FUE Hair Transplant (official thread)

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Its much cheaper in Turkey. I'm still doing research.Cenetario mall is in Columbia?
Yes in Cali Colombia.

I could just to find the name of the spot. There's another spot in Pacific Mall. There's all kinds of Plastic surgury spots in Pacific Mall. Kanye got this teeth fixed at one dental spots at the Mall.

Obviously the procedures don't happen at the Malls that's just the offices the actual hospital is across the street.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes in Cali Colombia.

I could just to find the name of the spot. There's another spot in Pacific Mall. There's all kinds of Plastic surgury spots in Pacific Mall. Kanye got this teeth fixed at one dental spots at the Mall.

Obviously the procedures don't happen at the Malls that's just the offices the actual hospital is across the street.
Thanks that's closer than Turkey. Will take a look their rates. Only problem is Colombia seem dangerous as fukk

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
One of the best transplants I've seen so far .:ehh:

This is inspirational. If I grow my hair back and the density is right I'm growing every hair style I can think of. I've watched brehs grow out their hair all this time while struggling with baldness. Its my time to shine

Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
Okay game time.

3 months of Oral Min arrived, about to pop my first capsule alongside fin.:lupe:

Sticking with topical for the foreseeable in conjunction, until I’m happy there’s no adverse side effects.

Lady I spoke to said I could quit topical straight away, but conflicting reports online.
Rather just gradually come off, still got a bottle and half left to go through.

A shed might be inventible so might be a rough winter lmao

DwkHxyi.jpg
Realised never updated the brehs on this…

TLDR: Took Oral min for 14 months in total.
FOR ME PERSONALLY it didn’t work for me like topical sadly - that’s not to say it won’t work for you! There are plenty who take oral min and bounce back.
Tried both 2.5mg and 5mg before throwing in the towel - No sides not even any noticeable excess body hair growth but also no regrowth on the scalp.
As of this week I returned to Topical Minoxidil and quit 5mg OM.

Oral Min timeline:
2.5mg for 6 months
5mg for 8 months.

Had overlapped it with topical 5% for like 2/3 weeks then tossed it. I thought I’m on the holy grail oral min I’m good :mjgrin:

6 months in the results were missing…What I had on topical was gone…I was being patient and thought ah must be a shed which I was anticipating but yeah 6 months with no sign of regrowth? Hmmm.:damn:

Ended up sourcing it elsewhere for a shyt load cheaper and at a higher dosage due to lack of results…200 Pills for $30 shout out Thailand.:salute:

So at 6 months - I’m on 5mg after being patient and hesitating to up the dose but shyt I want results. :noah:

Fast forward to this week, I finally give up the fight…14 months in and 0 regrowth. I ain’t even get back what I lost when I switched.:huhldup:

What I will say the convenience was amazing popping a pill. Not worrying about waiting for hair to dry or getting an itchy scalp etc.
That’s the life man!
And I had 0 noticeable side effects from taking it, so if it worked for me shyt would’ve been perfect.

I’m now to using topical and hoping to be more consistent with dermastamping.

If my previous experience on topical is something to go by I should get some decent regrowth by spring/summer.:unimpressed:

My unscientific theory’s as to why Oral Min didn’t work for me:

1) My hair follicles prefer minxodil being applied directly and the amount of minoxidil circulating my blood stream just wasn’t enough.

Compared to being on topical and putting it directly on my scalp and therefore were basically feeling underdosed.

As technically if using 1ml of 5% twice per day, you’re applying 50-100mg directly to where it’s needed…Although not all of that is absorbed and used but still quite a high concentration.

Low levels of SULT1A1 in liver compared to my hair follicles.

2) So in short minoxidil needs to be converted to minoxidil sulphate, which is done by enzyme SULT1A1.

This is why Topical Minoxidil doesn’t work for some people as they don’t have sufficient levels in their hair follicles, and thus it doesn’t get converted leading to poor to no results.
And why Oral is said to be more likely to work for more people as it gets metabolised and converted in the liver before entering the blood stream to where it’s needed…And doesn’t rely on it being present in the blood stream.

Maybe I just have low levels in the liver and it’s not being converted as well as it was in the scalp.

3) I just have very bad luck and that’s my life.

4) It was a lesson in - “If it’s not broken don’t fix it”…Topical worked for me but the laziness in me wanted an easier option. So I switched thinking the grass is greener on the other side and found it’s definitely not.
And should’ve just had my cake and ate it.
The 14 months I wasted on oral instead of sticking with topical, could’ve had me looking like a member of the young Jackson 5.

4) In my case maybe a higher dosage might have done the trick but you have to remember the higher the dosage…The more sides you are more likely to experience and you’re out of the “low dose” territory.
I could’ve tried 10mg next but that’s more risky and for all I know could’ve been a waste of time too for me.

My advice:
If you’re a a true non responder to topical minoxidil…Go for it try oral it might work for you and get you back in the hair game!

If topical actually works for you…Stick with it unless you absolutely cant be consistent with applying or you’re having allergic reactions to it…in which case I’d try the foam or another brand, and if still the case or unsuitable go give oral a go.

The key lesson I learnt here is the grass isn’t always greener on the other side :sadbron:

Just my 2c

I’ve seen some amazing results from oral like I have topical! Not a one size fits all and different things work for different people.

Maybe I’ll give oral minoxidil a go one day again and try see if down the road I could make it work for me…

However right now ima use what I know works for me, I went through this summer with a missing hairline I ain’t doing that again next summer.

We getting right in 2024:youngsabo:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Realised never updated the brehs on this…

TLDR: Took Oral min for 14 months in total.
FOR ME PERSONALLY it didn’t work for me like topical sadly - that’s not to say it won’t work for you! There are plenty who take oral min and bounce back.
Tried both 2.5mg and 5mg before throwing in the towel - No sides not even any noticeable excess body hair growth but also no regrowth on the scalp.
As of this week I returned to Topical Minoxidil and quit 5mg OM.

Oral Min timeline:
2.5mg for 6 months
5mg for 8 months.

Had overlapped it with topical 5% for like 2/3 weeks then tossed it. I thought I’m on the holy grail oral min I’m good :mjgrin:

6 months in the results were missing…What I had on topical was gone…I was being patient and thought ah must be a shed which I was anticipating but yeah 6 months with no sign of regrowth? Hmmm.:damn:

Ended up sourcing it elsewhere for a shyt load cheaper and at a higher dosage due to lack of results…200 Pills for $30 shout out Thailand.:salute:

So at 6 months - I’m on 5mg after being patient and hesitating to up the dose but shyt I want results. :noah:

Fast forward to this week, I finally give up the fight…14 months in and 0 regrowth. I ain’t even get back what I lost when I switched.:huhldup:

What I will say the convenience was amazing popping a pill. Not worrying about waiting for hair to dry or getting an itchy scalp etc.
That’s the life man!
And I had 0 noticeable side effects from taking it, so if it worked for me shyt would’ve been perfect.

I’m now to using topical and hoping to be more consistent with dermastamping.

If my previous experience on topical is something to go by I should get some decent regrowth by spring/summer.:unimpressed:

My unscientific theory’s as to why Oral Min didn’t work for me:

1) My hair follicles prefer minxodil being applied directly and the amount of minoxidil circulating my blood stream just wasn’t enough.

Compared to being on topical and putting it directly on my scalp and therefore were basically feeling underdosed.

As technically if using 1ml of 5% twice per day, you’re applying 50-100mg directly to where it’s needed…Although not all of that is absorbed and used but still quite a high concentration.

Low levels of SULT1A1 in liver compared to my hair follicles.

2) So in short minoxidil needs to be converted to minoxidil sulphate, which is done by enzyme SULT1A1.

This is why Topical Minoxidil doesn’t work for some people as they don’t have sufficient levels in their hair follicles, and thus it doesn’t get converted leading to poor to no results.
And why Oral is said to be more likely to work for more people as it gets metabolised and converted in the liver before entering the blood stream to where it’s needed…And doesn’t rely on it being present in the blood stream.

Maybe I just have low levels in the liver and it’s not being converted as well as it was in the scalp.

3) I just have very bad luck and that’s my life.

4) It was a lesson in - “If it’s not broken don’t fix it”…Topical worked for me but the laziness in me wanted an easier option. So I switched thinking the grass is greener on the other side and found it’s definitely not.
And should’ve just had my cake and ate it.
The 14 months I wasted on oral instead of sticking with topical, could’ve had me looking like a member of the young Jackson 5.

4) In my case maybe a higher dosage might have done the trick but you have to remember the higher the dosage…The more sides you are more likely to experience and you’re out of the “low dose” territory.
I could’ve tried 10mg next but that’s more risky and for all I know could’ve been a waste of time too for me.

My advice:
If you’re a a true non responder to topical minoxidil…Go for it try oral it might work for you and get you back in the hair game!

If topical actually works for you…Stick with it unless you absolutely cant be consistent with applying or you’re having allergic reactions to it…in which case I’d try the foam or another brand, and if still the case or unsuitable go give oral a go.

The key lesson I learnt here is the grass isn’t always greener on the other side :sadbron:

Just my 2c

I’ve seen some amazing results from oral like I have topical! Not a one size fits all and different things work for different people.

Maybe I’ll give oral minoxidil a go one day again and try see if down the road I could make it work for me…

However right now ima use what I know works for me, I went through this summer with a missing hairline I ain’t doing that again next summer.

We getting right in 2024:youngsabo:
Thanks. Imma stick with topical. This was my worry about switching and why I never did it

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I been talking about my surgery for years
No one is ashamed of it. I look great.

Ya'll just don't wanna admit you're just like the woman you talk so much shyt about.

It's PS and wigs for men now. It's okay sis we can share tips. :funny:
Getting your hair back from your own donor hairs is not like getting a fake ass... This is the closest fix to cure male pattern baldness. You on the other hand are just not happy with what you had. It's a false equivalency you presenting here.

Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
So you gonna be applying minoxidil for the rest of your life? What's the end goals with you dudes?. This ain't a fix
Yeah if it continues working…I’m going to brush my teeth for the rest of my life, to keep my teeth.

So if I have to apply minoxidil to keep my hair then so be it.

Ideally rather take a pill daily but it ain’t work for me so that’s the next best thing for now.

A hair transplant isn’t a “fix” either :yeshrug:
Still gotta maintain the non transplanted hair too.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Getting your hair back from your own donor hairs is not like getting a fake ass... This is the closest fix to cure male pattern baldness. You on the other hand are just not happy with what you had. It's a false equivalency you presenting here.
Using your own fat is no different than using your own hair.

Ya'll just want to justify your own vanity.

You baldies aren't happy that you hit the wall and want to turn back time.