From The Desert To Salt Lake And Beyond On Ice: Official 24-25 NHL Season Thread

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Had to tune in cuz it was the opening night but gotta try and catch more games this season overall. Good to see things getting off to a good start.

I see they were out in SLC for the debut out there. Interested to see how that goes. Were the coyotes even drawing a decent crowd in Arizona? I don't think they were in Phoenix or where the Suns played. I know they moved to some small arena at a university. Let's see how they do in Utah that has only had the Jazz. Don't know much about the area other than it's Mormon country. They'll prolly be excited having another sports team.

I know Canadian cities with one team are like that, Toronto being the exception but i think the maple leafs run the city compared to the other teams. Quite a few one team cities in US so it'll be exciting for the fans to get an added team to cheer.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Had to tune in cuz it was the opening night but gotta try and catch more games this season overall. Good to see things getting off to a good start.

I see they were out in SLC for the debut out there. Interested to see how that goes. Were the coyotes even drawing a decent crowd in Arizona? I don't think they were in Phoenix or where the Suns played. I know they moved to some small arena at a university. Let's see how they do in Utah that has only had the Jazz. Don't know much about the area other than it's Mormon country. They'll prolly be excited having another sports team.

I know Canadian cities with one team are like that, Toronto being the exception but i think the maple leafs run the city compared to the other teams. Quite a few one team cities in US so it'll be exciting for the fans to get an added team to cheer.

Utah already seems like they support the team more than Arizona ever has in their entire history. If the Coyotes owner wasn’t a dumb ass he would have done whatever it took to keep them. They’ll be really good in a couple years

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Got that ESPN+/Disney/Hulu bundle through Verizon for $10/month so I'll be able to stream Canucks games normally this year instead of looking up streams. :ehh:

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley

Coyotes were badly run from the start, hard to really gain support with influx of ownership issues and later arena issues. Sad fact is that Colangelo asked NHL Ziegler at the time when AWA (Footprint Center) was being built if Phoenix was a potential market. Ziegler said no and so the Coyotes were a doomed franchise before they got there.

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
It’s the Leafs season opener against the Canadiens tonight!

My score prediction for tonight’s game in Montreal : 5-2 Toronto. We play better on the road than at home anyway. I expect the Leafs to win against a Habs squad who is depleted by injuries, offensively challenged and inexperienced at the NHL level. Their best sniper/goal-scorer Patrik Laine is hurt and will be out for 2-3 months. It will be tough for the habs to overcome his absence. Montreal needs goalscoring/offensive skill in a bad way.

We mean serious business this year. Maple Leafs GM Brad Treliving hired a new coach (Craig Berube, proven Stanley cup winner, defense first guy and hard disciplinarian) and made new additions to the lineup that will produce much better results this season.

Last edited:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It’s the Leafs season opener against the Canadiens tonight!

My score prediction for tonight’s game in Montreal : 5-2 Toronto. We play better on the road than at home anyway. I expect the Leafs to win against a Habs squad who is depleted by injuries, offensively challenged and inexperienced at the NHL level. Their best sniper/goal-scorer Patrik Laine is hurt and will be out for 2-3 months. It will be tough for the habs to overcome his absence. Montreal needs goalscoring/offensive skill in a bad way.

We mean serious business this year. Maple Leafs GM Brad Treliving hired a new coach (Craig Berube, proven Stanley cup winner, defense first guy and hard disciplinarian) and made new additions to the lineup that will produce much better results this season.

You believe in Woll?