Freaknik: The Wildest Party Never Told’ documentary Trailer (streaming on Hulu March 21, 2024)

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Because they originally got complaints so they WATERED IT DOWN.

It is not the same show that was originally announced.

Guess I'll take it off the watchlist :francis: . I wanted fukkery, but somebody's momma ashamed of busting it open for the squad made the shyt "a gathering of black folks in Atlanta" for cacs to be like :lupe:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
It was the same footage that’s on youtube smh

I canceled my subscription too
Even though it was a 30 day free trial

:whoa:Would cancel, but I still got Snowfall and Dark side of the whatever docs to finish binging. Plus it has Disney content for the Joey, so its stuck in budget:francis:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
it was like Freaknik produced by PBS. nothing nobody want to see, they actually tried their best to spin it into some female empowerment
I enjoyed it. Not sure why y’all expected girls gone wild from this. It gave the history, lots of context about the black experience during that time, talked about the good and then the bad/reason for decline. Anyone expecting to see freaky ass footage was setting themselves up for disappointment, go ask your uncles for the uncut tapes

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I enjoyed it. Not sure why y’all expected girls gone wild from this. It gave the history, lots of context about the black experience during that time, talked about the good and then the bad/reason for decline. Anyone expecting to see freaky ass footage was setting themselves up for disappointment, go ask your uncles for the uncut tapes
It was actually well done for what it was. Guess people expected go see nothing but tight shots of titties and open bootyholes or something lol. I mean the stuff they touched on that became the nail in the coffin was pretty damn bad stuff. I just think they wanted to tell the story and didn’t want to shyt on Atlanta too bad. I’m sure somebody is trying to cook up their version of Surviving Freaknik right now as we speak. Yeah I’m sure the spank bank material is somewhere online. Also how are all these people still doing Hulu trials and shyt? Man it’s free af now lol. T mobile and Spectrum both gave me Hulu

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Seeing this same type of gaslighting all over social media as more people complain about the scam job hulu pulled off with this pg13 version of freaknik history.

"Yall just horny and wanna see naked stuff." No people are tired of censorship to appease politically correct cancel culture bullshyt. That's the problem. There are still some adults left that can handle the harsh truth of history without fluff and spin put on it to soften the blow.
I agree. However, this is what we got.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Wife wanted to watch it

I didn't want to

Knew what it would eventually digress to.

The Black male freaky monster

The Black woman being victimized aka protect Black women

We seriously need to stop wanting to re tell the stories of events and times that wasted our times.

All freaknik showed me is that thousands to millions of black people could get together but only to act a dam fool.

Money from that event could have funded institutions all over the country.

But all we wanted to do was shake our ass. Smh

:mjlol:this is such a pea brain way of looking at some shyt that told you what it was.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
shyt was ass

The footage they used in this documentary can be found on YouTube

they didn't wanna deal with lawsuits of people who were shown doing "questionable" things now that they are older

of course the original vision of this documentary was gonna be heavily edited and redone to be PG-13. The nikkaz in these videos are moms, grandmoms, professionals, clergymen, officials, etc. now.

:pachaha:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
Would've liked for them to go more in depth and expose the rapey nikkas that were harassing women who need to be recognized