FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

John Hull

You can’t see me!
Daps
Reppin
Studio gangstas
I like this show for what it is... it moves kind of slow, which is the point I guess. :jbhmm:

Glover is doing for black comedy what a lot of white shows get away with, and that's being quirky but not necessarily funny. Just offering up humorous scenarios that make you think as opposed to going for the obvious joke.

A few things I liked off top:

• His girl bussin that feminist logic at him to get him to tip
  • The whole pawn shop journey and the Steve Mcqueen discussion, good shyt
  • Him screamin on the waittress to stop upselling him
  • That long winding drive out to the woods to meet the plug, no telling how many bodies is out there
  • the blogger pointing out that there have already been a gang of rappers called Paper Boi.
  • the blogger with the extra hat on deck:laff:
I'm glad it got renewed I have high hopes for Donald Glover to succeed we need shyt like this right now.:ehh:

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brillant show, getting highest praises everywhere (check out metacritic and rottentomatoes)

If you never watched Community (feat.Donald Glover), binge it asap. Absolutely mindblowing shyt too

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Is it just me or was that scene with the Migos shootin ole boy in the back in the woods extremely distasteful? :patrice:
what do you mean distasteful? I just felt it conveyed that paperboy was messing with some very dangerous fellows. Don't really see how it's distasteful, sounds like something an old cac lady would say, breh.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
my taste brother strikes again :obama:

I think we've only differed in taste once because I don't like Alien(s) as much as you. lol
Hold up, we have to clear something up. Are you saying you don't like Aliens as much as me, or are you also saying you don't like the original "Alien" as much as me either? Cuz if you're telling me you don't dig Alien on an extremely high level I may have to start questioning the entire basis of our friendship.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Hold up, we have to clear something up. Are you saying you don't like Aliens as much as me, or are you also saying you don't like the original "Alien" as much as me either? Cuz if you're telling me you don't dig Alien on an extremely high level I may have to start questioning the entire basis of our friendship.
Both of em. I like them but i consider them more horror than sci fi and I'm more of a sci fi head