FX & Donald Glover present Atlanta Season 2: Atlanta Robbin' Season

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Episode was good and funny but the Bibby character was too over the top. He started off funny but the run around the town got goofy.
:wtf:

You've never had your whole day ruined because of somebody else inconveniencing you with their bullshyt? How is that over the top?

:gucci:

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
I’ve been re-watching the season so far and yea my point about PaperBoi balking at any and all types of fame is the reason why he hasn’t made the major moves that Earn is trying to place him in. He is absolutely refusing to embrace the fame his one hit is giving him and thus making Earn look like he ain’t trying to make moves for him.

Like the yahoo commercial, PaperBoi reaction to it is: I hate this shyt :stopitslime::hhh::francis:

But Earn who realizes the opportunity is like this is good: Clark County is capitalizing off his songs and getting paid. I hope PaperBoi learns to embrace the fame and step away from that street life.

But then they probably wouldn’t make season 3 :yeshrug:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
My boy that reminds me of Bibby, though not at all a barber, yesterday:

(Calls me for nonsensical reason)

Talks for 5 minutes

"Yeah, I'm busy over here, let me call you back tomorrow....."

I'm like you CALLED ME to for no real reason, and then say you're busy, I feel like Bibby did some shyt like that in the episode, or it would be standard procedure.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Paperboi really did not need to spend that much time with dude. I would have just said fukk it called a uber back to the shop after we left his girl's spot and gotten a cut from someone else.
In real life, a nikka wouldn’t have even went to that nikka house. Especially a rapper with a hit single.

Then at the end, the haircut wasn’t even all that. nikka went through all that for a mediocre haircut. nikka should go bald anyways with that F&S hairline.

WeInHere

All Star
Supporter
Daps
:wtf:

You've never had your whole day ruined because of somebody else inconveniencing you with their bullshyt? How is that over the top?

Nah but I was just talking about the act. It was too much. The start was legit but then stealing wood, crashing, fleeing. It was over the top

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
Paperboi really did not need to spend that much time with dude. I would have just said fukk it called a uber back to the shop after we left his girl's spot and gotten a cut from someone else.

That wouldn't have made the episode worth watching.

It's a TV show for a reason.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Funny thing is, that Barbershop episode hit me on so many levels because in it's own exagerrated way it really captured the relationship that Black men have with their barbers. I've have done some very personal favors for my barber of 25 years.
Last time I used a barber was for my wedding.

It was a dude I went to highschool with. I've been cutting my hair for years, but for the big day, I let a real barber handle it for me.

Some of my guys in my wedding party had been using him for years so the day before I tied the knot we all went to get cuts by the breh.

We get to the shop and he's not even there.

:deadmanny:

My boys calling him up like where you at nikka?!

He goes into some story and then asked us to go pick him up and bring him to the shop...

:heh:

We get back to the shop and I'm telling him about the wedding and everything, and he goes..."So why ain't you invite me?"

I'm like I ain't seen you in years my guy

Then after he cut my head, some kid's mom came in and dropped her son off. He tells my boys that he promised his moms he'd be done by a certain time so of course the kid jumped ahead of them in line.

That's why this episode was golden, cause I've had personal experiences that hit home while watching that episode play out