Future ‘Star Wars Story’ Spin-Offs Are Reportedly On Hold at Lucasfilm

Brehcepticon

Adeptus Brehstartes
Supporter
Daps
:francis:

Update: ABC News is now reporting that yesterdays story was “premature” and “speculative” and that multiple non-trilogy movies are in the works. Here’s more:

Instead, Lucasfilm told ABC News there are still “multiple” Star Wars films currently in development that have not been officially announced. Those projects are moving forward separate from an already-announced “Star Wars” trilogy being overseen by “The Last Jedi” director Rian Johnson and another series of movies from “Game of Thrones” producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss.

There are a few possibilities here. It’s entirely possible that yesterday’s news was inaccurate, but Collider has a reliable track record with their reporting. It’s also possible that this move is damage control from Disney and Lucasfilm, an attempt to take ownership of this story while they still can. However, after putting our feelers out, we think the truth falls somewhere in the middle, in an undefined gray zone. We’ll let you know more as we know it.

Future 'Star Wars Story' Spin-Offs Are On Hold at Lucasfilm

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dissapointed: the only non jedi/sith star wars film i wanted was a bounty hunter heist flick with boba fett, bossk, maybe even solo n chewbacca, and of course myself. Instead they give us only human characters with no juice when star wars was always fantastical.

:russ: agreed

Wavy Hair Chipped Teeth

they spinnin nugga they spinnin
Daps
Reppin
Live nikka Rap
Really nothing outside storylines involving Skywalkers need to be made into films. If all these others ideas were kept to animated flicks and Netflix they could drop them every month for all I care

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
good

they gotta force hold this L for a little bit and realize how they are fukking up easy money and potential classic storylines

:YodaL:

Maybe..... but the BAR needs to be reset a bit because after cats seen what some most recent successful films or franchises have done. People tend to think thats either easy or the norm.

There was a time when just getting to $350-$400M worldwide was a success. Now and even cats just last year in here over here claiming $800M+ is flops:mjlol:

Martha

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I for one like JJ taking Kathleen's place....She needs to go.:camby: what better person to put in charge than the biggest star wars nerd yo ever met.

Brehcepticon

Adeptus Brehstartes
Supporter
Daps
Maybe..... but the BAR needs to be reset a bit because after cats seen what some most recent successful films or franchises have done. People tend to think thats either easy or the norm.

There was a time when just getting to $350-$400M worldwide was a success. Now and even cats just last year in here over here claiming $800M+ is flops:mjlol:

Martha
I'd say that's one of Hollywood's biggest problems; the crazy amount of money they spend on these movies. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 made 700 mil and change. Good news right? Nope. It need a billion to make any profit for Sony. Same with Justice League, especially after reshoots. That movie lost mad cash for WB. The Billion Dollar Bar, for better or for worse, is now the standard for summer blockbusters :snoop:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Comedy, breh

y22rZNg.gif
Zim-and-G-I-R-laughing-zim-40720836-300-214.gif

HarlemUSA

Lightbringer and Azor Ahai
Supporter