Future “as a artist” > Drake, J.Cole & Kendrick Lamar

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
*Coli breh goes to a party walks up to the DJ "Aye put on that Kendrick Lamar. That Pimp a Butterfly that shyt gonna go hard. The ladies gonna love that! Nobody trying to hear that wack ass Future*

Being able to party to music says little of whether that music is quality

Was Nelly the best artist of his time? :mjlol:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Being able to party to music says little of whether that music is quality

Was Nelly the best artist of his time? :mjlol:

But it also doesn't mean that just because you can party to it that it isn't quality. That's pretty much this whole argument. Everything has its place. Future can be great, but there's a reason why he isn't in these conversations. I never got why people frown on the Nelly's or Missy Elliotts of the world on here. They made great music, but they weren't teyjng to be lyricists or great MC's. They made fun music. And with Missy, given she wrote and produced for other artists, she's artistically better than a lot of her peers. She rapped and sang. Same with Nelly. Same with Future. Doesn't mean she was in the same conversations as Nas, Jay, Biggie, Pac, etc. Same goes for Future in regard to Kendrick, Cole, and Drake.

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Future talks about nothing and cannot make an entire album to save his life. He has nothigng in the stratosphere of FHD, GKMC, Take Care, shyt even Big Seans DSP or 21s I Am > I Was. Hes only grown in popularity as an artist because the Atlanta ecosystem keeps growing, allowing him to cross pollinate with other artists (THugga and YSL, Metro, 21, and Drake who dikkrides the Atlanta collective).

even the nikkas biggest and most organic hit (Wait For U), is CARRIED by the sample, so much so that Tems popularity exploded as a result. Hardly anybody knows wtf hes talking about in his verses :mjlol:>

Dude is the epitome of mediocre, carried by production, and ive no idea how he is as big as he is.
You a mf lie :heh:

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
As far as rapping hell no. He barely above avg. but if u use the artist tag he is elite. But rapping fukk no. Not even top 100
How are we defining artist here? That is The issue.

If you enjoy future and think his projects are hot, I don’t think anyone is going to disagree with you on that.

But you say he is an objectively better artist than Drake Kendrick and J. Cole…. I gotta admit that comes across as insane to me. Unless your metrics are extremely favorable toward making music that is hot for the club or in Atlanta….

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO

If you enjoy future and think his projects are hot, I don’t think anyone is going to disagree with you on that.

But you say he is an objectively better artist than Drake Kendrick and J. Cole…. I gotta admit that comes across as insane to me. Unless your metrics are extremely favorable toward making music that is hot for the club or in Atlanta….
I never said he was a better artist sir

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina

Future just being a "club" artist is a myth. He has a bunch of slow tempo deep songs that the core fanbase looks at as classic. The whole "pain music" sub genre that Durk,Youngboy and Rod Wave have flourished with can be attributed to him.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Future just being a "club" artist is a myth. He has a bunch of slow tempo deep songs that the core fanbase looks at as classic. The whole "pain music" sub genre that Durk,Youngboy and Rod Wave have flourished with can be attributed to him.

Kevin Gates was making that music in 2013 brah. Boosie even before him

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
I never said you did brah. But that’s the central argument of this thread. How or why is future a better artist than Drake, Kendrick Lamar, and J. Cole
But you say he is an objectively better artist than Drake Kendrick and J. Cole…. I gotta admit that comes across as insane

^
u said that to me lol

yall dudes man

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Future gotta be the one of the most one dimensional superstars of all time

This here.

Dude has spent 12-13 years making the same three songs over and over again. And I dig a lot of dude's music, but we gotta stop acting like homie is groundbreaking and mad creative. He's always been a one-trick pony. Definitely not a better artist than Kendrick.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
This here.

Dude has spent 12-13 years making the same three songs over and over again. And I dig a lot of dude's music, but we gotta stop acting like homie is groundbreaking and mad creative. He's always been a one-trick pony. Definitely not a better artist than Kendrick.
Yall gotta at least provide some type of proof when you make posts like this, especially when it’s clearly wrong. Future has a large catalog and is not at all making the “same 3 songs over and over again”.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Yall gotta at least provide some type of proof when you make posts like this, especially when it’s clearly wrong. Future has a large catalog and is not at all making the “same 3 songs over and over again”.
nikkas just say that to say shyt. Straight yappin