FX’s Class of ’09 limited series (Starring Brian Tyree Henry and Kate Mara)

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not prestige TV.

It's on the level of say The Peripheral, second season of Altered Carbon. If you like this type of thing, it's good. If not, I'd skip. There's so much good tv, movies, music, video games (and books, manga, comic books, anime) out there, that there's no point in dealing with stuff that's only mid
Yeah, me and my girl are watching but it's nothing special. We'll see how they stick the landing.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I wonder who was in the writer's room for this episode. Cause Paperboi brought a lil something extra when talking to computer vato.
I'd like to see how many white drug dealers/drug rings were brought down as a result of "blind" law enforcement.... lol

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Just finished Ep. 2

On episode 2 now, so far so good,

And this is how I feel I suppose. Had high expectations cuz it's FX and the cast, and I haven't been letdown yet, but I haven't been wowed or captivated yet either besides a scene or two. Paperboi doing his thing even though future him seem like a dikkhead:ehh:

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Just finished Ep. 2

And this is how I feel I suppose. Had high expectations cuz it's FX and the cast, and I haven't been letdown yet, but I haven't been wowed or captivated yet either besides a scene or two. Paperboi doing his thing even though future him seem like a dikkhead:ehh:
Yeah, it’s disappointing to have a great cast and the direction is mid af, but I’m just enjoying it

RawDogBandit

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis/ATL
Yea I need to know how they’re going to stick this landing

This black man is in a peculiar situation. Head of the FBI and AI(seemingly) :lupe:

I think he’s trying to figure out how stop it. But it had me thinking, how do you stop a AI who believes everything it is doing is right?

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Yea I need to know how they’re going to stick this landing

This black man is in a peculiar situation. Head of the FBI and AI(seemingly) :lupe:

I think he’s trying to figure out how stop it. But it had me thinking, how do you stop a AI who believes everything it is doing is right?

The Black angle is very weird here.

1) MLK House Tour
2) Wifed up a Civil Rights Lawyer
3) He gets Mexican Elon Musk to help him with the project, on the idea that Law Enforcement always focuses on Black and Brown people.

But the rest of the show....doesn't really address those ideas at all...

If the AI puts the eye on the real criminals in this country - i.e. white people because there are more of them - and takes foot off the neck of the melanated...that's a story I don't expect from Hollywood, much less Fox.

StackorStarve

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Solid show. Good cast and they manage the three different time lines really well. I usually hate shows with constant flashbacks but they did it right on this one. Like another poster said I want to see how they close it out.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Minor Spoiler

You know how I was saying above that this Fox Network TV show wouldn't address (and essentially advocate) for NON-RACE biased policing?

I was wrong. Happily so.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Was looking this up and found a movie called "Class of 1999" that is on Tubi. Made in 1990 and has Pam Grier and random cacs as cyborg teachers in a high crime highschool :mjlol:
This one is the second movie in a series and actually came out in theaters. And it has a sequel with Sasha Mitchell.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Really enjoyed this episode, now it’s starting to pick up and the 3 timelines are coming together. We get more into The System/AI and the future TL showing some of the dangers of making AI too powerful and more on Poet and Tayo stories
I thinks only 2 more episodes so hopefully they nail it cause I like where they are going

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Damn. They got broadie up out of here. You tryna tell me the best the future can offer to do a quick transfer of files/data is still a thumbstick drive my nicca? Breh couldn't just wave his fingers or phones and have it immediately Bluetooth transferred to someone :dahell:

AI software ain't being monitored to see what's being deleted :dahell:

They ain't see bro in the backseat tryna get out not driving signifying that's something else or somebody done took over his shyt? :dahell: