tumblr_p5w996se2n1ul9uvdo1_1280.jpg

:shaq:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Okay so the barber I went to before my current one did some Bibby shyt on me which is why I switched lol. It was MLK day and I had already been waiting at the shop before they opened so I could get in and out. He finally shows after the other barber already let people in. So he’s bullshytting around on the phone talking and shyt I’m like :stopitslime: cause I’ve been up here since like 7am and I have to be at work. So someone calls and he tells them since it’s a holiday there aren’t any appointments just walk ins.

So as soon as I finally get in the chair, another nikka walks in and pulls him to the side. He’s basically trying to talk under his breath telling the barber he really needs him to hook him up. So this nikka comes back to me and is like hey he had an appointment :mindblown: although I heard him just say on the phone there weren’t appointments :gucci: and I clearly heard the dude that just walk in begging to skip me.

So he then says “I’m about to do something you never seen before” and I’m like “what?”. He says “cut two heads at the same time”. This nikka puts everything on me in the chair, goes across the shop to another chair and does the same to the other dude. Then he just started cutting his hair. At this point my blood is boiling and eyes getting watery from anger. I get up with the damn smock on and tell him I’m about to go and to take it off of me. :pacspit: this was the straw that broke the camels back..since I had started going to him I would always be sitting in there for hours and we had no real relationship. My new barber is on point I text him what day I want he gives me a time..in and out and we rap about all types of shyt at the shop.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this isn’t true at all. Paper Boi needed the haircut because he needed to look good for a Photoshoot and Article in a Magazine. That’s evidence of his continued success. His career was his main reason for being at the barbershop in the first place. Which along with barber loyalty is why he allows Bibby to ruin his whole day.

The episode mentioned events that happened last season (the indivisible car/shooting at The club in Ep 8) and continued the season long theme of “Robbin Season” Bibby and Paper Boi even discuss it “its that time of year, man”.

It was already established he was gaining success. So it did not push the narrative at all. And he was still able to get the haircut after all of that which to imply it was much ado about nothing. It was a filler episode. This is not like B.A.N. where it was the 1st interview, because before then, there was nothing established stating he was gaining status. But now he's a GOLD SELLING ARTIST, so a photoshoot means nothing. Any regular or unknown artist can do a photoshoot. That doesn't state his level of status at all. And mentioning previous events that does not impact the CURRENT situation is not continuing the story, it is just an Easter Egg. It is not like the DOG INVESTMENT from season one and Earn splurging that money away in this season, something that directly a consequence.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve been re-watching the season so far and yea my point about PaperBoi balking at any and all types of fame is the reason why he hasn’t made the major moves that Earn is trying to place him in. He is absolutely refusing to embrace the fame his one hit is giving him and thus making Earn look like he ain’t trying to make moves for him.

Like the yahoo commercial, PaperBoi reaction to it is: I hate this shyt :stopitslime::hhh::francis:

But Earn who realizes the opportunity is like this is good: Clark County is capitalizing off his songs and getting paid. I hope PaperBoi learns to embrace the fame and step away from that street life.

But then they probably wouldn’t make season 3 :yeshrug:

I don't think he has a problem of embracing the fame. There are many instances where he does show a slight appreciation to his general fan base. It's that he does not want what comes with the fame to CHANGE HIM. He doesn't want to sell-out to the entertainment system and want to stick to being HIM. and certain things that are available and appear to be a great opportunity also is something that he's concern would damage his image. He want to stay true to he is at all times, right or wrong. truth be told Clark County is a CARTOON. There's nothing real about him at all. He basically sold out any realness about him. And that's what Paper Boi do not want to turn into.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Episode had its moments but it wasn't anywhere near the Atlanta greatness that we've come to know. This was run of the mill B comedy type shyt. Bibby's shtick got tired after 5 minutes. Maybe if they used him in a single scene but an entire episode?....nah. seeing a guy do dumb shyt over and over is just not that funny. bibby was way too extra. He was basically a caricature.

Was the episode decent?....sure. But when it comes Atlanta I expect a lot more than just decent. But maybe it's time to lower my standards a little. :yeshrug:
People really saying shyt was one of the best episodes in the show. fukk no. :mjlol: