the show not living a fantasy life:
She has a job that pays. Earn doesn't.
She can support herself. Earn cant.
She has a home. Earn doesn't.
She has a better spot than paperboi.

Aside from Earns parents, Van is the only stable adult in the ENTIRE show. Earns boy pops bottles in the club, does 2 dollar tuesdays, then needs to take hos to happy hour, and get driven around cause he doesnt have a car.

Paperboi has to trap.

Earn just made 62 dollars in 2 weeks.

Also forgot to add the parking lot attendant who was actually legit while the waitress was on that "up selling" bullshyt:russ:
The dualities...

I'm not saying Earn doesn't need to change, but a little self awareness on her part would go along way . A successful fashion boutique is as elusive as a successful rap career and neither make enough for frou frou bullshyt with a baby at home.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
bNpPTXas.gif

29558601572_20aced6cab_o.gif

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not saying Earn doesn't need to change, but a little self awareness on her part would go along way . A successful fashion boutique is as elusive as a successful rap career and neither make enough for frou frou bullshyt with a baby at home.
Do we know if she has her own boutique now or if that's what she eventually wants to do?

It seems like it's something she wants to do at some point, right now she has a job that pays consistently and is able to have a decent place and provide for her kid.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
'ohhh nah, this not a parking service...I found this vest over at the Kroger's shopping center, and this a light saber'...':deadmanny:

All the parking lots down here have signs saying 'Do not give your money to anyone in the lot' lol

I thought the Migo's scene went too far into parody, but it's not a real concern....Highly overdramatized, in a show that previously felt very down to earth. Also, if you don't want to glamorize the drug game, don't have the Migos doing a comedic routine guest spot.

Last edited:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI

She supports herself and her daughter without any help. If anyone should be having side dreams, it should be her. In fact, her dream would be much more possible if Earn helped out.

I say this with the assumption that the house and car she has were bought with her own money and not passed down/bought by her parents - who haven't been introduced yet. So this is all pure speculation at this point. But she definitely has a right to bytch.

Besides whether Earn is broke or not, he's still gonna bum money off her anyway :heh: So what is the nikka complaining about? Now you don't have money to do shyt that you shouldn't have thought about doing anyway :lolbron:

I kid. Kinda. But that's some shyt my parents would tell my ass as a teenager.

GhostoftheMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Straight Outta Homeworld
we got to see character interactions and dynamics of their lives separately (paper boy, darius and earn, his girl). i liked how stressful the deal looked when so many shows try to make it seem cool as fukk; that guy getting shot scene legit made me uncomfortable.

earn gotta understand that even though he has dreams he can't be in someone else's house eating food/ mooching and trying to tell the other person what they're gonna have to deal with. she could be living with her daughter with one less mouth to feed and one less burden but she let's him live there because she wants a family. the least earn could do is try to do something (nikka pick your gotdamn daughter up :pacspit: you lazy bum).

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Need to rep you my nikka. For real you're killing it.
Could also go a little deeper..
Why didnt Van believe the black parking attendant but was so eager to listen to the white waitress.:sas1:
shyt is smart all around..
It's the little intricacies that get me about this show

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why didnt Van believe the black parking attendant but was so eager to listen to the white waitress.:sas1:
The waitress was actually a waitress. The attendant was a random guy that found a vest at Kroger's and was using a lightsaber to direct traffic.

If the waitress was black, Van would've listened the same because the waiter actually works at the restaurant, knows the menu and provides suggestions like every actual waiter does.

When I go out to a new spot, I might ask the waiter what they prefer if I'm trying to decide between a couple of options.

A random dude on a dark ass street that tells you that gangs come out at 11 to vandalize and steal cars, that tow trucks come around often and charges the same as the actual valet service for the restaurant would get the :camby: from anybody.

Keep in mind, this is Van's car. Somebody vandalizes the shyt and she has to pay for it while Earn gives her the :yeshrug:

If somebody steals the car, she has to find a way to get to work since she's the only one bringing in income, pick up her kid and do everyday things.

Last edited:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Regarding the 'parking attendant' scene, there may be a further context, but I read the follow up scene as strictly comedy.....I mean, who wants to be interrupted in the middle of a date, or any meal, and have to run out and have a confrontation with a fukking predatory tow truck driver, who may already have your car attached? :laff: Vanessa made the right move lol