From The Desert To Salt Lake And Beyond On Ice: Official 24-25 NHL Season Thread

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
You believe in Woll?
I believe in Woll because he is a goaltender who is built to succeed in the modern NHL. He’s got the ability and skill to do it. Why? He’s young, big, mobile, agile, tall, he’s got good reflexes and good goaltending technique and movements. He covers most of the net with his 6’4” frame, so he doesn’t need to spend a lot of energy and effort making superfluous and unecessary saves when he moves inside and outside the crease/blue ice. He’s a good puckhandler too, goalies who know how to handle the puck efficiently are great assets for their team because they help to retrieve/recover the puck in the corners, clear the puck out of the defensive zone, and make the first pass on the « defense to offense » transition. They both help the defense and transition game.

Woll’s only problem and flaw : unfortunately he’s injury prone and lacks durability. So far in his young NHL career, he can’t stay healthy for an entire season. He missed 35 games alone last year due to a serious injury, also missed game 7 against Boston and will probably miss the first two months of this new season. He’s missing the season opener tonight.

Stolarz is a young( just turned 30 this year) solid, durable and capable goalie who will be dependable in the backup role. He can share the goaltending duties with Woll on a 52/30 game split(a standard and typical NHL’s team schedule has 82 games in it)

Woll/stolarz is a good duo. Much better than our recent ones (samsonov/hutchinson/Murray/Campbell etc)

Last edited:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I believe in Woll because he is a goaltender who is built to succeed in the modern NHL. He’s got the ability and skill to do it. Why? He’s big, mobile, agile, tall, he’s got good reflexes and good goaltending technique and movements. He covers most of the net with his 6’4” frame, so he doesn’t need tosoend a lot of energy and effort making superfluous saves when he moves in the crease/blue ice. He’s a good puckhandler too, goalies who know how to handle the puck efficiently are great for their team because they help to retrieve/recover the puck in the corners, clear the puck out of the defensive zone, and make the first pass on the « defense to offense » transition. They both help the defense and transition game.

Woll’s only problem and flaw : unfortunately he’s injury prone and lacks durability. So far in his young NHL career, he can’t stay healthy for an entire season. He missed 35 games alone last year due to a serious injury, also missed game 7 against Boston and will probably miss the first two months of this new season. He’s missing the season opener tonight.

Stolarz is a solid, durable and capable goalie who will be dependable in the backup role. He can share the goaltending duties with Woll on a 50/32 game split

Woll/stolarz is a good duo. Much better than our recent ones (samsonov/hutchinson/Murray/Campbell etc)

You need to work for TSN :wow:

Hopefully we can get a Leafs-Oilers finals. I’d like to see a Canadian team win before yall go on another 30 year drought

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I’m in NY till Saturday. Trying to decide if I should go to a Devils or Isles game while I’m here

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Montembeault has looked solid in net early. He’s completely shut the Leafs down through two periods.

Last edited:

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

That’s a helluva way to kickoff the Berube era.

The Toronto media is going to be frothing at the mouth if the Leafs lose tomorrow night.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
ESPN's streaming is so ass compared to Amazon or Apple. :snoop: