Furious 8 Is Coming In 2017

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Only reason the film did so well was out of respect for Paul Walker, he was the lead in the very first film and its sequel. Although I enjoyed the last film, I think they should quit while they're ahead. Anything else corporate hubris and will tarnish the actors and actresses career.

Wrong. The series had 2 leads. Both Vin and Paul were the main leads.

Also the series continued to top box office ever since fast 5. Obviously this movie got the paul walker death bump. But just going from history this was always gonna be the biggest fast movie ever in terms of ticket sales.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The series will be fine but I'm pretty confident Paul's passing is a main reason why this is doing well over a billion. It would have gotten near there anyway but not this much..
True to an extent but as @MartyMcFly pointed put each film has made more than the last.

Also, china has emerged the last couple years as being possibly the biggest market in the world.

It made $68 million on opening day in china, which was around what ff6 made in its entire run in china. Ended up doing $185 million opening weekend more than it did in the US.

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
Hauser-in-2-Fast-2-Furious-cole-hauser-12321841-640-480.jpg

He should be gettin' out of prison real soon...
:yes:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
True to an extent but as @MartyMcFly pointed put each film has made more than the last.

Also, china has emerged the last couple years as being possibly the biggest market in the world.

It made $68 million on opening day in china, which was around what ff6 made in its entire run in china. Ended up doing $185 million opening weekend more than it did in the US.

I've discussed China on here quite a bit. It's really changed the game for some of these blockbusters. We are going to see insane INSANE numbers. shyt, the last Transformers only did about $200M here but because of China the film still did over a billion worldwide.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
im just glad my boy statham got a chance to get in on the fun and eat off this :banderas:

china really out here putting batteries in these movies backs :wow:

FappleMeOff

All Star
Daps
I just rewatched all of the movies last night with some buddies and I actually found myself enjoying the first 4 more than I did the last 3.

Fast Six was utter garbage :skip:Furious 7 was good until the last quarter with the drone :why:shyt lasted a good 35 minutes and the whole Dom scene was just:scusthov:

Fast Five and Fast & Furious were both pretty good imo specifically because it had a good blend of what I loved in the first 3 movies. Street racing, Brian and his cop storyline, some over the top action, good comedy, the original cast plus the side characters from the early movies and I genuinely felt like the characters were in at least SOME form of danger. These last two movies, while entertaining, just throw realism completely out the window and are drifting (:myman:) into Transformer territory :shaq2:

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps
Yet Paul was the audience surrogate into the world/franchise which is why a direct sequel without Vin worked:sas1:

Paul was always the main character, I feel like continuing on without him is lowkey fukked up. Especially considering all of them thought they were big shyt after the success of the first one which was why none of them came back for the sequel in the first place. :sas2:

Paul was the only one humble enough to return for Fast 2 and now his death will be one of the main reasons these people make millions.