Fukk this team Fukk this Front office Fukk everybody - Official Raptors 2023/2024 Thread

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
I checked out long time ago :manny:
Wonder how ticket sales are doing

Raps games are leafs games the joint will always be full regardless of team quality and product on the ice/floor. MLSE literally prints money and makes profits. Raptors have a strong and numerous group of permanent season ticket holders, they renew their season tickets every year. The raps attract important corporate money and sponsors too, just like the leafs. Also a 19,000 seat arena just like the ACC will be always filled because the surrounding areas are wealthy, crowded and highly populated. And it’s so easy to travel directly to the arena with the go train and TTC. Keep in mind that The population of the GTA alone exceeds 6 million, the Golden Horseshoe has 9 million of souls and southern Ontario in general has 13-14 million of people living there.

And even if the raptors don’t sell out their games they will still make massive profits (merchandises, jerseys etc). The NBA is not a league that exclusively depends on gate revenue. Thanks to the current nba tv contract for that partly.

When I watch raps games, I don’t see too empty seats inside the ACC(excuse me, it’s scotiabank arena now ) at home games. The Lower bowl area seems to be always half empty , but it doesn’t count because these seats are occupied by corporate suits who are casual sports fans at best. These corporate suits prefer to eat sushi and drink Chardonnay with their business clients in MLSE corporate boxes instead of watching the game live.

Back In October-November-December, the attendance/home crowds looked decent even though the team was mediocre and played poorly. But since march 1st, the Double damage of Scottie Barnes injury on march 1 and right after the team announced he was out for the season, the raptors went on a 12-game losing streak that killed all the vibes and hopes of the raptors and ended their season. They will comeback next season.

Seriously the raps went 1-13 in march and this damned month still aint over. 12 straight losses :damn:

Right now Toronto is 11.5 games behind the last play-in spot, the 10th seeded Atlanta hawks:damn:

Our position in The standings :damn:

Last edited:

Soldier

Daps
@jdubnyce

If the diehards like us checked out, just imagine how early the casuals/bandwagoners/fair weather fans checked out mjlol: :damn:

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
do people in the city still care about the raps horrible season or they focus more on the leafs season+upcoming playoffs and the upcoming New jays season

@MikelArteta
@jdubnyce @trick
@Miggs

I haven't watched in a while
Most people checked out on this team. I'm not even excited about this draft. I haven't seen a draft this underwhelming since the bargs draft. My favorite players in this draft won't even declare or get drafted: Hansen yang (CCP won't let him go) and TSJ (rape charge)

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Raps games are leafs games the joint will always be full regardless of team quality and product on the ice/floor. MLSE literally prints money and makes profits. The raps attract important corporate money and sponsors easily just like the leafs. Also a 19,000 seat arena just like the ACC will be filled because the surrounding areas are crowded and highly populated . Keep in mind that The population of the GTA alone exceeds 6 million, the Golden Horseshoe has 9 million of souls and southern Ontario in general has 13-14 million of people living there.

And even if the raptors don’t sell out their games they will still make massive profits (merchandises, jerseys etc). The NBA is not a league that exclusively depends on gate revenue. Thanks to the current nba tv contract for that partly.

When I watch raps games, I don’t see too empty seats inside the ACC(excuse me, it’s scotiabank arena now ) at home games. The Lower bowl area seems to be always half empty , but it doesn’t count because these seats are occupied by corporate suits who are casual sports fans at best. These corporate suits prefer to eat sushi and drink Chardonnay with their business clients in MLSE corporate boxes instead of watching the game live.

Back In October-November-December, the attendance/home crowds looked decent even though the team was mediocre and played poorly. But since march 1st, the Double damage of Scottie Barnes injury on march 1 and right after the team announced he was out for the season, the raptors went on a 12-game losing streak that killed all the vibes and hopes of the raptors and ended their season. They will comeback next season.

Seriously the raps went 1-13 in march and this damned month still aint over. 12 straight losses :damn:

Right now Toronto is 11.5 games behind the last play-in spot, the 10th seeded Atlanta hawks:damn:

Our position in The standings :damn:

yeah and there are alot of season ticket holders. I think the breh @CJ is
There are a lot of companies that have boxes and season tickets as well. And then you still have a lot of younger fans who came to love the raps during the 2019 season.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Most people checked out on this team. I'm not even excited about this draft. I haven't seen a draft this underwhelming since the bargs draft. My favorite players in this draft won't even declare or get drafted: Hansen yang (CCP won't let him go) and TSJ (rape charge)

Yup the draft sucks. Even if the raptors keep their pick there isn't anyone who will make a difference anyways. Only positive dont have to pay og 35 mill and siakam 40 mill plus

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Yup the draft sucks. Even if the raptors keep their pick there isn't anyone who will make a difference anyways. Only positive dont have to pay og 35 mill and siakam 40 mill plus

I haven't seen a draft this strange in years. The best two players in this draft will have a ceiling of being a 5th option on their team. There will be a couple of outliers in this draft, but still...I don't remember seeing a draft this crappy since 06.

Soldier

Daps
The raps unfortunately « picked » the wrong season to tank because this year’s draft is underwhelming.

Next year the draft will be much better

cooper Flagg, ace Bailey, Khaman maluach, etc

2025 draft won’t be a legendary or great draft but it will be definitely better than This years draft.

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I haven't seen a draft this strange in years. The best two players in this draft will have a ceiling of being a 5th option on their team. There will be a couple of outliers in this draft, but still...I don't remember seeing a draft this crappy since 06.

lol i laughed when i saw donovan clingan nba comparison jakob poetl :mjlol:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The raps unfortunately tanked in the wrong season, this draft is underwhelming

Next year the draft will be much better

cooper Flagg, ace Bailey, Khamab maluach, etc

Not a great draft but better than This years draft.

which is why this is the year to give up the pick

honestly a guy like tristan newton or tyler kolek who are both prob second rounders or late late firsts will prob have a better nba career than guys picked in the top 5

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
lol i laughed when i saw donovan clingan nba comparison jakob poetl :mjlol:

He's a fatter and slower Jakob Poeltl with two foot injuries and better shot blocking...projected #5 by ESPN. :russ:

Alex Sarr is projected #2, and I don't think he wouldn't gone top 10 or even lotto last year. He just has too many flaws and zero clear cut skills. Sure, he's switchable. He can defend on the perimeter. But everything on offense is theoretical with Sarr. He can't even finish at the rim in the NBL (Australian league). He can't space the floor there. He can hit a face up jumper once in a while. But is that enough? What's it gonna be like for him in the NBA?

Soldier

Daps
Start of the 4th quarter my son was like aight imma head out

I was tired so naturally I said let’s go!

Masai should be brought to the International Court at The Hague for his crimes this franchise is finished

Worse than Babcock days
So you were at the game against the Knicks last night?