FUE Hair Transplant (official thread)

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Then do you. Just don't talk down on women in the process and make sure they don't put your new hair too close to your eyebrows.
Also most of the time hair transplants are about getting back what you had in the past (a full hairline), not about getting something you never had (like a phat booty). But it dont make much of a difference. I've dated women w bbls. As long as you're happy.

Last edited:

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Using your own fat is no different than using your own hair.

Ya'll just want to justify your own vanity.

You baldies aren't happy that you hit the wall and want to turn back time.
I've never talked down on women having cosmetic procedures, everyone only has one life to live so do whatever you want.

But a hair transplant is clearly a restorative cosmetic procedure - returning hair to areas of the scalp where hair once was. A BBL is clearly not a restorative procedure. It's not even a matter of turning back time with a BBL, it's creating something that wasn't originally there.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Using your own fat is no different than using your own hair.

Ya'll just want to justify your own vanity.

You baldies aren't happy that you hit the wall and want to turn back time.
That's completely false.

You had a full head of hair, you lost it.

that's not like never having had t*ts or an ass or lips and filling yourself with silicone or moving things around.

It's much closer to a woman who lost her breast to cancer getting surgery to put it back.

Literally NOBODY talks down on that.

Just the fakes that never had it, like you, apparently :pachaha:

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
That's completely false.

You had a full head of hair, you lost it.

that's not like never having had t*ts or an ass or lips and filling yourself with silicone or moving things around.

It's much closer to a woman who lost her breast to cancer getting surgery to put it back.

Literally NOBODY talks down on that.

Just the fakes that never had it, like you, apparently :pachaha:
And once the wall hits you no longer have it. Your new hairline wasn't meant to be there. It's fake. You're no better than anybody else who does things for vanity.

Why not just accept that god wants you too be bald? Being bald is not a life threatening situation like cancer. Lol You tried it. You got a BBL on your head. Live you're truth Nikki.

Bigsuk

Tha realest n***a
Daps
Realised never updated the brehs on this…

TLDR: Took Oral min for 14 months in total.
FOR ME PERSONALLY it didn’t work for me like topical sadly - that’s not to say it won’t work for you! There are plenty who take oral min and bounce back.
Tried both 2.5mg and 5mg before throwing in the towel - No sides not even any noticeable excess body hair growth but also no regrowth on the scalp.
As of this week I returned to Topical Minoxidil and quit 5mg OM.

Oral Min timeline:
2.5mg for 6 months
5mg for 8 months.

Had overlapped it with topical 5% for like 2/3 weeks then tossed it. I thought I’m on the holy grail oral min I’m good :mjgrin:

6 months in the results were missing…What I had on topical was gone…I was being patient and thought ah must be a shed which I was anticipating but yeah 6 months with no sign of regrowth? Hmmm.:damn:

Ended up sourcing it elsewhere for a shyt load cheaper and at a higher dosage due to lack of results…200 Pills for $30 shout out Thailand.:salute:

So at 6 months - I’m on 5mg after being patient and hesitating to up the dose but shyt I want results. :noah:

Fast forward to this week, I finally give up the fight…14 months in and 0 regrowth. I ain’t even get back what I lost when I switched.:huhldup:

What I will say the convenience was amazing popping a pill. Not worrying about waiting for hair to dry or getting an itchy scalp etc.
That’s the life man!
And I had 0 noticeable side effects from taking it, so if it worked for me shyt would’ve been perfect.

I’m now to using topical and hoping to be more consistent with dermastamping.

If my previous experience on topical is something to go by I should get some decent regrowth by spring/summer.:unimpressed:

My unscientific theory’s as to why Oral Min didn’t work for me:

1) My hair follicles prefer minxodil being applied directly and the amount of minoxidil circulating my blood stream just wasn’t enough.

Compared to being on topical and putting it directly on my scalp and therefore were basically feeling underdosed.

As technically if using 1ml of 5% twice per day, you’re applying 50-100mg directly to where it’s needed…Although not all of that is absorbed and used but still quite a high concentration.

Low levels of SULT1A1 in liver compared to my hair follicles.

2) So in short minoxidil needs to be converted to minoxidil sulphate, which is done by enzyme SULT1A1.

This is why Topical Minoxidil doesn’t work for some people as they don’t have sufficient levels in their hair follicles, and thus it doesn’t get converted leading to poor to no results.
And why Oral is said to be more likely to work for more people as it gets metabolised and converted in the liver before entering the blood stream to where it’s needed…And doesn’t rely on it being present in the blood stream.

Maybe I just have low levels in the liver and it’s not being converted as well as it was in the scalp.

3) I just have very bad luck and that’s my life.

4) It was a lesson in - “If it’s not broken don’t fix it”…Topical worked for me but the laziness in me wanted an easier option. So I switched thinking the grass is greener on the other side and found it’s definitely not.
And should’ve just had my cake and ate it.
The 14 months I wasted on oral instead of sticking with topical, could’ve had me looking like a member of the young Jackson 5.

4) In my case maybe a higher dosage might have done the trick but you have to remember the higher the dosage…The more sides you are more likely to experience and you’re out of the “low dose” territory.
I could’ve tried 10mg next but that’s more risky and for all I know could’ve been a waste of time too for me.

My advice:
If you’re a a true non responder to topical minoxidil…Go for it try oral it might work for you and get you back in the hair game!

If topical actually works for you…Stick with it unless you absolutely cant be consistent with applying or you’re having allergic reactions to it…in which case I’d try the foam or another brand, and if still the case or unsuitable go give oral a go.

The key lesson I learnt here is the grass isn’t always greener on the other side :sadbron:

Just my 2c

I’ve seen some amazing results from oral like I have topical! Not a one size fits all and different things work for different people.

Maybe I’ll give oral minoxidil a go one day again and try see if down the road I could make it work for me…

However right now ima use what I know works for me, I went through this summer with a missing hairline I ain’t doing that again next summer.

We getting right in 2024:youngsabo:
That’s wild that oral min didn’t work for u , the way people hype it up it’s like you turn into a werewolf after taking it so long …. the hardest things to regrow back is your temples /hairline …. Once they start to fade it’s extremely difficult to regrow them even when you’re on fin or min…. Dermarolling
And min combined seems to help somewhat…

Bigsuk

Tha realest n***a
Daps
And once the wall hits you no longer have it. Your new hairline wasn't meant to be there. It's fake. You're no better than anybody else who does things for vanity.

Why not just accept that god wants you to be bald? Being bald is not a life threatening situation like cancer. Lol You tried it. You got a BBL on your head. Live your truth Nikki.
It’s not the end of the world but some just like having hair I mean as a man it can effect one’s confidence when they had a great head of hair or good hairline then start seeing it disappear before your very eyes lol :bryan:

LuuqMaan

Superstar
Daps
For those who got it done in Turkey, don’t you need to go keep going back for it?

Apparently to make sure shyt is going great.

Bigsuk

Tha realest n***a
Daps
For those who got it done in Turkey, don’t you need to go keep going back for it?

Apparently to make sure shyt is going great.
U still need to be on medication tho for it to look and stay looking good …. Cats have idea that as soon as they had a hair transplant problem solved that just isn’t the case ….

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps

Why not just accept that god wants you too be bald? Being bald is not a life threatening situation like cancer. Lol You tried it. You got a BBL on your head. Live you're truth Nikki.
So, should women who lose their breasts just accept that "God didn't want them to have boobs?" :stopitslime:

Again, nobody shyts on women for replacing things that were there, but were lost due to illness

People complain about women filling themselves with silicone and saline and walking around looking like cartoon characters or getting crazy nose jobs and shyt like that.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got mine done on Friday, opted to get it done locally in the states from a vetted practice instead of going overseas or to DR/Colombia. Would have spent alot less if I opted for the latter but I had no desire to go outside of the country and deal with all that and seeing the state of the back of my head I couldn't deal with being in an airport and a long flight home with my shyt all bandaged up and bleeding. I just had the front of my hairline done and the corners since they've been fading out for the past year. Brutal ass process but the area where they took the grafts from is healing pretty quickly, only problem is I got mine on a Friday so I have to wait until Monday for them to do and show me the hairwash process. Looks good initially but of course I gotta see how it holds up over time.

Kasper KArr

Go-getter from the Lower East Side
Daps
Got mine done on Friday, opted to get it done locally in the states from a vetted practice instead of going overseas or to DR/Colombia. Would have spent alot less if I opted for the latter but I had no desire to go outside of the country and deal with all that and seeing the state of the back of my head I couldn't deal with being in an airport and a long flight home with my shyt all bandaged up and bleeding. I just had the front of my hairline done and the corners since they've been fading out for the past year. Brutal ass process but the area where they took the grafts from is healing pretty quickly, only problem is I got mine on a Friday so I have to wait until Monday for them to do and show me the hairwash process. Looks good initially but of course I gotta see how it holds up over time.
Nice. I hope you recover well. Where did you do it since you said locally and how much you dropped?