FX & Donald Glover present Atlanta Season 2: Atlanta Robbin' Season

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also, episode 3 in season 1 might be the best episode. When Earn's counting up the money he's spending while he's on the date with Van. When he goes to he bartender to see what the tally is so far -- and he says "Wow, you broke as fukk my nikka" :mjlol::francis::mjcry: Real nikkas who've been in that situation can relate :mjcry:

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Is the gator cool with you?

giphy.gif

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Man, Katt Williams was really great in this episode.

"...and if you don't want to end up like me, get rid of that chip on your shoulder shyt. It's not worth the time."

That shyt had me :francis: I felt like that was one of my uncles talking to me. It was real. That’s why we need more black tv. I can’t relate to these cacs shows like this.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The Alligator man:wow:

That would definitely be his name in the hood as far as the kids are concerned. This is why black folks from the culture must be the ones who create our content, realism:wow:
interesting take considering Donald Glover is often labeled not of the culture to put it politely.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
After watching this episode again, this shyt is dark as hell :demonic:.

I think the first time I watched it, I was just hyped cuz it was back :krs:.

But now rewatching it:lupe:, this shyt is eerie.

No one knows why Darius and Al have beef at the top of the episode. Who are Uncle Jarvis and Damon, and what did Willy do to Earn’s mom that’s left him carrying a grudge? Will the youngins in the opening robbery be relevant down the road?

And now I kinda get why Earn’s parents don’t fukk with him like that, cuz he’s a younger version of Willy.

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
After watching this episode again, this shyt is dark as hell :demonic:.

I think the first time I watched it, I was just hyped cuz it was back :krs:.

But now rewatching it:lupe:, this shyt is eerie.

No one knows why Darius and Al have beef at the top of the episode. Who are Uncle Jarvis and Damon, and what did Willy do to Earn’s mom that’s left him carrying a grudge? Will the youngins in the opening robbery be relevant down the road?

And now I kinda get why Earn’s parents don’t fukk with him like that, cuz he’s a younger version of Willy.

Damn the way you worded it :picard::mjgrin::mjcry:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But Donald Glover is from Stone Mountain, and not even the hood-ish areas of Stone Mountain.

Not pointed at you. But who cares where Glover grew up? He's a proud black man, making great content, and supporting the black community. We should all support him. I was sleeping on Atlanta. Glad I got caught up. Great show.