FUE Hair Transplant (official thread)

ChiefKenji

Lord Cuts
Daps
Reppin
Spazz
Without giving your clinic away, can you say who you recommend and wouldn’t recommend to go to in general?
Wouldnt recommend any clinic where they have ninjas doing the most for promotion on instagram and clinics who dont show the donor area on the after photos.

Would go for clinics recommended without pushy nature and proper honest consultations with realistic graft amount needed for your problem area.

A tad lower or straighter line is not 5k grafts for example.

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
So if they get multiple surgeries then they wouldn’t really have to take meds right? Because they are essentially filling in spots each time they go.

Let me know if that’s correct.

TBH, that sounds like a better deal than taking meds. Way more expensive but at least you know you won’t have to take meds for life and your body will be straight.

Even if someone loses hair behind the line, buzz that shyt. It’s better to have a line than none at all IMO.
Yes that's the general idea that's ill-advised by most hair doctors. All surgeries come with risk. The specific risk for HT is failed transplantation or even infection which leads to failed transplantation. Then that's your donor area harvested. So you have to be very careful when selecting a doctor.

Not everyone is a good candidate let alone a great candidate for HT. Some men only have enough donor hair for one surgery. Anything more and they risk over-extraction.

There are also men with retrograde alopecia, so they lose hair everywhere including the back of the head/neck area. This is the worst type of hair loss with relatively poor hair transplant outcomes.

I don't mean to sound all doom and gloom. Hair transplants are a great treatment that restores confidence in men. But I would highly suggest thinking about what your hair will look like 5 years from now.

Also, if you just want to lower your hairline and you're not thinning anywhere else you would look into hair systems. They're unrecognisable to the untrained eye and you would use a smaller unit attached to your hairline.

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Nah faded Tarcan. Heard they overharvest the back of the head frequently and I dont fw that.

I want to solve a problem, not shift a problem.

No drugs for me fam. Just straight procedures and prayers lol.

I do heard that most of the brothers go to Dr.Caymaz and Hair of Istanbul nowadays. I would go to them aswell if I didnt had one at a private clinic i got reffered into (cant name them, they didnt pay me u feel me).

Im just over 1 month now myself, cant believe i did it. Everything looks the same as it did prior to the transplant. Ill update proper when i am at 6 months or notice proper growth. I had a norwood 4.

If you doubting, just join the Facebook group, lots of brothers and sisters supporting eachother there.
I joined that fb group and lots of ppl are recommending Asli…thing is, I’m a Norwood 7 so I really need to pick the right place. I’d probably need two HT.

ChiefKenji

Lord Cuts
Daps
Reppin
Spazz
I joined that fb group and lots of ppl are recommending Asli…thing is, I’m a Norwood 7 so I really need to pick the right place. I’d probably need two HT.
Yeah with norwood 7 you are eligible for Asli Tarcan for sure. Max grafts is what you need. My concerns is mainly cause of the fact that Asli does not want to focus on howmany grafts they have to take per patient. This way they can have a dedicated team to perform max grafts whenever on whoever on a daily schedule without any extra procedures and thoughts to it. Thats what a hair mill does.

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Yeah with norwood 7 you are eligible for Asli Tarcan for sure. Max grafts is what you need. My concerns is mainly cause of the fact that Asli does not want to focus on howmany grafts they have to take per patient. This way they can have a dedicated team to perform max grafts whenever on whoever on a daily schedule without any extra procedures and thoughts to it. Thats what a hair mill does.
Gotcha. So in my situation Asli would be fine? As opposed to someone who only needed a lower hairline or less grafts?

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
My hairline pushed back and the top is about 20% lighter compared to the sides. I'm probably between a Norwood 2.5-3. I might hop on this by the summer. Or should I wait til fall. I really want my hair thicker on top again. Fibers do the trick right now but nobody trying to sprinkle fibers on their hairline and line it up every day lol.

ChiefKenji

Lord Cuts
Daps
Reppin
Spazz
Gotcha. So in my situation Asli would be fine? As opposed to someone who only needed a lower hairline or less grafts?
Yeah you straight, thats where Asli shines the most anyways and im confident you know what you are getting yourself into ofcourse. And if it doesnt work out the way you wanted, you can always go back to the baldy u feel me

ChiefKenji

Lord Cuts
Daps
Reppin
Spazz
My hairline pushed back and the top is about 20% lighter compared to the sides. I'm probably between a Norwood 2.5-3. I might hop on this by the summer. Or should I wait til fall. I really want my hair thicker on top again. Fibers do the trick right now but nobody trying to sprinkle fibers on their hairline and line it up every day lol.
Depends how old are you, i turn 31 in march and i was nw4.

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
Depends how old are you, i turn 31 in march and i was nw4.
I'll be 33 this spring. But I don't know if the hair loss is over. My line receding started around 21-22 to about 28 when it stopped. But the thinning on the hairline and the top started around 29-30 I say.

I've been using Tea Tree oil this past month and I must say, my hair appears to be filling in where the thin spots are. But I still want my line a bit lower again, it's too high for my liking even if the thinning was reversed.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Okay game time.

3 months of Oral Min arrived, about to pop my first capsule alongside fin.:lupe:

Sticking with topical for the foreseeable in conjunction, until I’m happy there’s no adverse side effects.

Lady I spoke to said I could quit topical straight away, but conflicting reports online.
Rather just gradually come off, still got a bottle and half left to go through.

A shed might be inventible so might be a rough winter lmao

DwkHxyi.jpg
How is this working for you so far?

ChiefKenji

Lord Cuts
Daps
Reppin
Spazz
I'll be 33 this spring. But I don't know if the hair loss is over. My line receding started around 21-22 to about 28 when it stopped. But the thinning on the hairline and the top started around 29-30 I say.

I've been using Tea Tree oil this past month and I must say, my hair appears to be filling in where the thin spots are. But I still want my line a bit lower again, it's too high for my liking even if the thinning was reversed.
Just go for it bro, life is too short to be thinking in what ifs. You have a chance to re-enter your prime you. Your age makes you a perfect candidate anyways

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Yes that's the general idea that's ill-advised by most hair doctors. All surgeries come with risk. The specific risk for HT is failed transplantation or even infection which leads to failed transplantation. Then that's your donor area harvested. So you have to be very careful when selecting a doctor.

Not everyone is a good candidate let alone a great candidate for HT. Some men only have enough donor hair for one surgery. Anything more and they risk over-extraction.

There are also men with retrograde alopecia, so they lose hair everywhere including the back of the head/neck area. This is the worst type of hair loss with relatively poor hair transplant outcomes.

I don't mean to sound all doom and gloom. Hair transplants are a great treatment that restores confidence in men. But I would highly suggest thinking about what your hair will look like 5 years from now.

Also, if you just want to lower your hairline and you're not thinning anywhere else you would look into hair systems. They're unrecognisable to the untrained eye and you would use a smaller unit attached to your hairline.
A unit attached to your line? I didn’t even know they had that.

If you got a transplant, where did you go and how was it? and if you’re taking meds, any sides?

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Yeah, a frontal unit.

If you got a transplant, where did you go and how was it? and if you’re taking meds, any sides?
No, I use minoxidil and finasteride. No, side effects other than scalp issues, but I already had dandruff/psoriasis issues to begin with. I'm 28 and my hair density is good enough, though my hair density is starting to get lighter and curlier.

I will have to look into frontal units more seriously as my hairline is really my only issue, it's on life support and by the end of the year it'll be terminal.

Action Mike

All praise..
Daps
You went to Tarcan in Turkey? Do you take drugs?

I’ll be 100% honest. I can’t really fukk with the drugs. Reading about the sides and some people saying they shyt not working makes me not even wanna try it.

Then I hear rogaine ages your skin.

Why can’t things just be simple?

:snoop::snoop:
Most likely you'll need to take drugs like fin etc to maintain the hair, that and the fact I've had non turkey clinics (they'll take anyone) tell me you'll always have to opted me out

As always depends on the person, but if your crown is going or gone be prepared to pop those pills for life

Last edited: