Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Bandana (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pusha coming thru wit the smoovest features:banderas:

my coke hand is sill sketching out my memoirs
what I did to door panels on them windstars
:wow:

The bezel on her ballon bleu do the Tinashe
bytch told me 2 tone rollies was too blazhay
tenor.gif

i wish i could relive the first time i heard that windstar line on my way into work this morning....i lost it

this album is so fire brehs, i keep putting it on at the office and stopping bc its got me actin a fool waaaaaay too much :bryan:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Ima get hated on for this but can we stop leaving all the vinyl crackle in.....I know nikkas think it adds to the ambience or vintage vibe but if you dont mix it right, it just sounds like shyt. Same shyt applied to a few traccs on Tyler's album.

It's 2019, we don't need to fake a vibe with "analog" shyt. We fukkn with that clean sound nowaday:ufdup:

:snoop: I should’ve read this before responding to your last post.

C’mon man. Let us old folks enjoy that shyt.

It’d be one thing if you said this about Apollo Brown (who I like but he forces static and crackling sounds into almost every single beat he makes) but with Madlib it’s actually from the records he’s sampling.

It doesn’t sound like shyt. At the risk of sounding :flabbynsick: again...hip-hop isn’t supposed to sound so too clean. Definitely not this type of hip-hop.

Last edited:

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
With all the mixing/mastering programs we have nowadays, crackle can easily be removed or at least minimized. You also don't have to sample off vinyl. I don't sample off records anymore bc lot of that shyt was too loud.

And secondly yeah buy a reissue copy. them nikkas got $

I don't wanna complain too much, I just like to show both sides rather than just be a fanboy

THIS SHYT IS OFFICIAL. I like this better than Pinata overall besides the first two traks, this shyt is much more cohesive
:stopitslime:

nikka this is hip hop, we stay true to the essence and Madlib is a gate keeper we like our hip hop Dusty.

The GOAT Dre Spoiled y'all nikkas:wow:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I couldn't really listen to this when I was getting ready for work this morning but I heard a Pusha T adlib and had to wait until I could hear it clearly. He killed that shyt. This album would get some play from me tonight when I hit the gym and can listen right.

skb1065

SuckaFree
Supporter
Daps
i wish i could relive the first time i heard that windstar line on my way into work this morning....i lost it

this album is so fire brehs, i keep putting it on at the office and stopping bc its got me actin a fool waaaaaay too much :bryan:

Literally did the hov response in my ride this morning. Was half awake but it shook me to the core

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
he just started bodying shyt at daytona?

:jbhmm:

mans been on a 2 decade run.

I know man. We need a MadAlan project of some sort.

True. But something is different. Now he’s rapping from a certified OG perspective and I dig it even more. He’s definitely got “something” that’s hard to put into words from Daytona to now.

Yeah..

Palmolive
18 Wheeler
CokeWhite

Feel like I'm missing a feature.. He's absolutely destroying shyt effortlessly..

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Literally did the hov response in my ride this morning. Was half awake but it shook me to the core
My face scrunched up hard at work when that line came up. I jumped up and walked out of my office semi running down the hall. People thought something was wrong with me. I just told them "BANDANA":russ:

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
:snoop: I should’ve read this before responding to your last post.

C’mon man. Let us old folks enjoy that shyt.

It’d be one thing if you said this about Apollo Brown (who I like but he forces static and crackling sounds into almost every single beat he makes) but with Madlib it’s actually from the records he’s sampling.

It doesn’t sound like shyt. At the risk of sounding :flabbynsick: again...hip-hop isn’t supposed to sound so too clean. Definitely not this type of hip-hop.

Im 37 and i like dusty shyt just as much as yall...RZA is my fave producer so i fw grime n dirt HEAVY I just didnt like the way it was mixed in...its kinda distracting but again its only on two songs so :yeshrug:

areohbee824

Superstar
Daps
Flawless victory caliber album here. Not sure what more you would want from Gibbs & Madlib especially after "Pinata" :manny: