Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Bandana (Discussion Thread)

RasNas

Pro
Daps
In this interview: Madlib and Freddie Gibbs on making one of 2019’s best rap albums

Madlib said he can't find Doom.

What does the future hold for you guys? You’re working on a third album, right? Madlib, are there any other rappers you think would sound good over your beats?

Madlib: Send the Migos my way! Tell them, Madlib will make them sound funky! I’d like to work with Gibbs until he’s 60 – so long as he’s really with it and doesn’t pull a MF Doom, I can’t find that dude anywhere! I would also like to make an album with Pusha T (who appears on “Palmolive” along with Killer Mike) and this new rapper called Chris Crack from Chicago, he is insanely talented and we’re both like-minded.

I also got to record some songs with Mac Miller. We were going to make an album, but weren’t able to finish it because of his passing. That was my brother! I’m not sure if I can just put out the songs of someone deceased, as we would need permission from the estate. We will see on that, hopefully.

I’ve got thousands of hours of music people haven’t heard yet, so we’re going to launch a subscription service with Rappcats so people can hear it all. I got a bunch of jazz stuff coming too, featuring a lot of the new artists, which will be more like “Shades of Blue”.

DOOM Still living somewhere in UK right?

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
thought Jim&Heatmakerz had album of the summer locked up but now i dont know. this is just as good as Pinata:wowspur:

wenis

Pro
Supporter
Daps
yQ5QsWZ.jpg

my copy of the 'directors cut' came in today. scanned the cover and did some re-touches with photo reference, paint and whatever needed to be done.

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Education

A million fukkin' dollars a year just won't suffice
Got a factor in that more bad habits and the cost of life
Cost of life, uh
We stay so high, that's why we can't come up
My credit score is zero, I'm still pullin' Ranges up
Them cash counters is counteractive
The paper cuts gas by a pump like when Dominque used to lace 'em up
I changed it up, I pray the streets don't take what's left of me
Drugs for the free, soul sold separately

Jteg.gif

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Listened to the Director's Cut

The very beginning of the album has some extra shyt, just some shyt talking from Gibbs

Also at the end of Half Manne Half Cocaine there's a callback to Cocaine Piñata (the same sample that was also used for "Breaking Bad" off Baby Face Killa)

The outro of Fake Names is different and I think it's better

Flat Tummy Tea has the extended intro from the 12"

The ending of Situations is different and has a better lead-in to Giannis

The end of the album is different too. It doesn't have that beat that takes the album out and there's a quick vocal sample about listening to music

That's it

I like it more than the regular version but it's not like it's different enough where it matters
Well there goes my hopes that they snuck John Gotti Karate on there
:mjcry:

mr x

Superstar
Daps

-he was in the studio with Hip Hop one day and he kept mentioning how Jay approaches shyt
Freddie: I don't give a fukk
:laugh:

-half man half cocaine
He was in 50 cent mode when attacking the track. Says 50 drew him to rap

-madlib got mos and thought together in the studio to record their track

-got inspired by nip and rock being nominated for grammys

onlylno

Haitian American Descended From Slaves
Supporter
Daps
yQ5QsWZ.jpg

my copy of the 'directors cut' came in today. scanned the cover and did some re-touches with photo reference, paint and whatever needed to be done.

Bruh what does it sound like?

Is it mixed differently?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Doom is chilling on an island somewhere

I remember when this came out and we thought he was about to have an active year. Then...nothing came out.
:mjlol:

I knew the issue wasn't Madlib...at the time when Madvillainy was in demand, he was making so many beats a day that anyone could get a beat tape. DOOM could have easily finished the album. Instead we got a couple joints (which were solid) and that was that.