wpB2iyQS.gif

:russ:

:deadmanny:

Daps
You were probably someone i choked out after class

I couldnt stand loud mouth attention seeking ass clowns in school

Had a kid call one of our teachers a bytch in middle school
Me and my homeboy stomped the shyt out his ass in the hallway
Nah, it was mostly funny all around so most staff and students never seemed to irritated. Id sooner skip than just go for attention lol.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I really liked the pace of this episode. Personaly enjoyed it more than last week's.

I don't get why you guys are irritated about the lack of Earn and Paperboy. :jbhmm: I actualy liked that the focus was based entirely around black women in this episode.

I also think certain type of viewers would be mad if this show was just all black males and one black mother on screen all the time, and would complain how this show is "too male centric" and "lacks third dimensional black female characters"

. And this episode helped fend off that future and inevitable criticism.

Yup. She was reckless enough to not know she had a drug test and got fired from her job.

Just like I predicted, we would see Van's flaws in this ep.

Admittedly, I didn't predict she would actually end up fired. I thought it would go the cliche route and have her still taking a win at the end .That shyt was :pachaha:

Van or any of the audience can no longer shyt on Earl.

I like this dichotomy too. How many people look at Earn (or the men in these situations) and blame him subconsciously for getting Van pregnant. We're learning that Van is just as destructive and irresponsible...

Now that I think about it, Earn in a sense knows Van is full of shyt too. That episode where she was shytting on him for the cliche dream of wanting to be a rap manager and he threw her dream of "owning a boutique" back in her face.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
I def felt this ep more than the black beiber one... imo they highlighted on the pettiness/jealousy and non existing competition that black women seem to have between each other even when they claim to be "friends".....neither one had the right to look down on the others lifestyle during that conversation but they do....especially in a world that shyts on black women regardless of their positions in life..... It was a dope convo between Van and Jayde.....

I'm still trying to decipher the point of the kid in whiteface... Gambino be givin some subliminals that go deeper than just for laughs.... :jbhmm:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's a character driven show so it's cool that every one of the main characters get their time for the show to develop them. I thought it was another good episode. I wonder if she's going to be down with what Earn is doing now that she just lost her job...

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
I like this dichotomy too. How many people look at Earn (or the men in these situations) and blame him subconsciously for getting Van pregnant. We're learning that Van is just as destructive and irresponsible...

Now that I think about it, Earn in a sense knows Van is full of shyt too. That episode where she was shytting on him for the cliche dream of wanting to be a rap manager and he threw her dream of "owning a boutique" back in her face.

Yeah it's too easy and cliche to put all the blame on Earn (or the irresponsible baby father archetype he portrays). That takes no effort. But when we see that these 2 are just human beings as flawed as anyone else, that nuanced dichotomy shines through.

I forgot about that boutique thing. Yeah it's funny no one picked up on that.

Van tells Earn his dream is pointless and irresponsible, but she wants to own a boutique (for what) and believes her dream is more legitimate than his.

I wonder if she's going to be down with what Earn is doing now that she just lost her job...

She has no choice. Her self-righteousness is going right out the window because now she really needs to survive.

I assume everyone is going to be behind and really pushing for Papeboi's rap career.