FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
I dont think the kid in white face is random. The character is there to draw a simile to Van(since the episode is about her). It's a joke on van for telling on herself :russ: She's always going on about how Earn is always fukking and what does she do? Smoke the night before a drug test :heh: then she proceeds to tell on herself

it's a silent gag(from Earn's Point of view) on the whole situation.

Last edited:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Dont feel like going back where my DVR at, how yall aint got a link ready to go:martin:

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
Van has her flaws but she won't sell out for money :wow::salute:

She doesn't know how badly she needs that money yet. I mean, I bet she never thought she'd be straining diapers for baby piss either

:francis:

She already lied to AL about the drug test over text, so she seems like the type to keep being fired a secret. The show has already explored dark themes so IDK, Van might consider giving rides around the A for $180 an hour

:dame:

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I found this episode really funny, off the strength of the kid in white face alone :mjlol:. The way he got the teacher upset with messing with her and Van noticed him at the end while he had the :troll:expression was priceless.

So Van would have been safe if she hadn't confessed to the principal :francis:. Earn better start living up to his name if his daughter is going to eat.

That diaper chemistry that Van was doing :scust:

I actually like the fact that with each episode of the show, you don't really know what to expect. The conversation with Van and her friend rang true, just meeting up with somebody you grew up with and being in totally different places. When the IG thot tried to clown on someone else

IG Thot: You see Lisa? it looked like her face had been raked over

Van: Facebook said she was in a car accident :patrice:

IG Thot: :dame:

Nobody needs Paper Boi, till everyone needs Paper Boi :wow:

I bet Darius would have knew where to get some clean urine on short notice :lupe:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
i liked the ep....ig thot was just sad tho :smh: broads really think gettin passed around the league is better than doing their own thing. I could see if these niccas puttin u thru school or something but u just hopping on dikks :dahell: bytch had the nerve to say "i provide a service" :scusthov:....i still cant get over this broad biting the part of the condom with the piss in it tho. Why wouldnt u bite the part where u tied it :dwillhuh: and completely forgetting u got a drug test is just beyond stupid :dame:....the randomness of the kid in whiteface was :whoa: and :merchant: all rolled up in one. Paperboi took his 3min and ran with that shyt tho :pachaha:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
That friend wasn't bad enough to pull off being a nba/nfl thottie :mjpls:
I could see if she had one, but a whole roster :rudy:

Stop it. Yea she was. Besides, once you get one, you're basically in. All them nikkas share girls. All they gotta do is here how dope she is from one teammate. Plus she emphasized how they get culture out of her etc.

I think my favorite part of the episode was the writing. Despite the fact that it wasn't the funniest, I was still pretty engaged. I spent the whole dinner scene wondering what Jade did for a living. And they knew that we would wonder. And let it linger. As if we were watching a natural conversation between long time friends. GREAT writing.

I also loved the subtle suspense of the condomn in the bathroom. We just knew that shyt was gonna pop but we were rooting for her not to fukk it up anyway. Brilliant shyt man. If this is the WORST the show has to offer, we're really in for a treat.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
It's not a filler episode because Van just lost her job and she was the one bringing in a steady stream of income for the family.

It's not filler for the fact that the plot was advanced, but I feel everything that transpired with Van could've progressed in the first act or at least spread out over the entire episode. The conversation in the restaurant was WAYYYY too long.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Van would have been better off just pissing dirty but given the situation I can see why she would have thought it was super serious for her.
Its gonna be hard for her to get another teaching job but then maybe it won't be
Earn can't be laying around doing nothing anymore. Neither of them have any form of substantial income now.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
That dude in whiteface:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

And are we that desensitized and just gonna ignore the fact that Atlanta dropped the word fukk atleast 20 times this ep?

FX really changing the cable tv game.

AMC prolly like:patrice:

Gotta be like :snoop: by not letting Rick say one if his most famous lines or editing the "fukk" out of Breakin Bad

:beli:

Y'all keep being :krs: about the language when this is the network that brought you It's Always Sunny :pachaha: