FUE Hair Transplant (official thread)

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
I didn’t mean that it would prevent the previous hair from balding, but that the transplanted hair would be there already, that way you won’t be totally bald if native hair was to go from there.

I didn’t really know about the whole over harvesting thing, so I was thinking do they just end up putting more grafts where you have your transplant or do they just put more grafts in other areas they think might bald, that way like you said if it does bald, you will still have some hair instead of having less.

I understand now. Thanks breh.
Yes, the transplanted hair is there to stay once it settles in and grows fully. Its the old original hair you have to worry about if you are still not finished balding. That is why the clinics usually recommend you to wait until your balding pattern has finished/stabilized so they can use the harvested grafts efficiently and place them where they are needed.

This is also the main reason why people's results vary. There are several variables at play:
- The severity of the balding pattern.
- The quality of donor area. The more hair -> more grafts to harvest -> more bald area can be covered.
- Natural hair strand thickness. The thicker, the easier it is to cover surface area, all other things constant. Thicker hair also hides the harvested donor area a lot easier.
- Surgeon's skill and experience.
- How much care is taken by the patient post-surgery to ensure maximum return on investment.
- Luck.

Last edited:

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Yes, the transplanted hair is there to stay once it settles in and grows fully. Its the old original hair you have to worry about if you are still not finished balding. That is why the clinics usually recommend you to wait until your balding pattern has finished/stabilized so they can use the harvested grafts efficiently and place them where they are needed.

This is also the main reason why people's results vary. There are several variables at play:
- The severity of the balding pattern.
- The quality of donor area. The more hair -> more grafts to harvest -> more bald area can be covered.
- Natural hair strand thickness. The thicker, the easier it is to cover surface area, all other things constant. Thicker hair also hides the harvested donor area a lot easier.
- Surgeon's skill and experience.
- How much care is taken by the patient post-surgery to ensure maximum return on investment.
- Luck.
Yeah, it was manly a question about brehs that might not get the whole head done and wanted to prevent or at least lessen the chance of going totally bald somewhere else when they get older.

I was thinking if they do over harvest, why not get it all on the top of your head because what if you lose hair that wasn’t transplanted and instead of having an area go totally bald in the future and coming back for another procedure, you just get the whole head done, and if you do have to go back in the future there will be less grafts you need.

Where you plan on getting yours done at breh?

Mr. Glass

All Star
Supporter
Daps
My day is almost upon us Brehs...

I'm scheduled to get my procedure done on 1/29 by Dr. Mohebi in Encino, CA. It'll be like 1100-1400 grafts, all for the hairline and corners. Honestly, my shyt isn't even bad, but I want my shyt on Paul George's level. I model and act, so I need my shyt as perfect as possible. I had lots of crown balding like 5 years ago, but I've been on Fin and Rogaine since then, and my shyt has filled in real nice and dark. This FUE is just the final touch.

I decided on Mohebi because I didn't want to go overseas during the pandemic, and he's worked on some celebs. He did Kenny Lofton, and he wants me as Breh to do a video after and shout out his spot, but I won't lol. I feel very comfortable with him because he did a free trial transplant on me to test if I'd keloid (I got a keloid on my ear in high school from piercing it). We waited 4 months after that trial transplant to see if anything developed, and nothing happened, so I'm good. Him recommending we do the trial is what sold me. I met with other doctors but didn't get the calm cool vibe he was giving off.

Shoutout to all the Brehs hooking their hairlines up.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water

I'm scheduled to get my procedure done on 1/29 by Dr. Mohebi in Encino, CA. It'll be like 1100-1400 grafts, all for the hairline and corners. Honestly, my shyt isn't even bad, but I want my shyt on Paul George's level. I model and act, so I need my shyt as perfect as possible. I had lots of crown balding like 5 years ago, but I've been on Fin and Rogaine since then, and my shyt has filled in real nice and dark. This FUE is just the final touch.

I decided on Mohebi because I didn't want to go overseas during the pandemic, and he's worked on some celebs. He did Kenny Lofton, and he wants me as Breh to do a video after and shout out his spot, but I won't lol. I feel very comfortable with him because he did a free trial transplant on me to test if I'd keloid (I got a keloid on my ear in high school from piercing it). We waited 4 months after that trial transplant to see if anything developed, and nothing happened, so I'm good. Him recommending we do the trial is what sold me. I met with other doctors but didn't get the calm cool vibe he was giving off.

How much yours cost

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps

Are you getting your crown touched up too?

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
What clinics are good?

Hair Of Instanbul-but they charge 5500 for the procedure

Dr Cinik- They charge 2500 for the procedure

Asli Tarcan- They charge 1700 for the procedure

Best thing to do is download WhatsApp contact them and they will ask you to send pictures and y’all will go from there,if you are too bald HOI will not even attempt to help you.

Most people that’s black choose Asli Tarcan due to the huge black clientele they’ve amassed