FX & Donald Glover present Atlanta Season 2: Atlanta Robbin' Season

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Look at how pissed he got when Darius said "I understand" and yelled at him.

Seriously how often do we put up fronts to get acceptance? Then when people believe those fronts, do we really feel 100% of the love? Our front's image gets the love, while we don't so much.

I interpreted the episode as MJ wanting to be his old(?) real self, but couldn't and part of the depression was that the front he's been putting up his whole life as a pop artist. That no matter how many times he heard "We love you Michael!" dude knew it wasn't for who he really was/wanted to be.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I think a certain degree of theories and explanations are near fan fiction, fun, but I think even the writers and creators would be surprised at the depth some of them go....

The episode wasn't "straightforward", but the parallels were easy to catch, I thought, they weren't exactly being subtle about the Joe Jackson/MJ thing.

CBSwagga

All Star
Daps
that's the beauty of the show, it's a writers dream cuz it has no concrete story line - just characters.
You're right.. I just have to get on board as a viewer. I was expecting it to be more serialized. Especially with how the beginning of the season played, with earn getting the pit bull money, Paper Boi still fighting to be normal, etc...