FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?

7f50313a-6d7c-9e33-cddd-3bbcc9360d95.jpg

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Why didn't Darius just tell Earn his plan would pay off in September back at the Pawn shop or in the car? His intentions seem to be in the right place but that was a bit of dikk move. He knew Earn need the money ASAP, they left Alfred's House soley to go to the pawn shop. The whole thing seemed to bring them togther so the day wasn't a complete loss. This episode was good but my least favorite of the 4.

Last edited:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Why didn't Darius just tell Earn his plan would pay off in September back at the Pawn shop or in the car? His intentions seem to be in the right place but that was a bit of dikk move. He knew Earn need the money ASAP, they left Alfred's House soley to go to the pawn shop. The whole thing seemed to bring them togther so the day wasn't a complete loss. This is episode was good but my least favorite of the 4.
Here told him if he needed the money now, he should just pawn the phone. Once Earn heard "more" he didn't care about anything else. Granted, Darius still felt bad hence him giving him his phone.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Earn isn't looking at the big picture at all. Darius really hooked his ass up. Especially with each pup is 2K a piece. You know how many puppies are in a litter on average? Earn HAS a job and could work for get another and better paying job if he wants to. He only wants the money because of some FALSE moral responsibility he believes can win back his girl and continue to freeload off of her. Earn is the definition of ruined potential. He maybe intelligent, but he's LAZY as fukk and rather use others than earn his himself, which it sorta a bit of irony that his name is "Earn".

:what: I strongly disagree with this assessment.

He's not lazy he's unmotivated. He's not looking for a job he's trying to find his passion. Once he found out about Paperboy you can see how he found direction. He doesn't want to be at his bullshyt job, probably didn't want to be at Princeton, but he does want to be in the music industry. It's not just a come up financially it's what he knows he can be good at.

How can you say he's using other people when he went to the radio station and put his own money up to get the record played? He did that after PB told him to kick rocks. He's sacrificing what little he has to put them on.

Him not understanding what Darius did isn't a surprise because he's not a hustler. He traded in the phone for immediate money. That wasn't money for the music side it was for his girl and daughter which is not "false moral responsibility." He can't tell her to wait a couple of months until he flips some puppies. Darius didn't understand that since him and PB don't have kids.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
In what way? I don't see the correlation.

It's like going from watching Breaking Bad to CSI... the jokes are more obvious, storyline more predictable etc... it's not a knock on Blackish at all cause it's serves its purpose, network sitcom can't be deep and dark etc, just more of a testament to the fact that we've never gotten this type of show (Atlanta) for us before.

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Here told him if he needed the money now, he should just pawn the phone. Once Earn heard "more" he didn't care about anything else. Granted, Darius still felt bad hence him giving him his phone.
All I'm saying is Darius could have mentioned they wouldn't get the money until Setpember right there at the pawn shop. He never implied the money would come months away. He knew Earn needed the money now cuz that's the whole reason they're in the pawn shop plus the main thing everyone knows about Earn is that he's BROKE. It's not like Earn cut him off before he made that clear or anything. He simply never mentioned that vital piece of information until they gave the dog to the breeder. Had Earn not got upset would he have ever explained the rest of his plan?

That's part the reason Darius felt bad and gave up his phone to trade in. Earn is definitely at fault here as well for not asking more questions.

good review of this weeks episode.

Last edited:

Cheech&Chong

rip chinx
Daps
Reppin
All I'm saying is Darius could have mentioned they wouldn't get the money until Setpember right there at the pawn shop. He never implied the money would come months away. He knew Earn needed the money now cuz that's the whole reason they're in the pawn shop plus the main thing everyone knows about Earn is that he's BROKE. It's not like Earn cut him off before he made that clear or anything. He simply never mentioned that vital piece of information until they gave the dog to the breeder. Had Earn not got upset would he have ever explained the rest of his plan?

That's part the reason Darius felt bad and gave up his phone to trade in. Earn is definitely at fault here for not asking more questions.

good review of this weeks episode.

You think darius knew he was gonna get a dog for the sword? Seems to me he saw another trade up AFTER he brought the sword to dude