FUE Hair Transplant (official thread)

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I specifically asked about minoxidil and finasteride and my liaison with Asli Tarcan told me not to take anything as I wouldn’t need to.

Asli did full coverage of my head from crown to hairline. I had some thin spots on my crown and I wasn’t done receding yet fully as i’m only late 20s, but they still did full coverage of my head i’m guessing to anticipate future hair loss.
Wait, so how does that work if you grow your hair out? Can they just simply add more hair to your current hair with no problem?

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
For the brehs who have a hair transplant or are planning to get one. Are you going to take Propecia? Are you taking it now? I read that you're going to need Propecia to stop losing your native hair. Otherwise, you're going to have to get further transplants in the future.

Anybody here taking propecia? Side effects?

4th year on Propecia + Minox. No side effects, dikk still hard as a rock. :dame:

Cant speak for others tho :yeshrug:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
But you're going to be continuing to lose your native hair though.
From what I understand this isn't true, transplanted hairs are permanent and your recession hairs can be mapped out to certain areas depending on genetics. Most people only thin from the middle not sides. My brother did this a year ago and he was recommended to wait a few years of recession in order to have it. He started receding at 22 got it done at 29.

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Think about it. If you are experiencing hair loss, that hair loss will continue after your transplant to your native hair. I'm not sure how it works for the transplanted hair.
True but it’s a marathon not a race. If ya other hair start to go it won’t be overnight so you’ll see it and you may need a second surgery but the fact you can get your hairline and hair back is amazing. So your best bet is contact the clinics they do a good job of answering whatever concerns you may have

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
From what I understand this isn't true, transplanted hairs are permanent and your recession hairs can be mapped out to certain areas depending on genetics. Most people only thin from the middle not sides. My brother did this a year ago and he was recommended to wait a few years of recession in order to have it. He started receding at 22 got it done at 29.
This is true

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
Wait, so how does that work if you grow your hair out? Can they just simply add more hair to your current hair with no problem?
:huh:I don’t know what you’re asking. Peep the pics i posted of myself. My hair was thin and bald by my temples, so they added grafts from the back and sides of my head. Grafts contain 2 or 3 and sometimes 4 individual hairs. These hairs transferred from the back and into the recipient area and grow just like they would normally.

How they fit the grafts into the follicles and technicalities of the procedures... I don’t know. I do know the hair isn’t affected by DHT so it’s permanent and they implant hair into thin spots as well so even if u lose thinning hair, you still have the grafts there.

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps

If you're experiencing hair loss, you will continue to experience hair loss after a transplant to your native hair (not the transplanted hair).

Balla

Superstar
Daps
:huh:I don’t know what you’re asking. Peep the pics i posted of myself. My hair was thin and bald by my temples, so they added grafts from the back and sides of my head. Grafts contain 2 or 3 and sometimes 4 individual hairs. These hairs transferred from the back and into the recipient area and grow just like they would normally.

How they fit the grafts into the follicles and technicalities of the procedures... I don’t know. I do know the hair isn’t affected by DHT so it’s permanent and they implant hair into thin spots as well so even if u lose thinning hair, you still have the grafts there.
My bad, what I was asking was can they just add hair to grown out hair or does it have to be cut low before they can add the hair?

I ain’t get a chance to look at the pics yet.

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
My bad, what I was asking was can they just add hair to grown out hair or does it have to be cut low before they can add the hair?

I ain’t get a chance to look at the pics yet.
ohhh gotcha.

if you look at Asli Tarcan’s IG page like 90% get their heads shaved. I’m pretty sure it’s just easier to operate with a shaved head for the technicians. But before they cut your head, they need to see what you have and they take pictures of your head for themselves.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
The first pic is about a week of hair growth before I went to Turkey and is an actual picture I sent to Asli. My hair is actually pretty thick in my donor when grown out and I went to Asli with about 2 months of hair growth to show them how thick my hair gets.

The second picture is 4 months after Asli. Only 4 months. No hair fibers, No bigen. This picture is about 1 week and a half after a hair cut. I just ask my barber to trim it down with scissors and taper the sides. As u can see my donor is still recovering some, but all in all I’m very satisfied and think my donor will make a full recovery.

Look at my corner and temples now vs where it was 4 months ago.... and I still have ~8 months of hair thickening and growth to go.

my skin even looks better because i’ve been drinking a bunch of water and taking a multivitamin.

EDIT: damn I was down bad :damn:

look at me now tho:myman:
Good shyt!! Looks great!!