Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Bandana (Discussion Thread)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Crime Pays
I shouldn't have listened to the singles so much. I really wanted to skip Crime Pays and Flat Tummy Tea when I was listening to the album. I shoulsn't have wanted to skip anything and if I'd stayed away from those singles I know for sure I wouldn't have felt the urge to skip to the next new heat.

Speaking of skipping...:jbhmm: where's the skipper on this album?
:sas1:Because right now I don't hear one. :sas2:

These dudes Gibbs and Madlib man :damn::damn:
Best producer/rapper combo since.....Gang Starr? Reflection Eternal? When was the last great producer/rapper combo that dropped more than one album? I'm thinking Gang Starr. That's what my inner hip-hop head wants to say...and God bless the dead and RIP Guru...but I'll be damned if I'd rather not hear MadGibbs' Montana album over any other rapper/producer album right now...and Bandana ain't even officially dropped yet.

Dontay Flaco

fka King Napz
Daps
Reppin
VA
Is this Madlib? I didn't think so but he did end up doing some trap shyt on Half Mane Half Cocaine so I dunno

BRUH! Idk if it's Madlib but that shyt is crazy.
giphy.gif

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
:stopitslime: Benny aint never had the versatility, flows/deliveries, creativity and quality output that Gibbs has.

Benny got bars though, I'm a fan, so this is no hate.
Very true. But I do have to say he switched up the flows and delivery on this new EP. I posted earlier that I thought after Butcher on Steroids and Tana Talk 3 that he was gonna have the same flow (which would've been fine) but he's really stepping it up. Obviously Gibbs' versatility is pretty much unmatched by anyone out there right now, but I do give Benny props for elevating his style.

I cant listen right now but is that john Gotti karate beat on this or what???
:snoop:
No bro it's not on here. Heartbreaking. I mean this album is so fire. Potential to be better than Pinata for sure. I like it even more than off 2 listens than I did Pinata off 2 listens...but John Gotti Karate is the ONE fukking joint on here I wanted to hear and it's not here. It's weird too because there's sort of a Japanese musical theme throughout the album's interludes and the song would've fit perfectly. Apparently they didn't go guerilla and they actually did clear all the samples on here so I'm guessing sample clearance issues maybe?

I feel so ungrateful complaining after a full course 5-star meal but :mjcry:

Madlib. Gibbs. Please. :feedme:

Last edited:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Very true. But I do have to say he switched up the flows and delivery on this new EP. I posted earlier that I thought after Butcher on Steroids and Tana Talk 3 that he was gonna have the same flow (which would've been fine) but he's really stepping it up. Obviously Gibbs' versatility is pretty much unmatched by anyone out there right now, but I do give Benny props for elevating his style.

No bro it's not on here. Heartbreaking. I mean this album is so fire. Potential to be better than Pinata for sure. I like it even more than I did Pinata on 2 listens. But John Gotti Karate is the ONE fukking joint on here I wanted to hear and it's not here. It's weird too because there's sort of a Japanese musical theme throughout the album's interludes and the song would've fit perfectly. I'm guessing sample clearance issues maybe?

Bar for bar nobody was fukkin with Benny in 2018
its that simple to me

Freddie a better more veersatile artist...but the Freddie album was average so he took a small hit

Kixx

Pro
Daps
How's the quality of the leak that's going around? Anyone got a link, please send my way.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps

:snoop:
No bro it's not on here. Heartbreaking. I mean this album is so fire. Potential to be better than Pinata for sure. I like it even more than off 2 listens than I did Pinata off 2 listens...but John Gotti Karate is the ONE fukking joint on here I wanted to hear and it's not here. It's weird too because there's sort of a Japanese musical theme throughout the album's interludes and the song would've fit perfectly. Apparently they didn't go guerilla and they actually did clear all the samples on here so I'm guessing sample clearance issues maybe?

This is dope but that anti-vax line :dayum:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
This is dope but that anti-vax line :dayum:
i know breh. He's got another anti-vax bar on Palmolive too. :francis:

I keep going back to Palmolive and Situations right now these songs hitting :noah:

I'm on my 3rd listen. I thought about playing a few specific joints but decided to just run it back again.

The flip on Fake Names I specifically skipped ahead because I just knew it was coming :mjcry::banderas::wow:Wlw:fd

me too breh. :mjcry:

Also :pacspit: to the reviewer that got our hopes up...shyt's unfair breh.

EDIT: wait are talking about the same thing? :jbhmm: