FX’s Class of ’09 limited series (Starring Brian Tyree Henry and Kate Mara)

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
95a96534-52c7-4168-a6b7-e2af766ed6cf
This had some good people. Whatever happened to Eugene?

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Not sure what I was expecting but this was pretty good. The last episode was a little cringy and rushed tho. Them shooting at the drones like they was playing laser tag :mjlol: overall good though, would have been really something on HBO but good for FX

Just watched all the available episodes today. Pretty good..the farm scene caught me off guard :damn:.

My wife and I were saying the same thing though. Who gonna try to attack fbi headquarters? shyt was too easy :comeon: the cgi of the building looked terrible lol.
I forgot about that. That was cringe too. Damn is VFX really fukked up across all media :dead:

Edit: damn reading all the posts about the unfinished storylines, plot holes, dumb decisions :mjlol: ok so it may actually be more mid, but it was an enjoyable mid. Concept was admirable, with spots of good performances like BTH as mentioned, but if you want a groundbreaking show in all aspects this isn’t it. Again, overall entertaining though

Last edited:

cheapshot

Pro
Daps
Show was ok. I expected more than a run-of-the-mill computers gone crazy plot.

What happened to that girl's eye though? I remember her fighting the truck driver, but I must have missed the whole eye explanation scene.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Show was ok. I expected more than a run-of-the-mill computers gone crazy plot.

What happened to that girl's eye though? I remember her fighting the truck driver, but I must have missed the whole eye explanation scene.
Probably from the building collapse

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Not sure what I was expecting but this was pretty good. The last episode was a little cringy and rushed tho.

Yeah did had trouble wrapping it up but I enjoyed the ride. There were some clunky things along the way, like the 5th guy in their group that was heavily in the 1st episode then disappeared for most of the season. When he showed up at the end I knew he was gonna die.

Also, it was kinda dumb that this predictive technology couldn't guess that 4 former agents were plotting to shut it down. :mjlol:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Was this script written by ChatGPT too?

The ending resolution was so convenient and rushed. The overall premise made sense tho, but this needed more polish to make everything work. Level of detail was lacking for a sci-fi drama. In a complete hyper surveillance society like this, a lot of how they were moving made 0 sense. They show the authorities literally taking over cars and auto-driving people yet, all of the main characters just investigating everything in traceable vehicles??? Poet gets that card from Garza before he gets shot up by the feds and she pulls up to his place like it's nothing to see what's on it.

Funniest shyt was how they came up with the 'EMP the server' plan over a cup of coffee at a diner, then the next scene is these old mfers going through the woods and actually infiltrating the most advanced government technology system ever.

Nobody onsite to protect it, just drones. People show up after they go in the bunker and reset everything tho.

:ehh:

I also hated the titles they used to show the time frame the characters were in (Past, Present Future). I swear those can be found for free on YouTube for your video editing software. They used them the entire season too.

It was cool, nothing special. The Mrs and I binged it over 2 days.

Last edited:

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Tried watching the first ep and it was starting off cool with the FBI stuff but then it started devolving into typical high school white girl relationship bullshyt. I feel tricked :francis:

Rare FX L

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Man I thought niccas was playin bout this goof ass finale and this half off plan but this shyt took the cake :dead:

These niccas rolled up wit the EMP, unchallenged, and just deaded that shyt. Why wouldn't a bunch of revolutionary hacker type ass niccas just done that in the first place then :laff:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These niccas rolled up wit the EMP, unchallenged, and just deaded that shyt. Why wouldn't a bunch of revolutionary hacker type ass niccas just done that in the first place then :laff:
shyt would’ve been some stuff Elliot talked about F Society doing while describing some bigger shyt they’re working on.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Man I thought niccas was playin bout this goof ass finale and this half off plan but this shyt took the cake :dead:

:russ:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Faced no type of punishment or backlash, main chick ended up teaching the next generation.