FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

JerkPork

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
ill be tuning in next Tuesday, I don't watch much TV but this caught my attention. I was about to turn the TV after captain America. Glad I didn't.

I didn't know Donald graduated from Stephenson:ohhh:. We were probably there the same year.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Thoughts from an Atlanta boy.

A "Follies" reference was just made no less than 5 minutes into it. I'd like to humbly extend the middle finger to Drake and the FX channel for turning our modest den of iniquity into a sweltering tourist trap full with high rollers willing to pay more than $5 for lap dances. :mjcry:

J.R Crickets cameo! An institution. Probably the best scene from the first episode. :mjlol:

Glenwood. My Home base. :mjcry:

It's kinda annoying how they just rattle off Atlanta spots for authenticity, but whatever. :yeshrug:

Alright. The second episode DEFINITELY captured what it's like to spend a night in Rice Street (even though it was Dekalb), right down to the tranny hooker. Terrible flashbacks. 2nd episode is definitely the stronger of the two. :wow:

I can't front. I can't stand that nikka Donald Glover.. but the show is working so far.
:manny:

Glover from the East...I used to stay off Flat Shoals back in the day, but I ain't been to Glenwood in forever, maybe that's why I haven't recognized some of the scenes

The Southwest HS reference was my favorite moment from the show (shout out to SWD, but a breh went to Cedar Grove :salute:)