FUE Hair Transplant (official thread)

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Floyd shyt fresh. How much fukkin hair did Floyd have to get a full head of hair and a full beard? Lmao. Thinking about it now it’s kinda crazy.
His donor area was strong so I’d guess he prolly got about 5000-6000 grafts for hair and beard

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I had my second FUT last Monday...The nerv regeneration pain around the sutures is unbarable woke me up at 4am few nights ago but they say its normal healing process. The doc in NYC got 3,100 graphs...1 Graph on average is 2.5 hairs (A graph has 1-4 hairs). I should be all set after this....I didn''t have male patter baldness I lost 50% of my hair after a relationship ended in my late 20's that invovled a death...Over 2-3 months after the relationship huge shock loss because I didn't handle the stress well. Only about 20% of the 50% loss grew back so I got the hair trasplants to go after that 30%...Today is day 9 after surgery I get the stiches out tomorrow. The doc did both FUT and FUE for 12k.... The first surgery 7 years ago was FUT only 2,000 Graphs it re set my hairline and set a good frame but I still had some patches of thining in the mid scalp I used those Topick fibers to fill it in when I was out in public never used the rogain stuff as I knew the hair loss was stress not genetic. The first Transplant with the fibers kept me going and got me to this point but the Pandemic is ending im single and by Late June/July should be g2g. The middle patches/thin area made me look like I was recovering from chemo. The doc reenforced the hairline andfilled in the thin areas and did alittle at the crown. If you do not need over 2,000 you can just get FUE but if you need like 2,500 Graphs+ you need the strip from back of head FUT.
Damn why didn’t you go the FUE route?

Menna

All Star
Daps
The first surgery was FUT in 2013 FUE 7-8 years ago was not really perfected back then so I wanted to go with something that was proven. Today it is perfected but me and the Doc agreed to a large 3,000+graph surgery so that this would be the last one. We both agreed that to get that much hair it was best for a combo FUT and FUE....Also with a large FUE 2,000+graph procedure you have to shave a large portion of your head and I couldn't take a month off from work to let it grow back so I did the combo. FUE is fine they even have a robot that does it ARTIS or something this was just my person experience.

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The first surgery was FUT in 2013 FUE 7-8 years ago was not really perfected back then so I wanted to go with something that was proven. Today it is perfected but me and the Doc agreed to a large 3,000+graph surgery so that this would be the last one. We both agreed that to get that much hair it was best for a combo FUT and FUE....Also with a large FUE 2,000+graph procedure you have to shave a large portion of your head and I couldn't take a month off from work to let it grow back so I did the combo. FUE is fine they even have a robot that does it ARTIS or something this was just my person experience.
Yea I heard FUE really just got perfected not too long ago so that’s understandable,did you get good results from your first transplant?

ApolloStark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah bro the thing is them 30’s is when it hit hard,the reason they say wait because if you get one in your 20’s it’s almost a 100% chance you gonna need a second one,because they can’t even tell the pattern you balding at due to you being so young.
By your 30’s you’ll see a pattern and the transplant doctors can catch it by adding more hair follicles over the ones you already have that may go

Real news bruh

i'm mid 30s and my hairline still solid and in tact (don't ask me how) so I'm basically good to go, that shyt aint going anywhere?

on the flipside, i do have a weaker centre crown and definitely less hair overall i.e. overall thinning. i said to my barber the other day how long until that shyt completely goes. he said i've got 10 years :ehh:

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
i'm mid 30s and my hairline still solid and in tact (don't ask me how) so I'm basically good to go, that shyt aint going anywhere?

on the flipside, i do have a weaker centre crown and definitely less hair overall i.e. overall thinning. i said to my barber the other day how long until that shyt completely goes. he said i've got 10 years :ehh:

Yea you prolly good,I’m saying most guys that go get a transplant in they 30’s they shyt receding somewhat or they shyt super bold,when I went to go get mines Dudes was finished I was like damn.

But yea see you can go get one now and where you thinking at they can replant those areas with stronger follicles unless your hair as a whole is thin,then you might have problems getting a transplant

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
Mines failed honestly :mjcry:. I am at 7 and a half month I dont think its going to get better..

With a short cut it looks great. Basically I need to get a low cut every two weeks.
breh you’re barely over halfway. you gotta be more patient, shyt ain’t automatic. I had a BIG boom month 5 and 6 and aint see ANY progress again until 2 and a half months later.

Even if you comparing your progress to others, their month 7-8 was shaky looking as well. At least use month 10 as a test...not when you’re a little over halfway out.

These two brehs are the reason I went out there and have the best results i’ve seen. Their 7-8 months still had some thin areas as well. But by month 10-12 they were valid.

Menna

All Star
Daps
Yea I heard FUE really just got perfected not too long ago so that’s understandable,did you get good results from your first transplant?

The Doc went conservative because I was only 27 for the first one. He set a good hairline and frame. He didn't know me and I could only explain the situation I knew it was only stress related not MPB but how could h be 100% sure so he wanted to see if my baldness continued so instead of drugs I got a conservative first transplant and waited...7 years later my hair is the same as it was in 2013 so we finished the job. I think he could have gave me lets say 2,500 graphs the first time instead of 2,000 BUT I needed two surgeries so whatever. Be carefull about setting your hairline too low or the corners too low you might set yourself up for many more surgerys in the future you don't want a space between your transplanted hairline and your natural hairline lol...You will have to keep filling it in so just be realistic not greedy.

If you think about it rogain and that other shyt over 50 years week after week is prob more expensive than a good transplant one time with 2-3x a week free scalp massages for blood flow to folicals

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
breh you’re barely over halfway. you gotta be more patient, shyt ain’t automatic. I had a BIG boom month 5 and 6 and aint see ANY progress again until 2 and a half months later.

Even if you comparing your progress to others, their month 7-8 was shaky looking as well. At least use month 10 as a test...not when you’re a little over halfway out.

These two brehs are the reason I went out there and have the best results i’ve seen. Their 7-8 months still had some thin areas as well. But by month 10-12 they were valid.

Bingo exactly the two guys I was talking about they got the best results and they shyt ain’t really boom until months 8-10

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The Doc went conservative because I was only 27 for the first one. He set a good hairline and frame. He didn't know me and I could only explain the situation I knew it was only stress related not MPB but how could h be 100% sure so he wanted to see if my baldness continued so instead of drugs I got a conservative first transplant and waited...7 years later my hair is the same as it was in 2013 so we finished the job. I think he could have gave me lets say 2,500 graphs the first time instead of 2,000 BUT I needed two surgeries so whatever. Be carefull about setting your hairline too low or the corners too low you might set yourself up for many more surgerys in the future you don't want a space between your transplanted hairline and your natural hairline lol...You will have to keep filling it in so just be realistic not greedy.
Ok,so with the second procedure do you feel you’ll be good to go? Or do you think you may need a third due to your age? And nope that’s why I got full coverage I only needed 3000 grafts as I was only a Norwood 2-3 but I let them take 5200 to cover any spot that may get affected in the future

Menna

All Star
Daps
Ok,so with the second procedure do you feel you’ll be good to go? Or do you think you may need a third due to your age? And nope that’s why I got full coverage I only needed 3000 grafts as I was only a Norwood 2-3 but I let them take 5200 to cover any spot that may get affected in the future

Damn 5,200graphs thats a harvest good job...I will be good to go I would of prob been good to go with another 2,500 but I got 3,100-3,200. I am 35 now and after that huge stress shock loss and trasnpalnt at 27 my hair has staid the same for the past 7-8 years so with 3,100 at 35 and no MPB in my family and hair stability for lat 8 years I feel i'll be good to go or at least good until 50 and by then who cares. Hair matters to attractive women as you know.

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Damn 5,200graphs thats a harvest good job...I will be good to go I would of prob been good to go with another 2,500 but I got 3,100-3,200. I am 35 now and after that huge stress shock loss and trasnpalnt at 27 my hair has staid the same for the past 7-8 years so with 3,100 at 35 and no MPB in my family and hair stability for lat 8 years I feel i'll be good to go or at least good until 50 and by then who cares. Hair matters to attractive women as you know.
Yea they got me a bit but my donor already kicking back strong as hell my hair naturally thick and grows fast so I wasn’t too worried about it which is why I let them get that many. And yea that’s how I feel if I can make it through to my mid 40’s with a solid hairline I won’t give a damn how it look once I hit 50 :mjlol: it’s over with after that. Hair definitely matters Fam that’s why I couldn’t go bald some dudes don’t care but bald ain’t for everyone

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
Looks like Mayweather always had a lot of hair, it was just the hairline thinning out and receding and the top being weak which is common for men.

floyd-mayweather-mini-afro-released-from-jail-the-jasmine-brand.png

article-2187880-1487C921000005DC-923_634x632.jpg

article-2187880-1487C91D000005DC-358_634x631.jpg

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Looks like Mayweather always had a lot of hair, it was just the hairline thinning out and receding and the top being weak which is common for men.

floyd-mayweather-mini-afro-released-from-jail-the-jasmine-brand.png

article-2187880-1487C921000005DC-923_634x632.jpg

article-2187880-1487C91D000005DC-358_634x631.jpg
Yea but you gotta remember that was almost 10 years ago his hairline for sure went back more as his temples too. But you see his donor was strong which means he was gonna be a good candidate for a hair transplant whenever he was ready to get one

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
Yea but you gotta remember that was almost 10 years ago his hairline for sure went back more as his temples too. But you see his donor was strong which means he was gonna be a good candidate for a hair transplant whenever he was ready to get one
yup another thing i noticed about Floyd is that he doesn't get fades/the sides taped up. Seems more like preference but it would look way better and modern lol