Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Bandana (Discussion Thread)

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
This album is made for headphones. It's a whole different experience. Bumping it in the ride was dope too, but the headphones really bring everything out. Even mos def's verse is much clearer on the headphones. Madlib musta mixed this shyt specifically for headphones or some shyt. Took a a few hits of the stiiizy and zoned the fukk out. Gibbs is droppin so many jewels on here.

Momma said don't leave out the house if you ain't got jesus wit ya
Last supper, you might get fukked by nikkas that's eating wit ya

:wow:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
There was talk that Freddie made this whole joint off beats that Kanye turned down.

Dude must be feeling

e33419959f9d351241a6bbb7c77bbfde.gif

right now :mjlol:
Yo if Freddie really did all this over shyt Kanye passed on that then it would make my year.

Edit: @PlayerNinety_Nine you also notice how the last joint has the signature 00’s Kanye snare, but just tweaked a little better?

:ohhh: Subtle jab from Lib? :lolbron:

I doubt it but I can pretend

Daps
Yo if Freddie really did all this over shyt Kanye passed on that then it would make my year.

Edit: @PlayerNinety_Nine you also notice how the last joint has the signature 00’s Kanye snare, but just tweaked a little better?

You don’t cry when you have made a Daytona ...if anything from what I’ve read Pusha next album will be produced by the neptunes and Kanye west ...there is nothing cry over. Kanye just wasn’t in that bag when he got those 6 beat CDs.

If he holds those CDs then he has to pay madlib and the the people that was sampled from. Which is why you only got “No More Parties in LA”.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps

You're not alone....

From last year, the night Nasir dropped.

Nas came correct on the bars.:wow:I'm fukking with Bonjour, Adam and Eve and Simple Things the most off the first listen.

Getting crazy Madlib vibes off the beats. Maybe it's the way they made the samples sound warm in the mix, or just the choice of samples - both musical and vocal.

shyt reminds me of 'Auditorium' off 'The Ecstatic', 'No More Parties In LA' and some of Pinata and Madvillain. :ehh:

I thought even back then that Ye was jacking for beats :mjpls:

They rocked on the same sample as 'Adam & Eve' on 'Education' too:mjpls:

Last edited: