FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
breh, that exchange was not an indictment on black women. It was an indictment on Val.

Earn's struggles are not an indictment against Black men, its an indictment on Earn.

You can relate to stuff, but this show is not making social commentary with regards to the characters. shyt like the dude with mental illness getting arrested every week and then beaten down by the police is social commentary. The stuff around them shows that, but I doubt the Glover brothers and the writers are on a "black woman aint shyt" agenda like you want to believe.
But it is tho, you know how many young black male college graduates I hear or see black females call "aint shyt nikkas".

Its some real shyt, but thats my opinion:yeshrug:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
But it is tho, you know how many young black male college graduates I hear or see black females call "aint shyt nikkas".

Its some real shyt, but thats my opinion:yeshrug:
its not real in my world.

And on top of that, Earn isnt a college graduate so that doesnt relate to him.

It sounds like your agenda, not the shows.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA

Ok so your perception of the real world is different than mine:yeshrug: and you clearly not reading what I posted because I never said Earn was a college graduate, I clearly said the Lawyer breh.
I've seen it plenty a time to where young black females will say "that nikka aint shyt" but 1. she aint better her damn self and/or 2. lil man actually doin something with himself.
But aye, I actually hang with females:steviej:

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
The way her principal fired her had me like :patrice:

Like how she flipped it on her and made it like she was doing a favor to let her stay until Friday:wow:

"You good? Yeah you good!" *gives her a re assuring hold* :wow:

HR didnt teach her that move , thats that inner administrative essence. You know the principal seen a murder at school and was prolly the most calm and composed person:laugh:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY

Black men love white women cause theyre naturally submissive. Lol
Black
Latin
shyt, even asian women wont lay down and let you be a bumb on their watch :russ:

Muthafukkas hate strong women
Especially strong BLACK women! .
Brings that hidden bytch outa them REAL quick! :mjlol:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
This show needs to be an hour. It's too obvious.

That dinner / night out scene was so dope and real, but it ate up almost half of the episode.

One thing I'm waiting for is some kind of insertion of the black upper middle class into the mix. Things aren't that stratified between blacks in terms of social class in Atlanta so I was thinking Jayde was going to be the one- a lawyer, consultant, or something. Great build up to what she actually does, though.

I think they insinuated that Van and Jayde came from that background. "You used to talk about girls like that all the time."

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
Black men love white women cause theyre naturally submissive. Lol
Black
Latin
shyt, even asian women wont lay down and let you be a bumb on their watch :russ:

Muthafukkas hate strong women
Especially strong BLACK women! .
Brings that hidden bytch outa them REAL quick! :mjlol:
I think this narrative is false tbh, if a white woman is giving you love and bw aren't and you fall in love with her, then it is what it is.

That strong black women bs is so overplayed:dead: BW from back in the DAY when our grandparents and great grandparents were coming up were truly strong, mentally and physically.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I think this narrative is false tbh, if a white woman is giving you love and bw aren't and you fall in love with her, then it is what it is.

That strong black women bs is so overplayed:dead: BW from back in the DAY when our grandparents and great grandparents were coming up were truly strong, mentally and physically.
Ok

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

so you just chase non black women. Do you.

Just dont conflate your own agenda with the shows.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Anybody sleeping on this is a fool.

@MartyMcFly where you at?

Guess I'm a fool then:russ: I'm just not on the Donald glover bandwagon homie. I told @FlyRy that there has to be something intrinsic for me watch something or listen to something. And the court of public opinion isn't one of those things cause I've never really cared to do what everyone tells me I should do. It's probably a fatal flaw of mine but I'm a rebel about certain shyt. I don't give a fukk what's hot or what's not. I like what I like and I gravitate toward what I like.

I'm sure I'll catch this one day just have no desire to right now