FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
This episode could really be important in the grand scheme of things. 1.) Van losing her job 2.) Her homegirl clowning her for messing with Earn broke ass (Earn is on the come up, so good revenge plot) 3.) Showed how good of a chick Van is 4.) Van thinks Earn is cheating now, so she may look into that gold digger life.

Man this show has so many angles it's crazy. :wow:
she cant think that. SHe went out on a date and left slim with the baby.

If she does, that would be pretty disappointing. (in that its cliche)

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
wDmeIfBY.gif

This shyt saved the whole episode :mjlol:

Even had the :shaq:

Paperboi is one funny motherfukker and he was barely in the episode :pachaha:
Wait, I just Ovastood that Chalk Face kid FUKKERY:mjlol:

....when Van Called/Text Paperboi recklessly, tho:huhldup:

She finna get the GAWD's line tap:ufdup:

Last edited:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
The funniest individual sequence is still the man who robbed the little boy with absolutely no hesitation :mjlol:

Bruh was like this is too easy :russell:

Camera goes back to Asian guy who's filming the whole thing :heh:

Boy banging on the door "I know where you live!":russ:

PB just gets out the car and leaves :beli:

Andddddd scene :blessed:

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This show needs to be an hour. It's too obvious.

That dinner / night out scene was so dope and real, but it ate up almost half of the episode.

One thing I'm waiting for is some kind of insertion of the black upper middle class into the mix. Things aren't that stratified between blacks in terms of social class in Atlanta so I was thinking Jayde was going to be the one- a lawyer, consultant, or something. Great build up to what she actually does, though.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
This show needs to be an hour. It's too obvious.

That dinner / night out scene was so dope and real, but it ate up almost half of the episode.

One thing I'm waiting for is some kind of insertion of the black upper middle class into the mix. Things aren't that stratified between blacks in terms of social class in Atlanta so I was thinking Jayde was going to be the one- a lawyer, consultant, or something. Great build up to what she actually does, though.
But the lawyer was there tho:dwillhuh:

Van ass talkin "I am better than that" bs like she some kinda catch, when in reality she a broke ass teacher who smokes weed and has a kid, and dating a homeless bum.

In actuality, it highlighted the elevated sense of self worth these BW be having and how they always saying BM aint shyt when they REALLY not that much of a catch themselves.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But the lawyer was there tho:dwillhuh:

Van ass talkin "I am better than that" bs like she some kinda catch, when in reality she a broke ass teacher who smokes weed and has a kid, and dating a homeless bum.

In actuality, it highlighted the elevated sense of self worth these BW be having and how they always saying BM aint shyt when they REALLY not that much of a catch themselves.

I mean he was there but only momentarily and really had no dialogue.

And let's be real Van could be doing better than she is. Her choosing not to be an IG ho, and to not go to Paris or London, and to not drive a Benz- there is actually some value in that. There's no love in what Jayde is doing: it's strictly business.

Granted, even the best relationships are some mixture of both, but I found myself thinking about some of the women I've dated who could probably ho themselves out quite successfully like ::ehh: while watching the episode.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
I mean he was there but only momentarily and really had no dialogue.

And let's be real Van could be doing better than she is. Her choosing not to be an IG ho, and to not go to Paris or London, and to not drive a Benz- there is actually some value in that. There's no love in what Jayde is doing: it's strictly business.

Granted, even the best relationships are some mixture of both, but I found myself thinking about some of the women I've dated who could probably ho themselves out quite successfully like ::ehh: while watching the episode.
He had dialogue.
He tried to complement her.
She thought she was on a higher level than him.

Shoulda coulda woulda but she's not. But she apparently thinks she's better than a lawyer:camby:

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
holy shyt, that's not what it highlighted. :russ:
Kinda did tho....breh she literally said "I am better than THAT"

But if it was a white man and a white woman the WW wouldn't dare say she is better than a fukkin lawyer breh. A Lawyer !

One episode she telling Earn to have some class in a restaurant when it dealt with a WW, the next she disrespecting a black lawyer in a restaurant.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Kinda did tho....breh she literally said "I am better than THAT"

But if it was a white man and a white woman the WW wouldn't dare say she is better than a fukkin lawyer breh. A Lawyer !

One episode she telling Earn to have some class in a restaurant when it dealt with a WW, the next she disrespecting a black lawyer in a restaurant.
breh, that exchange was not an indictment on black women. It was an indictment on Val.

Earn's struggles are not an indictment against Black men, its an indictment on Earn.

You can relate to stuff, but this show is not making social commentary with regards to the characters. shyt like the dude with mental illness getting arrested every week and then beaten down by the police is social commentary. The stuff around them shows that, but I doubt the Glover brothers and the writers are on a "black woman aint shyt" agenda like you want to believe.