Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Bandana (Discussion Thread)

skb1065

SuckaFree
Supporter
Daps
The second release of a planned trilogy (Montana is up next) that mirrors a Quentin Tarantino filmography where disconnected movies share key elements, Bandana finds Gibbs’ introspective, auto-fire raps feeling right at home over Lib’s dusty, exuberant production. -2dopeboyz

:whoo::whew:

:merchant:

It will make me months if not a year to digest this classic

I am still playing Pinata!

RAW_SPK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
N.I.N.
Gibbs, Madlib and :pushaton: on Palmolive

1500601715-1995_BIG3_20474857.JPG

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
Ima be real i was kinda worried....Freestyle shyt and Half Manne were just ok to me:ld: I was like uh oh but once Crime Pays hit...the rest of the album is A1. Definitely lives up to Pinata. Them 1st couple traks had ya boy concerned tho:to:

This shyt official...i hope he does numbers(100K) the first week and can get a mainstream push. Out here in LA, they've been promoting this album like crazy, billboards errwhere:ehh:

I'm just happy Gibbs was able to slowly bounce back from that fuc shyt they tried to do him in Austria...looks like his career is going better than ever:blessed:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Ima be real i was kinda worried....Freestyle shyt and Half Manne were just ok to me:ld: I was like uh oh but once Crime Pays hit...the rest of the album is A1. Definitely lives up to Pinata. Them 1st couple traks had ya boy concerned tho:to:

This shyt official...i hope he does numbers(100K) the first week and can get a mainstream push. Out here in LA, they've been promoting this album like crazy, billboards errwhere:ehh:

I'm just happy Gibbs was able to slowly bounce back from that fuc shyt they tried to do him in Austria...looks like his career is going better than ever:blessed:
:dwillhuh: The first two tracks are some of my favorites.

Honestly flat tummy tea is probably my least favorite but everything on here’s fire.

That’s dope they have promoted it hard in LA.

I’m also happy Gibbs bounced back and is better than ever. I swear to god I thought between the this era where accusations can end you, him being a black man and her being a white woman, in another country??? I thought he was done. Like if not prison, certainly that his career was over.

:blessed: And I never hear bullshyt from ANYONE about him not being falsely accused. And he’s not cynical about it all.

So happy for the man.