Freakanomics talks how different types of people TIP...includes race, religion, etc.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I always try to make sure I tip well based on my service...

However, Sadly, the black stereotype is very true... My mom who is extremely well off based on American standards and she usually only tips 10%-13%, regardless of whether the service was good or bad... She is just cheap and stingy

Only time she tips 20-30% is when she is gone off that white wine and feeling generous:pachaha:

So if she is like that, than for damn sure middle class and lower class black folks probably tip bad as well...

Daps
its not a cop out, its just the truth.
Someone like you would need to work as a server to understand what goes into it.

It's a job often filled by high school and college students, stop trying to make into astrophysics.

But that's irrelevant, cuz, like I said, if it really is some complicated job that only the few, the proud, and the brave can handle adequately or at a high level, then the market would dictate that the servers are paid accordingly. For instance, if servers at a high end restaurant make $30 an hour with tips, on average, then if two equally esteemed high end restaurants open up next to each other and one prices his meals to support paying them $30/hour and the other prices his meals to support paying them $15/hour, then their survival will depend on how much folks desire that incremental difference in service. The market dictates.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
It's a job often filled by high school and college students, stop trying to make into astrophysics.

But that's irrelevant, cuz, like I said, if it really is some complicated job that only the few, the proud, and the brave can handle adequately or at a high level, then the market would dictate that the servers are paid accordingly. For instance, if servers at a high end restaurant make $30 an hour with tips, on average, then if two equally esteemed high end restaurants open up next to each other and one prices his meals to support paying them $30/hour and the other prices his meals to support paying them $15/hour, then their survival will depend on how much folks desire that incremental difference in service. The market dictates.
fam talk to anyone from outside of the country, American restaurants have the best service in the world. Europeans and such are amazed when they first eat here.
There is a reason for that.

What kind of places do you normally dine in?

Daps
fam talk to anyone from outside of the country, American restaurants have the best service in the world. Europeans and such are amazed when they first eat here.
There is a reason for that.

What kind of places do you normally dine in?

Normally? Just regular run of the mill spots. I've been to high end spots tho, definitely not regularly tho.

You keep trying to prove that it takes some highly skilled workers to wait tables at a high end restaurant...it doesn't matter. Even if you're right, the market would support paying them at their current rate.

Never mind the fact that waiters in high end restaurants are just a small subset of the population.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I just think it's a kinda disgusting attitude and view that people don't tip, or refuse to tip severs, waiters, whatever...very condescending and elitist, very American really. I tip regardless, I hardly pay attention to the service, take my order, and bring the food, I'm there to eat, not evaluate a fukking servers performance. Usually, upscale quality restaurants will have solid service. You can't be hitting up greasy spoon Dennys and shyt expecting great service...which is why I don't go to those places. On the other hand, mostly I just emphasize with people in that industry, it's demanding, competitive, and they don't make much at the mercy of a bunch of jackasses all day....empathy is like a lost emotion in this generation. No one gives a fukk about anyone unless they are getting something from them. I hate people 'fukk that girl working the counter at the taco shop...let her get a real job' and that kind of disposition towards what some consider 'lower class'.

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
Nice arguments for both sides of situation. :ehh:

Not sure exactly where I stand. :hula:

I usually leave a regular tip. If the waitress/bartender is hot and exceptional, I'll leave a little more... :whew:

...but I think we can all agree on one thing here:

This is all the fault of women and their bytching. :hmm:

:troll: