Fredo gotta be the saddest character in movie history

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps
The deep thing about this scene is that the chair he is in was actually broken in real life and he wasn't able to sit up right in it. And it was cold in the cabin and you can actually see Mike's breath (on hi resolution).

So much depth in these first two movies. Anytime i hear someone say the GF sucks or Goodfellas is better i dont argue i just hit em with the :camby:

What ppl are also leaving out is that Fredo was the older brother of Micheal. Dude was the fukkup of the family and had to take orders from his kid brother who wasn't even supposed to be in the biz. :heh:

Every small responsibility they gave him he fukked up.

Guard his pops: He drops the gun
Watch over the business in Vegas: Gets slapped up and taken advantage of by Mo Green
Watch over the business in Cuba: Almost gets Michael killed.

Every task that was bestowed upon Mike he aced it. Killed Sollozo in a risky situation. Defended his pops in the hospital, settled all family business during the Baptism scene. Plus Mike had the smarts not to be the bull in the China shop like Sonny and the nuts to be more ruthless than his dad. He was the Michael Jackson of the family and Fredo was Tito. He even figured Fredo out, told him he knew what was up then tried to save him AFTER he knew Fredo was a rat and double crosser.

tenor.gif
Good post !

Goodfellas is a different type of flick..Godfather was like a opera with gangsters..Goodfellas is ruthless and real.

Both classics. I watched once upon a time in america last week..love the score but that movie is too long, corny and overrated.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Fredo didn't know. He was jealous of Mike and wanted to prove himself. He probably just wanted to knock Mike down a few pegs. He didn't want his brother, his sister in law and his neices and nephews killed. Cmon breh. He was a weak dude. They played him. And that info almost got Mike and his family killed.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
:mjcry:

His own pops telling him he won’t be shyt

His brothers treating him like a stepchild

Getting slapped by his “friends”

He w
Having a thot ass wife

Michael had to do it :wow:

giphy.gif
Vito wouldn’t let the picture be taken at the wedding until Michael got there!! :mjcry: Sonny was basically the muscle :mjcry: Michael got things done:mjcry: Connie had a galomourous wedding with one of the greatest singers to sing to her:mjcry: Tom gets more respect from Pops than me:mjcry:

:sadcam: Why my fam don’t love me that way??

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
:mjcry:

His own pops telling him he won’t be shyt

His brothers treating him like a stepchild

Getting slapped by his “friends”
Having a thot ass wife

Michael had to do it :wow:

giphy.gif

Michael had to do it because his brother had a hand in an attempted assassination. He loved his brother, but he pitied him as well. Yet he would have never ever harmed a hair on his head. But his hand was forced, when your too much of a coward to even stand up in regards to preventing your brothers murder, you are a worthless human being.

Daps
Fredo not only tried to have his brother killed on some insecure jealousy shyt. He also snitched on himself in Cuba after having a few drinks. He's truly worthless.

"This is Johnny Ola."

"We've never met each other." :hubie:

"Johnny Ola showed me this place . . ." :snoop:

When Michael looks at him like :leostare: it always cracks me up

:mjlol:

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
The way Noodles smiles makes me think it was just a bad dream/trip.
I could never imagine him raping Deborah like that :picard: that shyt was vicious :damn:
Thats what i think too. And ur right, plot wise it was a good film but it was really fukking distant and cold for some reason like i didnt give a fukk about any of them.

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps
Thats what i think too. And ur right, plot wise it was a good film but it was really fukking distant and cold for some reason like i didnt give a fukk about any of them.
It had some great scenes...the little kid slipping..the diamonds scene. The music by morricone gave it an extra boost..but the characters def felt “flat”.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
No one ever talks about it but in Godfather 3, Michael's son wants nothing to do with his father..the man who killed the uncle he used to take him fishing. His daughter was the one VERY close to him.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
No one ever talks about it but in Godfather 3, Michael's son wants nothing to do with his father..the man who killed the uncle he used to take him fishing. His daughter was the one VERY close to him.
"I have . . . bad memories."

The movie is dope just not to the level of the first two.