TTLGivD.gif
TTLGivD.gif
TTLGivD.gif
I shouldn’t laugh but goddamn:mjlol:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
so i just woke up. i think imma needa rewatch the episode having read tweets. i think some on twitter might think it's deeper than it really was. remember it's donald glover making this shyt, although the fact that it's that open for interpretation says a lot about the episode as a whole and just mike period i guess.
I agree it’s not as deep as it’s being made out to be. It’s clearly “dueling”/dual Michael Jackson characters, showing the pros and cons of his life and upbringing. You can throw in whatever commentary of art/fame is pain, etc. it’s all tied together.

The acting and directing carried the story and writing imo.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I was confused and still am, at first thought watching the episode I thought Teddy somehow dressed himself to play Bennie in the wheelchair to get Darius to go up to the attic and then Teddy was gonna kill Darius up there.
They're the same person just representing the duality of MJ's personality, a musical genius and a tortured soul

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was confused and still am, at first thought watching the episode I thought Teddy somehow dressed himself to play Bennie in the wheelchair to get Darius to go up to the attic and then Teddy was gonna kill Darius up there.

Benny and Teddy were literal metaphors to Michael Jackson's duality. One was trying to kill off the other so they can be liberated from the torment.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I wonder why he chose Stevie's Music On My Mind album as the backdrop for this episode:jbhmm:?

played evil at the end, Darius was listening to 'Sweet Little Girl' ( i think) in the truck.

they also talked about him being blind.

this was too deep:whoo: