FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Great debut. I'm from Atlanta. It's cool they captured the obvious stuff but what I really love is how they captured how WEIRD and random some nikkas are in the hood.

It's the sole reason I'm trained to keep a straight face and not talk to anybody. That bus scene had me like :damn: I fukking hate the Marta.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just finished watching and the show is already off to a great start :ehh:. Right off the bat, it feels and sounds different than anything else on TV.

Of course I knew Donald Glover from Community, but have to give props to Brian Tyree Henry as Paper Boi who impressed me. Didn't realize he was the same actor who popped up on Vice Principals in the last episode :ohhh:. Plus his song was catchy.

All the interactions he had after the shooting were great, from the cop in the precinct :stopitslime:to the guy at the wing stop "Don't let me down" :demonic:to the lady with the kids. The switch up from :usure:to :steviej:after she found out who he was great.

Already can tell its going to have some of the best music on TV.

FX blessing us with another one :myman:

KRiLL (+)

Yo! Ho! Ho!
Daps
Reppin
Straw Hat Pirates
ATL nikkas luv da trannies...
7dia98m.png

Corey Matthews

All Star
Daps
I think I know what you mean, but expand on this brother.

Well for one she is in love with Ern and gets angry because he wouldn't say I love you but she has a date later and he's living with her. There's just too many strings & emotions attached to a situation like that. She could have been with that guy for a min. acting like she's wants him/sleeps with but he's just a place holder until Ern gets his shyt together. People also want that ideal family and most of the time they will continually try to make it work at the expense of others. Like I just don't have the patience to wonder if this person is really into to me and that goes for everyone really.

Btw: I'm a Lady

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
Well for one she is in love with Ern and gets angry because he wouldn't say I love you but she has a date later and he's living with her. There's just too many strings & emotions attached to a situation like that. She could have been with that guy for a min. acting like she's wants him/sleeps with but he's just a place holder until Ern gets his shyt together. People also want that ideal family and most of the time they will continually try to make it work at the expense of others. Like I just don't have the patience to wonder if this person is really into to me and that goes for everyone really.

Btw: I'm a Lady
My bad sister, I just saw the screen name and made the mistake...

Yeah the reason I asked was bc I kind of believe the same thing as far as dating people with kids you might be at a disadvantage bc of their desire to make it work
I was going to take it a step further..I think a lot of times even if there isn't a kid if a woman lives with a guy/has long history with a guy who doesn't have his stuff together at all but she loves him a sister with more will try to stick it out..even if she is trying to date on the side she will still hold out hope that he will get his act right...which means any new dude is going to lose. I seen this a lot in grad school
What are your thoughts?