FUE Hair Transplant (official thread)

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
FIn and minox are nowhere near a transplant. Fin only prevents further damage, it doesnt reverse time. Minox can only regrow existing follicles. If follicles in a particular area are dead and gone, no amount of minox is gonna make them reappear. A transplant does everything minox and fin cant. The reason why they recommend it after a transplant is to ensure you keep the non-transplant hair that already existed pre-surgery since you cant tell for sure if your balding has finished completely.
Hey have my appointment next week but been doing research and had a question. Would it be better to just use min+ fin instead of the transplant because more than likely you will have to use min + fin post surgery anyhow?

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Fin only prevents further damage

And even that depends on person by person. In my case fin slows down hair loss but it doesn't stop my hairline receding or my hair minaturizing. My hair looks somewhat decent considering I don't use mino cause of the potential skin issues.

Some people take a year or two to respond to Fin, and it flat out doesn't work for others.

I'm 29 now, so when I get a transplant next year I should be good

Bigsuk

Tha realest n***a
Daps
And even that depends on person by person. In my case fin slows down hair loss but it doesn't stop my hairline receding or my hair minaturizing. My hair looks somewhat decent considering I don't use mino cause of the potential skin issues.

Some people take a year or two to respond to Fin, and it flat out doesn't work for others.

But …. Even tho u get a hair transplant you do know you will still have to take fin or some Dht blocker for life basically….. don’t be fooled thinking that will stop hairloss …. Hairloss is for life … if U don’t take fin or some Dht blocker have u seen what could potentially happen …. Thick where you had the transplanted hair then thinner everywhere … looks stupid …. dealing with hairloss is a lifestyle u have to be proactive about it all the time ….never stops …

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

Daps

That is true, it depends on the dosage, the level of natural DHT on the individual, the quality of their follicles and how much damage has been done prior to jumping on it. For me it worked well for many years until I just got tired of the routine and the admin of always getting a prescription every 6 months. I just said fukk it and stopped cold turkey. Now I stay with a hat welded onto my head 24/7 since im lazy to shave all the time :francis:. The ultimate goal is to get a transplant but I need a full year and some months without any drugs to see the real extent of the balding.

Bigsuk

Tha realest n***a
Daps
That is true, it depends on the dosage, the level of natural DHT on the individual, the quality of their follicles and how much damage has been done prior to jumping on it. For me it worked well for many years until I just got tired of the routine and the admin of always getting a prescription every 6 months. I just said fukk it and stopped cold turkey. Now I stay with a hat welded onto my head 24/7 since im lazy to shave all the time :francis:. The ultimate goal is to get a transplant but I need a full year and months without any drugs to see the real extent of the balding.
You missing the point bro ….. even if u get a hair transplant you have to take some form of Dht blocker for life …. Yeah the bits that were transplanted might stick around for a long time but everywhere else will go thinner over time if u not taking anything to block Dht from attacking the hair ….. do your research bro look at some who had a hair transplant and thought that was it don’t need anything else … they end up needing another hair transplant down the line or the rest of there hair gets thin …. You need to be on fin for life basically if you want hair and like having hair …..hair transplant or no hair transplant….am 31 now … I’ve been on fin since I was 24/25 and I haven’t lost anymore hair in that time period just my hairline isn’t as strong as it once was since the hairline is so sensitive to Dht … but everywhere else is decent …. If I wasn’t taking fin I would probs be bald by now …..

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

Daps
You missing the point bro ….. even if u get a hair transplant you have to take some form of Dht blocker for life …. Yeah the bits that were transplanted might stick around for a long time but everywhere else will go thinner over time if u not taking anything to block Dht from attacking the hair ….. do your research bro look at some who had a hair transplant and thought that was it don’t need anything else … they end up needing another hair transplant down the line or the rest of there hair gets thin …. You need to be on fin for life basically if you want hair and like having hair …..hair transplant or no hair transplant….am 31 now … I’ve been on fin since I was 24/25 and I haven’t lost anymore hair in that time period just my hairline isn’t as strong as it once was since the hairline is so sensitive to Dht … but everywhere else is decent …. If I wasn’t taking fin I would probs be bald by now …..
Listen man, I hear you. I have done a crazy amount of research on this topic since 2016. I'm very aware of all the things you stated. Right now, I just want to see how far the natural recession has gone since I hopped on Fin and Minox years back. I know I will have to jump back on it after a transplant (if I have a successful one), but right now is time for me to get a break from all that worrying about hair and focus on other things.

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
But …. Even tho u get a hair transplant you do know you will still have to take fin or some Dht blocker for life basically….. don’t be fooled thinking that will stop hairloss …. Hairloss is for life … if U don’t take fin or some Dht blocker have u seen what could potentially happen …. Thick where you had the transplanted hair then thinner everywhere … looks stupid …. dealing with hairloss is a lifestyle u have to be proactive about it all the time ….never stops …

I was under the assumption everyone knew a hair transplant doesn't stop hair loss?

Yeah, I still plan to stay on fin. It's just now I know why some guys end up having 2-3 surgeries especially if they get a transplant in their early 20s.

Bigsuk

Tha realest n***a
Daps
I was under the assumption everyone knew a hair transplant doesn't stop hair loss?

Yeah, I still plan to stay on fin. It's just now I know why some guys end up having 2-3 surgeries especially if they get a transplant in their early 20s.
Yeah …. Seen it loads they think having a hair transplant then still not been proactive about it solves it which is why more times then often they need another 1 later down the line …… until there is a cure for baldness fin or some strong Dht blocker / nizorol/regenepure and minoxidil are the only 3 things in my opinion that work …..like I said on my own journey with hairloss I started noticing thinning at 24/25 … am 31 now taking fin everyday and on and off minoxidil and niz or regenepure dr … my hair is pretty thick now only thing is my hairline isn’t as strong as it was …. The hairline for some reason is so sensitive to Dht and hard to grow back ….. if my hairline gets bad or a lot worse I will probably consider a hair transplant later down the line …

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yeah …. Seen it loads they think having a hair transplant then still not been proactive about it solves it which is why more times then often they need another 1 later down the line …… until there is a cure for baldness fin or some strong Dht blocker / nizorol/regenepure and minoxidil are the only 3 things in my opinion that work …..like I said on my own journey with hairloss I started noticing thinning at 24/25 … am 31 now taking fin everyday and on and off minoxidil and niz or regenepure dr … my hair is pretty thick now only thing is my hairline isn’t as strong as it was …. The hairline for some reason is so sensitive to Dht and hard to grow back ….. if my hairline gets bad or a lot worse I will probably consider a hair transplant later down the line …
So what side effects have you noticed using fin and min?

Bigsuk

Tha realest n***a
Daps
So what side effects have you noticed using fin and min?
sometimes low energy levels from fin …none from minoxidil…. That’s about it … I know there is some sides nikkas get but that’s the only 1 I got ….

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
What Norwood are you?
Got the George Jefferson.

Includes airport transfers, city transfers, interpreter, breakfast, spa/fitness center, pill, Turkish hamam, sauna, all required medicines, 1 session prp treatment, first medical shampoo, foam, and spray.

Doesn't include lunch, dinner, massage, bar, and covid test.

Last edited:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
They say black people don't always have perfect blood circulation and may have to come back 8-12 months for a 2nd procedure 25% off.