FX & Donald Glover present Atlanta Season 2: Atlanta Robbin' Season

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
this was a great opener

seinfeld style that they did a time jump and skip paper boy trial and sentencing which normally would be the story arc for a second season

people kind of obsess over the little Easter egg style moments on this show and theres never a pay off

A Golden Gun like Golden eye N64 seems like it will be a big set piece on another show

but here what donald did with it when they said cut

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really want to know what was up with Al and Darius tho :jbhmm:

When Al asked Darius if he wanted to hit the weed and passed him the joint :mjcry:

Absolute gold in that episode. That shyt felt so real to me and any bruh who has nikkas you smoke wit and when you beefin and ya boy still ask you if you want to hit the weed :mjcry: yeah bruh I do, thanks :mjcry:
Usually after that you all cool and laughin :mjcry:

Show is so damn good. Too real for TV :ohlawd:

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
:ohhh:. Katt Williams was great in this episode.

He should definitely get an Emmy nomination.

Underrated actor. Always type cast for funny roles due to his energy on stage but the way he drops gems in interviews always assured me that dude is a deep thinker and well worthy or more serious roles.

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Underrated actor. Always type cast for funny roles due to his energy on stage but the way he drops gems in interviews always assured me that dude is a deep thinker and well worthy or more serious roles.

I hope Hollywood sees that and casts Katt in more serious roles

He told Donald that he better get an Emmy off this role that he wrote for him and if he's sticking around for the season and acting like that, he just might get it.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
The shot of Darius on top of the car Meditating

Gambino and Darius about to enter the house

and kat Williams running for his life

are so beautiful

its like Godard or kurosawa

this is high end movie level stuff
Murai has a music video background. He has that eye for beautiful shots. Combine that with the Glover Bros. incredible control on story and dialogue and you get something that feels super special. Sometimes this show looks like what a Hype Williams movie with a strong narrative would be.

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
Katt played the mentally unstabled uncle to perfection....showing off his acting chops :wow:.

That opening scene was crazy....diffidently wasn't expecting that :ohhh:
I wonder what tension between paper boi and Darius brewed from but they seemed cool towards the end of the EP. :ehh:

:russ: @ the random nikka coming out the back laughing at Earn for having that gun.
But in seriousness I relate to Earn so much...I too can be hard headed at times and have too much pride which hurt me alot.:mjcry:

Man, I love this show....glad its back :wow:

I like that they never explained what Paperboi and Darius were tight about and I doubt they will. Some shyt about your friends you just don't know and never find out because it's between them and it doesn't concern you:manny:

Excellent writing.