The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Thoughts from an Atlanta boy.

A "Follies" reference was just made no less than 5 minutes into it. I'd like to humbly extend the middle finger to Drake and the FX channel for turning our modest den of iniquity into a sweltering tourist trap full with high rollers willing to pay more than $5 for lap dances. :mjcry:

J.R Crickets cameo! An institution. Probably the best scene from the first episode. :mjlol:

Glenwood. My Home base. :mjcry:

It's kinda annoying how they just rattle off Atlanta spots for authenticity, but whatever. :yeshrug:

Alright. The second episode DEFINITELY captured what it's like to spend a night in Rice Street (even though it was Dekalb), right down to the tranny hooker. Terrible flashbacks. 2nd episode is definitely the stronger of the two. :wow:

I can't front. I can't stand that nikka Donald Glover.. but the show is working so far.
:manny:
this show is EAST ATL PERSONIFIED :banderas:

Kd35brah

All Star
Daps
death-note-Stanfield-cover.jpg

Yo, props to LaKeith Stanfield(Darius) for landing "L" in the upcoming Netflix adaptation.
Wtf?

Why is L Black? The fukk?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Wtf?

Why is L Black? The fukk?
I'm looking this up

Despite the obvious Japanese cultural infusion of the already many previous iterations of the story, Wingard's Death Note film is looking sadly white. Nat Wolff has been cast to play Light, the film's lead. Shea Whigham will play his father. Margaret Qualley will play Mia Sutton, Light's obsessive girlfriend, devoted follower, and sometime murderous protege. The other main character, L, will be played by Keith Stanfield. Granted, he's not white, and L, as an Interpol agent coming from England could in theory not be necessarily Asian, but it's an odd move and not one that addresses the diversity issue at hand in this iteration of Death Note.

Death Note's original series creator, Tsugumi Ohba, has made the following remarks on L's ethnicity:

"I think of him as a quarter Japanese, a quarter English, a quarter Russian, a quarter French or Italian, like that."
Hmm, there's artistic license and then there's changing the fundamentals of a story. Here's hoping the racial differences of the film from its origin material doesn't affect the way the story unfolds or the cultural dynamics that enhance it so well.

qqzbvacgkamaojyggkbk.jpg

Definite Differences
Sadly, there are already reports on a few definite differences to expect in the film. As part of the character's ethnic changes, a few names have been changed as well. Light's last name has been changed Turner instead of Light Yagami. Light's girlfriend Mia is named Misa Amane in Death Note's other iterations, a significant name in that she's also a famous model and actress in the story. Light's father, Soichiro Yagami, will now be James Turner. Paul Nakauchi as L's assistant and former caretaker, Watari, is the only one keeping both his original character name and ethnicity since Ryuk has no ethnicity.

It goes without saying the film won't take place in Japan. Instead, filming is underway in Vancouver, with the city standing in for Seattle. Seattle's rainy mood is a reasonable fit for the story, but once again, the cultural implications abound. One has to wonder if screenplay writers Anthony Bagarozzi, Charley Parlapanides, Vlas Parlapanides, Vlas Parlapanides, Jeremy Slater, and Chuck Mondry altered some of the more culturally specific elements to reflect Western customs instead. Will they use the word "Shinigami"? Will the Death Note's rules and regulations work the same? Will L still constantly be eating in every scene or walking around barefoot?

Yeah....I think we better stick with the anime/manga breh :francis:

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
:snoop: Damn I missed the first week, he'll get my ratings next week.