Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Bandana (Discussion Thread)

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
i know breh. He's got another anti-vax bar on Palmolive too. :francis:

I'm on my 3rd listen. I thought about playing a few specific joints but decided to just run it back again.

me too breh. :mjcry:

Also :pacspit: to the reviewer that got our hopes up...shyt's unfair breh.

EDIT: wait are talking about the same thing? :jbhmm:
Nah I just personally could tell that there was going to be a flip coming. I didn't read any reviews to this shyt :lupe:.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Nah I just personally could tell that there was going to be a flip coming. I didn't read any reviews to this shyt :lupe:.
Oh shyt okay...there was a review that made it sound like John Gotti Karate was going to be the 2nd half of Fake Names.

Jesus Madlib killed it with the beats on this album.
I hope they drop an instrumental version like they did on the last album.

deeznutz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
GTA
Very true. But I do have to say he switched up the flows and delivery on this new EP. I posted earlier that I thought after Butcher on Steroids and Tana Talk 3 that he was gonna have the same flow (which would've been fine) but he's really stepping it up. Obviously Gibbs' versatility is pretty much unmatched by anyone out there right now, but I do give Benny props for elevating his style.

:snoop:
No bro it's not on here. Heartbreaking. I mean this album is so fire. Potential to be better than Pinata for sure. I like it even more than off 2 listens than I did Pinata off 2 listens...but John Gotti Karate is the ONE fukking joint on here I wanted to hear and it's not here. It's weird too because there's sort of a Japanese musical theme throughout the album's interludes and the song would've fit perfectly. Apparently they didn't go guerilla and they actually did clear all the samples on here so I'm guessing sample clearance issues maybe?

I feel so ungrateful complaining after a full course 5-star meal but :mjcry:

Madlib. Gibbs. Please. :feedme:

Man that hurts my soul I've been listening to that snippet for a year now that song sounded A1. Hopefully they are saving it for montana or perhaps just couldn't get the sample cleared like you said. fukk!

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Man that hurts my soul I've been listening to that snippet for a year now that song sounded A1. Hopefully they are saving it for montana or perhaps just couldn't get the sample cleared like you said. fukk!

If it's a sample clearance, they should leak a HQ version of it to the net.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Right?! I mean you don't showcase a song off the album as much as they showcased John Gotti Karate if you it was a candidate for the cuttin room floor. This was probably the single most hyped song for the album. I'm also blwon away that they actually cleared samples for this album too. There are some big time samples too (ie. Godfather theme music on Flat Tummy Tea)