Reppin
Latveria
8bdca528f8a649cc8fd2c35e0d49f97d

Captain Marvel is a pawg, she fukked Rhodey :mjpls:
He's dead because of her :mjpls:

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Ms marvel is cool to me, she has been for awhile.

The push on her being a face of marvel is kind of lame, as she was kind of going in that direction naturally but now she's pushed so hard it annoying.

my thing is, if you going hard at tweaking a single character for damn near 5-6 years straight and still haven't made any significant progress aside from some lame ass "carol corps" then maybe juuust maybe you give the one true Captain marvel, Monica :lawd:her rightful place at the head of the table.

youd accomplish all goals too, the SJW will be quiet, you'd continue the diversity push, and comic nerds would follow along as Monica is the better cap anyway.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
when was this?
In the 2000s when she was brought back. Especially during her New Avengers/Mighty Avengers days. People act like they forgot those days. Ever since then she was rising. Marvel unlike DC has a very big weakness when it comes to female heros, Carol was the only star back in the 2000s that was shining. But more importantly people forget that Carol always had a DEDICATED female fan base in COMICS! Especially during her Ms Marvel days. Like I said she earned her female spot. Just like T'Challa EARNED his spot as top black male hero in Marvel comics.

Edit:

IGNORE this post. I was a dumbass.

Last edited:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
First off calm down. Second Captain Marvel been EARNED her spot. And this was way before her movie push and the X-Men/Fox feud.

nah b

In the 2000s when she was brought back. Especially during her New Avengers/Mighty Avengers days. People act like they forgot those days. Ever since then she was rising. Marvel unlike DC has a very big weakness when it comes to female heros, Carol was the only star back in the 2000s that was shining. But more importantly people forget that Carol always had a DEDICATED female fan base in COMICS! Especially during her Ms Marvel days. Like I said she earned her female spot. Just like T'Challa EARNED his spot as top black male hero in Marvel comics.

she wasn't no shining star:camby:

I wouldn't say she was rising. I would say they kept pushing her and throwing shyt at the wall for her character to see if anything would stick. Broad went from having her own helicarrier+cast, to sword, to some carol corps shyt, etc etc. And ain't none of it stick. shyt Moonstone was a better/funner Marvel than Carol :pachaha:

Marvel doesn't have a weakness when it comes to female heroes. It only has a weakness movie wise, because it's best women are all mutants pretty much :skip:

all of this shyt is moot anyway. The movie ver will probably end up being the definitive ver of her, and the comic will take after it.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Show me a Marvel Earth female superhero that was on Carol's level when it came to the big leagues? I'll wait.

she wasn't no shining star:camby:
Compared to other female Marvel heros(which isn't saying much), she was...

I wouldn't say she was rising. I would say they kept pushing her and throwing shyt at the wall for her character to see if anything would stick
She actually had a long miniseries. Which is a rarity for Marvel females... Marvel was not just pushing her down people's throats. Again she had a dedicated fanbase unlike with most Marvel females.

. Broad went from having her own helicarrier+cast, to sword, to some carol corps shyt, etc etc. And ain't none of it stick. shyt Moonstone was a better/funner Marvel than Carol :pachaha:
This is just an opinion.

Marvel doesn't have a weakness when it comes to female heroes. It only has a weakness movie wise, because it's best women are all mutants pretty much :skip:

all of this shyt is moot anyway. The movie ver will probably end up being the definitive ver of her, and the comic will take after it.

Do you read comics? Yes Marvel DOES have a weakness when it comes to female superheros and it is constantly thrown in their faces. Their stories are not only weak around their females but most of their female superheros suck. Meanwhile DC has WW, Supergirl, Powergirl, Starfire, Batgirl, Harley Quinn(who every female cac LOVES), Raven and many more. Marvel can NOT compete.

And Marvel's best females are mutants? Don't say Storm because she fell off during the 90s. Jean Grey has been on and off absent. But more importantly NONE of the X-Men characters especially their women can survive on their own without the X-Men! Thats if their name is Wolverine... They tried it many times and it always failed. Carol unlike Storm, Jean, Rogue and all them can survive on her own and proved it many times with her miniseries.

People here need to just stop being denial. I agree that Marvel with their Fox beef is retarded, Carol since she returned in the 2000s was being built and remodeled, she had a dedicated fanbase, she's a POWERHOUSE and more importantly she proved that she doesn't need a team as evident with her series.

Edit:

Last edited:

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
Show me a Marvel Earth female superhero that was on Carol's level when it came to the big leagues? I'll wait.

I can name a few off the top. Jean Grey, Storm, She-Hulk, Scarlet Witch(She's better off doing her thing on the avengers). Are all pretty popular, if not more so than Carol herself. The first two might not work because of the fox/x-men clause, but Deadpool ain't getting punished right now. :mjpls:. Jean Grey was/is pretty much the most powerful female character in comics and was one of the most recognized X-men for awhile. I will say this about Carol though, I can see why Marvel made her HBIC. She was the most logical and convenient choice they had, the writing is what hurt her. Under a better writer, she probably would have been better received.

parallax

Superstar
Daps

tchalla and carol arent on the same page. i remember the 00's and her time on mighty and she was made an a$$hole. honestly thats the most i remember about that run other than the bendis word bubbles. since then its been attempt after attempt to try to make her work, but nothing sticks. i dont see how shes more deserving than monica, songbird or even phylla.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I can name a few off the top. Jean Grey, Storm, She-Hulk, Scarlet Witch(She's better off doing her thing on the avengers). Are all pretty popular, if not more so than Carol herself. The first two might not work because of the fox/x-men clause, but Deadpool ain't getting punished right now. :mjpls:. Jean Grey was/is pretty much the most powerful female character in comics and was one of the most recognized X-men for awhile. I will say this about Carol though, I can see why Marvel made her HBIC. She was the most logical and convenient choice they had, the writing is what hurt her. Under a better writer, she probably would have been better received.
The only one that is worth a thing on your list is Scarlet Witch and I agree because I like her more than Carol. But her character was ruined in House of M and took a long time to rebuild it. And like I said X-Men characters are worthless outside of their team especially Jean and Storm. Storm who's books did badly again and again. She never had a dedicated fanbase IN comics. As for She-Hulk she is just a female version of Hulk. Those characters you listed may be popular than Carol outside of the comic community, but back in the 2000s Carol was more popular with the comic community.

If Jean was Marvel's most powerful leading lady then show us a successful solo book from Jean. As for the bolded Marvel just doesn't know how to use their female characters.

Edit:

Last edited:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Like her or not, whether you plan on going to see the movie or not... Disney still got yall talkin bout her
xngnsmK.png

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
tchalla and carol arent on the same page. i remember the 00's and her time on mighty and she was made an a$$hole. honestly thats the most i remember about that run other than the bendis word bubbles. since then its been attempt after attempt to try to make her work, but nothing sticks. i dont see how shes more deserving than monica, songbird or even phylla.
Michael Bendis did that to all his characters he was writing. I'm not just talking about her run in Bendis Avengers but also her SOLOS. Monica more deserving???? I love Monica and definitely more than Carol, but she was in limbo for most of her career until Ewing recently brought her out of it. Songbird and Phylla aren't even that popular. And yes she is comparable to T'Challa because both were being built for a specific demographic and both now lead that demographic in Marvel right now. But more important both were SUPPORTED by their fanbase. Show me where the fanbase of Monica, Songbird, Phylla, Storm, Jean Grey, Spider-Women, Rogue, Emma Frost, etc SUPPORTED their character like Carol's fanbase did. The only one who comes close is Scarlet Witch.

Edit:

Last edited: