Frustrated: Black Men In Brazil full documentary..

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
groupon??? wtf did i just discover :ohhh:

I mentioned it in the quick lil gems thread I think, it's beyond dope, from trips to cheap ass dinners. You can make a woman think you're loaded, even though you're getting 70% off on your meal.

The trips that you see on there are crazy too, 5 night stay in Costa Rica for 450.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
groupon??? wtf did i just discover :ohhh:

Groupon, Google Offers, and Living Social is the greatest shyt ever when it comes to traveling.

Also check out budgettravel.com. They be having some trill ass deals on there too :ohlawd:

What language do you want to learn breh :whoo:

And Groupon is the absolute best shyt to hit the net in a minute.

I'm not sure, depends on where I end up going. I have absolutely no clue. The good thing is, I learn languages extremely fast. If I do end up going to Ethiopia, it'll be one of the Ethiopian dialects.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
I mentioned it in the quick lil gems thread I think, it's beyond dope, from trips to cheap ass dinners. You can make a woman think you're loaded, even though you're getting 70% off on your meal.

The trips that you see on there are crazy too, 5 night stay in Costa Rica for 450.

breh im :whoo: status now

wtf was i doing looking at expedia

:wtf:the amount of discount
6 nights for 550 at dr :whoo:

bookmarked

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I've been wanting to go rent this villa in Thailand, but my friends

are acting real bytch made man. It's expensive (688-888/night

depending on the season) but you're renting out a 5br mansion that

sleeps ten. That's only 68-88/night per person

I might fukk around and just go there with my girl and hit nikkas with

the :umad: when I get back

lulu%20holidays%20(2).jpg

lulu%20holidays%20(3).jpg

lulu%20holidays%20(4).jpg

lulu%20holidays%20(27.jpg

lulu%20holidays%20(18).JPG

lulu%20holidays%20(34).jpg

lulu%20holidays%20(36).jpg

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I've been wanting to go rent this villa in Thailand, but my friends

are acting real bytch made man. It's expensive (688-888/night

depending on the season) but you're renting out a 5br mansion that

sleeps ten. That's only 68-88/night per person

I might fukk around and just go there with my girl and hit nikkas with

the :umad: when I get back

lulu%20holidays%20(2).jpg

lulu%20holidays%20(3).jpg

lulu%20holidays%20(4).jpg

lulu%20holidays%20(27.jpg

lulu%20holidays%20(18).JPG

lulu%20holidays%20(34).jpg

lulu%20holidays%20(36).jpg

I learned to stop traveling with nikkas early on, shyt never gets done, you might get 1 or 2 trips in but it takes too much leg work.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
To me, watching this, it just says to me that the cities are what's killing us as Black people.

If you look at when the break down of the Black family started, it was after the Great Migration and we came up North to New York, Chicago, Detroit, etc. . , which were already violent ghettos from when the Jews and Italians and Irish were living in them.

In America, the cities are where everything is dumped. All the pollution, all the drugs, prostitutes, crappiest jobs, etc. . ., so the people who get raised in these environments( and I'm one of them) end up jaded and stressed the fukk out.

A lot of us need to even before we get out of America, get out of the rat race of the cities.

I'd bet a lot of Black families would do better in (don't laugh) the country. I know a guy who's a cowboy with his own horses and shyt who owns his own land and doesn't really even fukk with the hassle outside of work. He leaves his job, goes out to the country and chills out with his wife and tends to his land.

That's really what built the Black family structure.

It's the city that causes materialism, overworked parents, kids in constant danger, and all that shyt. If Black folks in mass started abandoning that for the slower pace of the country again, you'd see Black relationships doing better, us eating better with stuff that we grew ourselves, and have less temptations to drive us Black men and women apart.

I know I sound slow as hell, but this culture is fukked.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
To me, watching this, it just says to me that the cities are what's killing us as Black people.

If you look at when the break down of the Black family started, it was after the Great Migration and we came up North to New York, Chicago, Detroit, etc. . , which were already violent ghettos from when the Jews and Italians and Irish were living in them.

In America, the cities are where everything is dumped. All the pollution, all the drugs, prostitutes, crappiest jobs, etc. . ., so the people who get raised in these environments( and I'm one of them) end up jaded and stressed the fukk out.

A lot of us need to even before we get out of America, get out of the rat race of the cities.

I'd bet a lot of Black families would do better in (don't laugh) the country. I know a guy who's a cowboy with his own horses and shyt who owns his own land and doesn't really even fukk with the hassle outside of work. He leaves his job, goes out to the country and chills out with his wife and tends to his land.

It's the city that causes materialism, overworked parents, kids in constant danger, and all that shyt. If Black folks in mass started abandoning that for the slower pace of the country again, you'd see Black relationships doing better, us eating better with stuff that we grew ourselves, and have less temptations to drive us Black men and women apart.

Breh, ain't nobody reading none of that shyt. Post some pictures of bytches on the beach.

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
what im getting from that documentary so far , is that those man dont get treated like man in america and are frustrated with their situations

Team Arliss

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:whoa: Having lived in Brazil for 1.5 years I don’t think that documentary was all that good. Why interview someone who has only been in Brazil for 2 days?? They should’ve interviewed more Brazilian women here & in the United States who have dated men, specifically black men, BUT their society is so mixed they don’t fully understand the racial divide here in America. Majority of Brazilians think its all been good in the U.S.A because of Dr. King.

:whoa: Yalls most opportune time to come to Brazil is an exchange program through your university. It's easier than u think to accomplish, no matter what major u are. I did 3 semesters total (2 undergrad, 1 masters). I paid LESS studying there than studying here in the U.S.

There’s dozen of reasons why Brazilian women look better than American women but 1 thing you immediately realize when you return to America is; food is SO abundant. So easy to access here. There’s food even in Menards! :beli:

For example, that Tahiri chick Joe Budden had that everyone was sweating… in Brazil there’s probably 50 more of her same body top better face & far more pleasant acting within a 10 mile radius. By far the best looking-women on the planet… still have flash backs & I’ve been gone since December. Brazil has rendered white-women (non-mixed) unattractive to me. :flabbynsick:

:hamster: You'll be surprised how slutty a large portion of the women ARENT in brazil. I know dozens of more virgins in brazil than I do the states. HIV is actually worse in the U.S than Brazil it's an unfortunate stigma that's been tied to it.

If you go I advise to be smart... don't be acting like a fool or 1 of them ‘dangerous adventure’-type white dudes that end up hog-tied in a trashcan & don’t understand why... use the same judgment u would in the U.S.

Team Arliss

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Studying Abroad

:whoa: - The dollar is always at least worth 1.5 of their money (reias). It really never goes under that. Right now it’s 1.7. It got to as high as 2.6 during my undergrad. Basically, every time you buy something there in reality it’s half that price.
- You don’t have to pay for credits. It’s all free. You only pay for student exchange, if that’s the type of study abroad program you were to choose. Take 21 credits and pay 0 and have them transferred in.
- Student exchange means you’re going to pay the tuition of a student going to your university. But if you get a large scholarship that will even out the tuition cost. Many programs provide a large scholarship for 1 semester that can go up to $3,000.
- However, you can simply enroll in a university in Brazil & they will be happy to accept you. Just simply do the process on their website. Then just link up with your college that you’re gonna do a semester in brazil.
- I did this in my Masters & paid neither college ANYTHING. Brazilians don’t pay for the university themselves, the government does. They just have to pass a test called the vestibular, which is similar to the SAT but a bit more difficult. They actually get upset when you tell them you didn’t even have to take a test.
- They do not use textbooks, only handouts and copies (from the books) and/or supply the materials. Take 15 credits and pay less than $50 for books.
- Meals are much cheaper. On campus lunch is no more than a buck fifty & it fills you up. Meat/beans/rice/fruit/vegetable/juice. The biggest meal they eat is lunch, where many restaurants have you pay by the kilo. For a huge plate you may only end up paying 7$
- Public trans buses is only $1.50. Buses to travel to other cities are cheap. To get to Rio you could only end up paying like $30.
ij1kky.png

- Housing is cheap. If you were to live in a dorm on campus it’s less than 60. I had an apartment with a maid that came twice a week for like $250. U can find some much cheaper than this.
- If you have a good GPA it will stay that way because your credits will come in as transfer credits.
- The Visa/passport will cost you about $250, but you won’t have to get another passport for 10 years.
- They have all the majors down there that the states have. You CAN go. If you can find a few classes that fit in your curriculum you CAN go. They'll let you sign-up for them in Brazil, and many of times
- Professors know you’re a foreigner they'll have mercy may be a bit lenient on you for the fact that you’re taking the courses in another language. As long as you don't fail your credits transfer in, and they really don't fail anyone.
- They have all the technology we have, u aint gonna end up in no jungles.
- The ONLY thing that can get you is the plane ticket. But if u know how to get good deals on those u can avoid the high costs, which can go up to $1700 (round trip). Unfortunately to obtain a visa, u need to get a round-trip ticket. I should also note though that there is a ton of parties & sometimes the ticket prices are a bit unnecessary, the high range from $40-50.
ij1kky.png

Therefore, I encourage folks to study abroad. There is 0 negatives and u save your money. It's worth stopping by your study abroad office to see what kind of opportunities they have for Brazil. & if they don't have any for Brazil, just search Brazilian college online, and when you find 1 you like and fits your program in that states, apply. This may be actually better so you won't have to pay for tuition exchange. If I were to do it all over again I would've done half of my entire college career there. You could do your entire college education there, but I know some are worried that foreign degrees don't look as good. All what I've said would be confirmed by 3 of my good friends that went with me and the other study abroad students we met. These are only the $ benefits, there's dozens of others.

:whoa: People are shook by learning a new language so they choose easy places like Europe & Australia like everyone else does. With Brazil you learn a new language (Portuguese instead of spanish like everyone else), spend less $, drop 20lbs immediately because the food is heather, they’re gonna become even more powerful in the future, great atmosphere, lots if not more tourist spots than America, meet hundreds of brazilians and other study abroad students across the world… and of course the women, which is a whole 'nother topic.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

that's an interesting theory, i wouldn't be surprised if you were 100% on point