FX & Donald Glover present Atlanta Season 2: Atlanta Robbin' Season

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
You are speaking the truth, but I still don't understand how a gift card can be "turned off". I used to work retail at high end department store and these young brehs would come in with a bunch of credit cards and buy gift cards with them, we as a sales associate can't say no. So they would buy hundreds of dollars in gift cards.
I am pretty sure a gift card can't be turned off. The owner of the card disputes the charges, and the credit card company takes the hit.
we used to ask for ID when folks bought gift cards.
you can usually always catch the scammers
the gift cards can't be "turned off" because usually they using someone elses credit card info to buy them. once they buy the gift cards, the transaction is over.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lmaooooo
How Atlanta Robbin’ Season Got Tracy’s Waves So Impossibly Laid

How Atlanta Got Tracy’s Waves So Impossibly Laid
By Dee Lockett
09-atlanta-1.w710.h473.jpg

Photo: FX

The newest character on FX’s Atlanta, Tracy (Khris Davis), a recently incarcerated friend of Paper Boi (Brian Tyree Henry), has one defining accessory: his du-rag. He wears it in every scene, so often that it became a conversation piece in Thursday night’s episode, “Sportin’ Waves.” When Tracy complains about the heat, Darius (Lakeith Stanfield) jokes that it’s because of all that grease boiling on top of his head beneath the cloth. Tracy soon explains that this is not just a style choice, but one made for personal grooming purposes intended for a professional setting. Fresh out of prison, he’s lined up a job interview for “some marketing job or some shyt,” so he needs to look the corporate part. Enter: the wave cap.

“I’m about to have these waves going crazy like the Bermuda Triangle, boy,” he tells Darius, Alfred (Brian Tyree Henry), and Earn (Donald Glover). “I’m the Prince of Tides, nikka. First you got to brush it, then you just let ’em bake.” Alfred, a fellow black man who’s probably had waves in his day, rolls his eyes at Tracy’s pretension. Darius, typically entertained, just wants him to prove it and tries to snatch the du-rag. But Tracy must protect the goods at all costs: “I got to leave ’em undisturbed, they in the oven right now,” he explains, stepping comfortably into his role as Atlanta’s new comic relief.

What comes out when they’re done, just in time for Tracy’s otherwise unsuccessful interview, is a thing of beauty: Waves so laid, so luscious, and so luxurious they deserve to be modeled and marveled at Atlanta’s biggest black-hair expo. The shine! The curl pattern! The length! The texture! Elsewhere in the city, Yung Joc is quaking. So, we just had to know: How did Atlanta get Tracy’s waves so on point that every follicle will be studied in cosmetology schools for decades?

09-atlanta-2.w710.h473.jpg

“First you got to brush it, then you just let ‘em bake.” Photo: FX
As you might suspect, the waves aren’t real — but they’re also not a wig. Before Davis, who previously starred on Broadway in Lynn Nottage’s Sweat, was cast as Tracy, his hair needed a final audition. “I’m like, ‘My hair?’ Well, shyt!” he tells Vulture. “I was literally standing in front of a barber’s shop about to get a haircut [when I got that call]. I ran back home, put my wave cap back on, blew-dry it, and made some waves pop out. A cat’s gotta have some waves!” They were impressive enough to get him hired, but not nearly up to par with Tracy’s final look. Davis says he had to wear a wave cap for a week and adopt a strict regimen: wash, apply nighttime and daytime pomade, and brush his hair in the shower with special shampoo and conditioner. Alas, it still wasn’t enough. “I showed Donald and he was like, ‘Nah, that’s not what I want,” Davis remembers.

Glover instead showed him a guy he found on Instagram whose natural hair miraculously accomplished Tracy’s goal. “It was almost comical and scary at the same time,” Davis says. “There’s no way in hell my hair could ever do that! Even if we permed it, fried it, and dyed it, my hair’s never gonna do that.” Perm or S-curl out of the question, there was one solution: a weave. What we saw onscreen is weave that’s been glued to a wave cap, cut down to size, dyed on the sides, and styled on Davis’s head to blend in with his own hard-fought waves. Still, the look that surprised the cast most was seeing Davis’s real hair after weeks covered by a du-rag. “After we wrapped, we were all in a van and Lakeith was like, ‘You know what’s funny? I don’t think I’ve ever seen your hair,’” he says. “I finally took my wave cap off so everybody could actually see my hair, since Tracy wears one religiously.” Sure, Tracy doesn’t get that marketing job, but we predict a career doing YouTube hair tutorials might suit him better.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
lmaooooo
How Atlanta Robbin’ Season Got Tracy’s Waves So Impossibly Laid

How Atlanta Got Tracy’s Waves So Impossibly Laid
By Dee Lockett
09-atlanta-1.w710.h473.jpg

Photo: FX

The newest character on FX’s Atlanta, Tracy (Khris Davis), a recently incarcerated friend of Paper Boi (Brian Tyree Henry), has one defining accessory: his du-rag. He wears it in every scene, so often that it became a conversation piece in Thursday night’s episode, “Sportin’ Waves.” When Tracy complains about the heat, Darius (Lakeith Stanfield) jokes that it’s because of all that grease boiling on top of his head beneath the cloth. Tracy soon explains that this is not just a style choice, but one made for personal grooming purposes intended for a professional setting. Fresh out of prison, he’s lined up a job interview for “some marketing job or some shyt,” so he needs to look the corporate part. Enter: the wave cap.

“I’m about to have these waves going crazy like the Bermuda Triangle, boy,” he tells Darius, Alfred (Brian Tyree Henry), and Earn (Donald Glover). “I’m the Prince of Tides, nikka. First you got to brush it, then you just let ’em bake.” Alfred, a fellow black man who’s probably had waves in his day, rolls his eyes at Tracy’s pretension. Darius, typically entertained, just wants him to prove it and tries to snatch the du-rag. But Tracy must protect the goods at all costs: “I got to leave ’em undisturbed, they in the oven right now,” he explains, stepping comfortably into his role as Atlanta’s new comic relief.

What comes out when they’re done, just in time for Tracy’s otherwise unsuccessful interview, is a thing of beauty: Waves so laid, so luscious, and so luxurious they deserve to be modeled and marveled at Atlanta’s biggest black-hair expo. The shine! The curl pattern! The length! The texture! Elsewhere in the city, Yung Joc is quaking. So, we just had to know: How did Atlanta get Tracy’s waves so on point that every follicle will be studied in cosmetology schools for decades?

09-atlanta-2.w710.h473.jpg

“First you got to brush it, then you just let ‘em bake.” Photo: FX
As you might suspect, the waves aren’t real — but they’re also not a wig. Before Davis, who previously starred on Broadway in Lynn Nottage’s Sweat, was cast as Tracy, his hair needed a final audition. “I’m like, ‘My hair?’ Well, shyt!” he tells Vulture. “I was literally standing in front of a barber’s shop about to get a haircut [when I got that call]. I ran back home, put my wave cap back on, blew-dry it, and made some waves pop out. A cat’s gotta have some waves!” They were impressive enough to get him hired, but not nearly up to par with Tracy’s final look. Davis says he had to wear a wave cap for a week and adopt a strict regimen: wash, apply nighttime and daytime pomade, and brush his hair in the shower with special shampoo and conditioner. Alas, it still wasn’t enough. “I showed Donald and he was like, ‘Nah, that’s not what I want,” Davis remembers.

Glover instead showed him a guy he found on Instagram whose natural hair miraculously accomplished Tracy’s goal. “It was almost comical and scary at the same time,” Davis says. “There’s no way in hell my hair could ever do that! Even if we permed it, fried it, and dyed it, my hair’s never gonna do that.” Perm or S-curl out of the question, there was one solution: a weave. What we saw onscreen is weave that’s been glued to a wave cap, cut down to size, dyed on the sides, and styled on Davis’s head to blend in with his own hard-fought waves. Still, the look that surprised the cast most was seeing Davis’s real hair after weeks covered by a du-rag. “After we wrapped, we were all in a van and Lakeith was like, ‘You know what’s funny? I don’t think I’ve ever seen your hair,’” he says. “I finally took my wave cap off so everybody could actually see my hair, since Tracy wears one religiously.” Sure, Tracy doesn’t get that marketing job, but we predict a career doing YouTube hair tutorials might suit him better.
This shyt needs to go in that wave thread :mjlol:

Just pure comedy.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Earnest is a book smart dumb-ass. I'm sure you've met some of them. If a felon living on your cousin's couch told you he could double your money, most people would laugh in the dude's face or say no thanks. But a dumb-ass will literally ask how?
It's funny, when he first said that to Ern, I was like shiiiiiitttt. Ern ain't that dumb. Low and behold, yes he was. :snoop:

On some real shyt though, Paper Boy was wrong for co-signing Tracey about the gift card shyt. He know dude a ain't shyt ass nikka

whatthatthangsmelllike

W$GT$
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach
It's funny, when he first said that to Ern, I was like shiiiiiitttt. Ern ain't that dumb. Low and behold, yes he was. :snoop:

On some real shyt though, Paper Boy was wrong for co-signing Tracey about the gift card shyt. He know dude a ain't shyt ass nikka
He was salty that he made 4 racks though

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
He didn’t really even trash Kevin Hart. You can tell they still have love for one another but when fame comes into play. A thug changes and love changes, and best friends become strangers:wow:

Looks at thread title, then reads comment :dwillhuh::gucci::dahell::russ: lol it's all good
@Ziggiy did you mean to put this in the Michael Blackson thread?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I'm not gonna jump on the "he hates black women" bandwagon, but that "black women weren't checking for me" shyt is a copout. I know waaaay too many types of black women for black male celebs to keep getting away with this bullshyt excuse/line. I'm pretty sure they (black male celebs) were the type to want to chase after chicks like draya, blacc chyna, and all the other bad bytches around the way or on campus and gave no play to the quirky black chicks, the nerds, the quiet ones, the level headed ones who weren't about putting themselves out there. Them using that excuse is as silly as black women talking they can't find a good black man when all they want is the flyest, most flossin, big nikka around the way, "look at me" type dudes
Repped

Jack Skellington

yes indeed family
Daps
Reppin
Halloween Town
i'm surprised nobody caught that Bojack reference from Tracy while they were walking into the store, don't sleep on Bojack Horseman brehs it's a great show:wow:

edit post: my bad, just seen the comment, y'all nikkas got it :salute::salute:

Last edited: