Fukk this team Fukk this Front office Fukk everybody - Official Raptors 2023/2024 Thread

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps

@JLova

@Camoflauge

@trick
@MikelArteta
@Instant Classic
@jdubnyce
@MVike28
@Malcolmxxx_23
@Patrick Kane
@Wall
@EarlyEarly
@richtree
@Miggs
@the next guy
@broller
@Nomad1
@darius19
@Techniec
@Dirty D
@Auger
@thatrapsfan
@CJ
@Guess Who
@Brosef

@Flackaveli

@The Infamous
@Max B
@Wise

@GOATpernick

@kingest_kong
@Broke Wave
@Blade

The Athletic piece from Eric Koreen provides more context

« Accordingly, the onus will be on Ujiri to find a way to co-exist with Rogers, and less on Rogers himself. It was reportedly Rogers who was the most skeptical about paying Ujiri like a top-of-market executive in 2021, two years after Ujiri’s Raptors won the NBA Finals. It was also Rogers who was most acutely against MLSE going after a WNBA expansion team, with the Toronto Star reporting last October that Rogers’ relationship with Ujiri was a factor in MLSE not going down that road. (To be clear, it was not the determining factor.) That is what led Tanenbaum to start KSV, the company that purchased the expansion team.

In other words, Ujiri has had to deal with Rogers for his entire tenure running the Raptors, which dates to 2013. He has not, though, had to deal with Rogers as the ultimate authority within MLSE and, therefore, the Raptors. The nature of the relationship changes. Rogers isn’t a boss within MLSE now; he is the boss.

Does Ujiri, who has largely had carte blanche to run the Raptors as he has seen fit, have the stomach to deal with Rogers? Looking at the Blue Jays, Rogers hasn’t appeared to interfere too closely in day-to-day baseball matters. The Blue Jays spent into the competitive balance tax in 2023 and were poised to do so again this year before the season went comically awry »

Last edited:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I think Masai is def gone. He will most likely stick around for a season or 2. Hopefully he's gone next season because he's only made 1 good move since 2020, and that was drafting Scottie.

As a Blue Jays fan a bit mixed because one one hand Rogers spent a lot on the roster, but on the other hand they stayed loyal to mediocrity. The latter is what I am afraid of, but I can also see something where Ed just puts the Raptors to the side and focuses on the Leafs

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Masai has fukked up ALOT since the title year i dont give a fukk if hes gone anymore the stench is up my nose with his bullshyt.

Losing Koloko to the Lakers is just the next in a long series of post title fukkups that got me holding my nose at this front office

Last edited:

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Does Bobby actually slide into President and we get a new GM? Or does Bobby leave with Masai? Curious to see how this plays out in the next year or two.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
They should have retired Lowry's number before fukking Vince
I think it's a clear money move by MLSE because they will most likely sell merchandise. I guess they also want to beat Nets to the pumch for retiring his number for some reason. As an older Raptors fan it feels weird to do this after he quit on team and tanked his value. Plus, he attended his graduation instead of focusing on a game 7. He was clearly off his game that day from what I remember