Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Bandana (Discussion Thread)

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not to be a audio nerd but vinyl is the cleanest way to listen to audio besides glass. Unlike MP3 (which can’t capture the pure nuances of natural sound) your vocal or the sounds of the instruments carry a distinct wave length that vinyl can get perfectly. Like I said the only thing better to capture sound is glass.

But ya vinyl did fall into the pretentious hipster oooh look I’m different crowd. But vinyl don’t deserve a bad rap. If I had space I would collect certain pressings. Need a bigger house son

Which is unfortunate because for those of us that grew up with vinyl in the house but were also children of Napster, it's natural progression for me to download an album when it comes out, and then patronize said artist if the product is up to snuff by adding to my own vinyl collection. I would never entertain paying an artist for a CD in 2019 but also for a digital copy of their album (which i've been able to obtain since Napster).

Stream?:flabbynsick::flabbynsick::flabbynsick:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Just finished my 2nd listen :blessed:

I've always had madlib in my top 5 producer list, but I think he has to be the top 3 now. He's the only dude from the 90s still dropping fire. And don't say premo either, he hasn't produced anything on this level in a LONG time.
Alchemist 90's too. Him, Madlib, and Nottz are the 3 form the 90's that have consistently dropped the most fire without slipping or having periods of inactivity IMO.

Preem definitely hasn't had anything quote like this in a long time though you're right.