FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
That's cool breh but that's still making my point for me. There's nothing innate about it that makes me say "I need to watch this" and a group of people telling me to do something is never going to motivate me to do it. Like I said it's probably a fatal flaw but that's how I am.

I hate the way the line is read but I identify a whole hell of a lot with the main character from rogue one when she says "I rebel"

We not saying watch it just for the hell of it.

We're saying watch it because you supposed to be the King of the Film Room, which means you have a moral and ethical obligation to at least check out one episode of this black excellence :ufdup:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
We not saying watch it just for the hell of it.

We're saying watch it because you supposed to be the King of the Film Room, which means you have a moral and ethical obligation to at least check out one episode of this black excellence :ufdup:

Hm. Hm. Hm again. :jbhmm:

Funny enough my man here makes the strongest argument. May have to do it now lol

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I dug this episode.
Van centric episode is fine by me.
The same cats complaining about Insecure's male characters can't get upset when we have an episode concentrating on Atlanta's main female character.
She's bad as shyt too. Her with that wild fro in the school? :noah:
Paper boy, gay as fukk. Done with the show, fukk you Gambino.

giphy.gif

Am I missing something on yall calling PaperBoi gay from these two videos?
If you look at this clip, it seems like he and Van (the actor) are together.
They're hugged up and holding hands.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
I dug this episode.
The same cats complaining about Insecure's male characters can't get upset when we have an episode concentrating on Atlanta's main female character.

She married to a cac, she hugged on the nikka because he's the gay bff. Don't matter though. Show is great, don't really care if he is or isn't gay.

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
She doesn't know how badly she needs that money yet. I mean, I bet she never thought she'd be straining diapers for baby piss either

:francis:

She already lied to AL about the drug test over text, so she seems like the type to keep being fired a secret. The show has already explored dark themes so IDK, Van might consider giving rides around the A for $180 an hour

:dame:
:lupe: I need parts

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I dug this episode.

Nah breh

Van is married to a Cac in real life.

That body language between them is "girl and gay best friend" type steeze:huhldup:

I pray I'm wrong though. It won't stop my enjoyment of the show overall.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
That's cool breh but that's still making my point for me. There's nothing innate about it that makes me say "I need to watch this" and a group of people telling me to do something is never going to motivate me to do it. Like I said it's probably a fatal flaw but that's how I am.

I hate the way the line is read but I identify a whole hell of a lot with the main character from rogue one when she says "I rebel"
Breh. The show is amazing. Watch it.

You're pouring jelly on Ya self.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WHAT? Proof?
She's bi racial, I might've posted pics of her white grandparents she put on her Instagram.

You don't know what the athlete told his friend:camby:
So you don't think a dude meeting one of his hoes didn't tell his friend that they were meeting one of his hoes and the friend she brought for him:stopitslime:

MIKE SPLEAN

Superstar
Daps
Nah breh

Van is married to a Cac in real life.

That body language between them is "girl and gay best friend" type steeze:huhldup:

I pray I'm wrong though. It won't stop my enjoyment of the show overall.
He's not gay he comes from a drama theatre background. I think he went to Yale. He's just very "flamboyant".

Daps
The Bieber episode last week was genius, this episode felt more like a filler. My question is we are more than a couple episodes in and I have no idea what this show is about. Is it suppose to be about being black in Atlanta?