FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
dE43NLE.jpg

:russ: Breh I'm so :pumperdead:. Then I looked again and I'm :pumperdead3:again. :mjlol:
I love this show so much. All the black writers are on some genius shyt. :ohlawd: Vanessa basically spill out everything just like the condom that broke in her mouth and clothes. :mjlol: This whole episode perfectly represented Vanessa's friend thot life in less than 30 mins and Vanessa literally got a taste of it in less than 24 hours.:huhldup: :francis:

So basically, I feel like the face is a meme and life or karma is that meme. It might mean something different. What ya'll think?
"U turn in homework, U get better grades"
fs4iehCF.png
"You make better choices, you get better results." The message brehs.:cmonson2:

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Van would have been better off just pissing dirty but given the situation I can see why she would have thought it was super serious for her.
Its gonna be hard for her to get another teaching job but then maybe it won't be
Earn can't be laying around doing nothing anymore. Neither of them have any form of substantial income now.
Yeah when all else fails just give them the piss. There's so many variables that you're better off than straight up confessing. I know people than have passed tests with the literal :wtf: face with no idea how they got by dirty as sh!t.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Yeah when all else fails just give them the piss. There's so many variables that you're better off than straight up confessing. I know people than have passed tests with the literal :wtf: face with no idea how they got by dirty as sh!t.

That's what I told my friend who I was watching it with. At the very worst she could have bought herself two more weeks of employment

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
I really liked the pace of this episode. Personaly enjoyed it more than last week's.

I don't get why you guys are irritated about the lack of Earn and Paperboy. :jbhmm: I actualy liked that the focus was based entirely around black women in this episode.

I also think certain type of viewers would be mad if this show was just all black males and one black mother on screen all the time, and would complain how this show is "too male centric" and "lacks third dimensional black female characters"

. And this episode helped fend off that future and inevitable criticism.

She can no longer question Earn about anything from here on out

Yup. She was reckless enough to not know she had a drug test and got fired from her job.

Just like I predicted, we would see Van's flaws in this ep.

Admittedly, I didn't predict she would actually end up fired. I thought it would go the cliche route and have her still taking a win at the end .That shyt was :pachaha:

Van or any of the audience can no longer shyt on Earl.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Ikr. Reminded me of myself in school. Random clowning with no regard for the teacher's sanity.
You were probably someone i choked out after class

I couldnt stand loud mouth attention seeking ass clowns in school

Had a kid call one of our teachers a bytch in middle school
Me and my homeboy stomped the shyt out his ass in the hallway

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont think the kid in white face is random. The character is there to draw a simile to Van(since the episode is about her). It's a joke on van for telling on herself :russ: She's always going on about how Earn is always fukking and what does she do? Smoke the night before a drug test :heh: then she proceeds to tell on herself

it's a silent gag(from Earn's Point of view) on the whole situation.

That might be possible if he wasn't in the other teacher's class doing the same thing.

We're all talking about how the IG thot's life really ain't shyt

Also made me think of the Episode 3 when Quavo said, "Trappin boring as fukk"

Wonder if this is another overlaying theme on the show about how things we tend to glamorize are overrated

I just read an interview with Donald about Atlanta where he said the exact same thing about how being a rapper/famous is boring.

I actually liked the episode a lot. We didn't know much about Van and the conversation with her homegirl was enlightening. She's just a regular girl who fell for a regular guy like Earn. Women always say they want a guy who makes them laugh (:duck:) but she means it. If you noticed when she showed Van the vacation pics she was all in the shots. You couldn't even see the Parisian landmarks she was posing in front of:heh:. When those two guys came to the table she wasn't with it at all. She had an opportunity to upgrade to a lawyer and chose a broke, homeless breh:wow:. It's not just because they have a kid either. Van's a real one and Earn might have to marry her GMB be damned:mjcry:

This seemed like a "we gotta stay under budget" episode. The actor who plays Darius was away filming something else. Donald was busy. "fukk it, lets have Van and her friend sit in a restaurant for 14 minutes:manny:." It was still well written and I enjoyed it.

They need that puppy money now:damn:

Edub

Veteran
Daps

That's what I told my friend who I was watching it with. At the very worst she could have bought herself two more weeks of employment

Brehs ....her foolishness in this episode had me:martin:as fukk....first off.....you don't bring a pair of scissors to cut the condom:what:....then you don't even give a damn sample:wtb:...I have been thru all types of drug tests...THEY NEVER TEST EVERY SAMPLE IF THEY EVEN TEST ANY AT ALL....think somebody really sittin there loadin up 250+ piss samples:snoop:.....plus she not even a smoker...one b the night before won't show shyt....and she skinny and frail, she probably sweated that shyt out in the sheets while sleeping the night before :childplease:.....and then she admit the shyt:heh:......my frustration levels were at:pacspit:

Word to the wise - synthetic piss is sold openly, especially in college locals and most smoke shops....and if it's a staff wide test just give the sample and rolls the dice, cuz it's 90% chance they ain't checkin. Just had to vent:snoop:

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland

Exactly, I have a friend who works in HR and she said NEVER tell an employer you won't pass a piss test. She said sometimes if a candidate who they really like and is qualified has a dirty test they will still push them through

Only for Marijuana though :whoa:

She said they can't give them a pass for that hard shyt

Millions

Carolina Crook
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ruff Raleigh, North Carolina
-Van is nasty :scust: cooking up diapers :scust: biting urine filled condoms :scust::scust:
-when Van asked him for an eighth, he typed that respond too damn fast :dead:
-this show definitely give you a little bit of that seinfeld vibe...a show about nothing. Ern and Van like Jerry and Elaine but with a daughter.
Seinfeld :scust::camby: