FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Stop being so likable:mjlol:

Dead ass my high school English teacher was exactly like that son took a poll in class how many us been beat by police and racially profiled by police

By the amount of hands being raised he just :snoop: behind his desk and a tear dropped down his face:dead:

A few weeks later he had us watching all them super cac teacher in the hood movies freedom writers to dangerous minds :laff:

No lie :smh: Hated that muhfukka

:deadmanny::laff: This got me weak IRL

Millions

Carolina Crook
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ruff Raleigh, North Carolina
Episode 6 established that Paper Boi and Van aren't really cool with each other.
Kinda sort of she slept with Earn for some reason tho guess cause he was a good sport up til that point and I think she was turned on by him standing up for his people

We seen paper boi got levels to him and can't judge a book by his cover even tho he scare ppl at atms he still got a good heart ...

Which is why it would've been dope if van cut Earn off and went in on ol girl

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Going at them blacks who pro black but marry white, and the whites who think they down and understand what it is to be black :leon:
Low key made me think of Nate Parker saying his wife has been reading up on the subject :pachaha:

Darius wouldve been a HIT with that crowd. They would've loved his randomness.

Paper Boi would've slapped someone :lolbron:

Would have made the episode even better. I was holding out hope that their car wouldn't start and he needed Darius to come pick him up.

Last edited:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea, despite his obnoxiousness, he genuinely meant well. He legit loved and was a fan of paper boi. And was impressed by Earn. Even Van was surprised how much he was a fan of dude. For a second, she looked at Earn like, "maybe he really is making something happen". And you could tell he knew his wife fukked up with what she said. Dude was down, but was just a try hard...

:dahell: No he didn't.

He made a "pilgrimage" to Africa to say sorry. That's not genuine. That's phony white guilt and cultural fetishism. Being a fan of Paperboi isn't "legit love." He just sees his music as a way to explore black ghetto life and hardships. It's another notch on his "I know things about black culture moreso than black people" belt. He's just staying updated.

He felt bad because his wife's rudeness was not only embarrassing but it cost him a chance at getting close to Ern and PB. You know he wanted to set up a meeting so he could school them on hip hop:mjlol:

He was real genuine telling an old black woman she's making her collard greens wrong:comeon:

You might need to watch the episode again and reassess your views:mjpls:

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
nikkas really think the white dude was genuine and felt sorry for him? :dahell:
whether he was genuine or not doesn't matter to me. White people like that annoy the fukk outta me on general principle.

Bro that nikka buggin b supposed to be other way round

I never done it in that way tho my side joint dropped me off at baby mama or wifey crib tho never other way around so son winning out chea

And he still bust them cheeks at the end
also we gotta remember Van and Earn aren't real couple and he was only going to this party to do her a solid. So I guess he didn't care either way. Impressive nonetheless tho lol