FX & Donald Glover present Atlanta Season 2: Atlanta Robbin' Season

NelsonSwagdela

All Star
Daps
Glover said. “O.K., take ‘The Race,’ by Tay-K. Play that fukk right now, if you got it.” As Cornelius searched Spotify, Glover explained, “Tay-K was sixteen and on the run for murder when he made this song. It’s a real Jesse James story.” He pulled up Tay-K’s photo on his phone as “The Race” began to boom. Glover said, “Look at this kid! He’s a baby! He never had a chance! Y’all are forgetting what rap is. Rap is ‘I don’t care what you think in society, wagging your finger at me for calling women “bytches”—when, for you to have two cars, I have to live in the projects.’ ”

That first scene was genius because the song playing “The Race” by Tay-K was written by a 17 year old who tried to do a home robbery and is now facing capital murder charges in Texas, while the kids in the show tried to do a simple food robbery/drug robbery and almost lost their lives because of it. Essentially the kids in Atlanta are TV enactments of Tay-K and robbing season in general. Also Tay-K is from the South so his problems can mirror those faced by kids in Atlanta. Either way it was a genius song choice highlighting the subtle genius of the show’s music selection and writing.

Donald a real one.

Last edited:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
another 1

giphy.gif

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Katt played the mentally unstabled uncle to perfection....showing off his acting chops :wow:.

That opening scene was crazy....diffidently wasn't expecting that :ohhh:
I wonder what tension between paper boi and Darius brewed from but they seemed cool towards the end of the EP. :ehh:

:russ: @ the random nikka coming out the back laughing at Earn for having that gun.
But in seriousness I relate to Earn so much...I too can be hard headed at times and have too much pride which hurt me alot.:mjcry:

Man, I love this show....glad its back :wow: