FX & Donald Glover present Atlanta Season 2: Atlanta Robbin' Season

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I think that there were three parables told in tonight's episode:

1. The cost of being successful within the system of white supremacy.
2. The cost of being Black in the Entertainment industry.
3. The cost of believing your Black child's humanity is a necessary sacrifice in order for them to be successful in the world.

Exactly.

MJ fits ALL of that to a fukking T. Which is why Donald chose to manifest the character as an MJ lookalike.

shyt is really genius when you think about how he’s able to break it all down and make it simple for the average viewer

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
I think that there were three parables told in tonight's episode:

1. The cost of being successful within the system of white supremacy.
2. The cost of being Black in the Entertainment industry.
3. The cost of believing your Black child's humanity is a necessary sacrifice in order for them to be successful in the world.
:ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
After watching it twice and processing everything. This is what I generally gathered even though there's plenty of symbolism and allegories in this episode. OBVIOUSLY this episode is about the duality of Michael Jackson. Even though Teddy and Benny are physically not the same person, metaphorically they are the same individual. Teddy is who Michael was in public, and Benny is who he really was inside; a tormented soul. The fact that Benny was hidden away down in the basement makes it obvious to that allegory of Michael's true-self was pushed and suppressed. Even his true identity was hidden and discarded. Both Teddy can Benny wants to liberate themselves from their pain. Teddy on one hand, needed someone used as a "sacrificial lamb" to murder Benny, liberating himself from suppressed pain that he endured and live the public eye. Teddy on the other hand cannot allow that "public lie" which was Benny to keep on living, he also doesn't want to live himself because of living in torment. This is why Benny killed Teddy and then himself.

Being that this is obviously an allegory to Michael Jackson's last days. To include the daddy issues and all of that, where Darius comes in, from how I see it, is that he plays the role of CONRAD MURRAY. As we recall, Conrad Murray was MJ's physician who went to prison for MJ's death, despite the fact it was per instruction by Michael, himself. What I presume Donald Glover was suggesting was that Michael Jackson was preparing to kill himself and forced Conrad Murray to do just that. Maybe due to him being depressed or addicted, but Darius was the sacrificial lamb just like Conrad Murray.

THIS is very good:ohhh:

If you look at Darius and Conrad, you also have an allegory for greed and self gain. EVERY ONE of us who were on the outside looking in was screaming for Darius to get the hell out the MOMENT Teddy appeared on screen. We knew this guy was fukked up in the head and nothing but trouble. But Darius wanted what he came for, the piano. And was willing to set aside common fukking sense to get it.

Conrad knew that administering a powerful sedative to an addict like MJ was dangerous. Everyone knew that MJ wasn’t quite right, everyone knew that MJ battled pain killer addiction since his suffered the burned scalp in the 80’s. And yet Conrad went ahead administering MJ sleeping drugs in order to secure that bag.

Conrad also claimed that he was attempting to ween MJ off the drug slowly. Darius tried to slowly expedite the transaction and suddenly Teddy got irritable, defensive, and reactionary (behaviors that most addicts display when gong through withdrawal)

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Being that this is obviously an allegory to Michael Jackson's last days. To include the daddy issues and all of that, where Darius comes in, from how I see it, is that he plays the role of CONRAD MURRAY. As we recall, Conrad Murray was MJ's physician who went to prison for MJ's death, despite the fact it was per instruction by Michael, himself. What I presume Donald Glover was suggesting was that Michael Jackson was preparing to kill himself and forced Conrad Murray to do just that. Maybe due to him being depressed or addicted, but Darius was the sacrificial lamb just like Conrad Murray.

Darius wasn't sacrificed tho. He isn't going to jail and he didn't kill anyone. I'd say if Darius is anybody, he's us. We stumbled onto this disturbed musical genius and could really do nothing to save him from the unfortunate circumstances of his life. The signs were there all along but we just tried to get the music (the piano) and get the hell out. Ultimately what we all knew would happen (tragic ending) happened and all we can do now is look back at the music we had that is now lost and the troubled individual who met his tragic ending caused by his own suffering and terrible childhood.

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
This is Keith Jarrett a white jazz pianist. Teddy mention playing with him to Darius. Black jazz pianist joked about him cause they couldn't believe he was white. Even got protested because black activist thought he was appropriating black culture. History repeats itself.
bb3f9db457ec0e9edfbf45c338ef4aad.jpg

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Darius wasn't sacrificed tho. He isn't going to jail and he didn't kill anyone. I'd say if Darius is anybody, he's us. We stumbled onto this disturbed musical genius and could really do nothing to save him from the unfortunate circumstances of his life. The signs were there all along but we just tried to get the music (the piano) and get the hell out. Ultimately what we all knew would happen (tragic ending) happened and all we can do now is look back at the music we had that is now lost and the troubled individual who met his tragic ending caused by his own suffering and terrible childhood.

I no Darius wasn't going to kill anyone. He was going to be BLAMED for killing Benny. That was the proposed sacrifice.

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Teddy tried to kill benny before darius got there...darius peep the blood on the piano

He left himself a message to wash his hands immediately

By why did we hear Teddy playin music from the piano when Darius came up stairs?

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps